View All Posts: Mikeneto

12345678910 ... ... 121122123124125126127128129130131

» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 21:32 
VanillaGorilla said:
OMG are you Derek Poundstone Grin

No mam
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 21:13 
WILLSAN said:
Really? Do you only post in places where everyone agrees with you? If you do, you're right, this is probably the wrong forum to be in! Grin
You make good points in your previous post btw.

I have an American bias, this site seems bias against America.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 21:12 
Post Edited: 27.07.2013 @ 21:14 PM by Mikeneto
Another thing to add in the equations is keeping nations apart also, which I guess takes out randomness from selecting who is in groups.

I have thought about it not a great deal...as per usual the people that actually matter have probably thought about it lots and come up with the most ideal system. I actually really like Colin Bryce he seems Scandinavian nice.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 20:53 
Also I may stop posting. The reason I didn't join sooner because I tend to disagree with a lot that is posted on here.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 20:48 
Post Edited: 27.07.2013 @ 21:34 PM by Mikeneto
It has nothing to do with seedings really. It should be seeded(which it obviously is), the best should be kept separate until the final. My point is the strongmen get selected and then they basically get to choose if they're in a squat heat or a deadlift heat. From a few comments I have read it seems like Bryce has put certain strongmen that favour deadlift in a squat heat and the strongmen have complained and then been put into a deadlift heat.

Now I don't know how this process fully works, I was actually kind of curious hence why I starting the thread. Does he release a first seed and second seed list with events and then asks them if they're happy...they then agree or not and then he jostles them more? But essentially it seems like he picks where everyone goes.

But it is probably a moot point because the strongmen in the squat heat generally prefer squats and vice versa. I would just prefer a process of randomness when putting the groups with the events and not having the same guys doing squats all the time. There is 6 events.

From his interview it did seem he would like them doing squats to mix it up and maybe run it closer in the heats for ratings...the heats last just as long as the final and also rely on ratings.

It does seem like he is in control and does his best to keep everyone happy.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 17:03 
Post Edited: 27.07.2013 @ 17:04 PM by Mikeneto
shanejer said:Surely I'm not the only one thinking who the f**k are you?

Confused

No one(arm chair fan). Just always find it weird that is the same guys doing the same event at WSM each year. I guess if you see it as a TV show rather than a competition there is no need for discussion on it.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 16:28 
VanillaGorilla said:
It isn't. It's dictated by Colin Bryce.
Because he is running a TV production company, NOT an athletic disciplines governing body. WSM is an entertainment programme aimed at the recreational sports fan or casual TV viewer. So lots of reps with ridiculous looking equipment for an exciting close competition is the order of the day.
WSM is entertainment, not sport, and I think that can largely be traced all the way down the line.
Strongman is a circus side show.

While I agree in some respect. I also think it is a genuine sport with a genuine title. It isn't the WWE.

I also read an interview with Colin Bryce on muscletalk and he mentions how much the strongmen winge if they're put in a squat heat, so this obviously has an affect on his decision. Making it a draw mixes it up more.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 16:24 
Actually wrong of me to say to get a backbone....just make it a draw and no one can complain then.
» WSM heat draw... (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 16:15 
Post Edited: 27.07.2013 @ 16:16 PM by Mikeneto
It obviously hasn't been done. ..I think they should pull the names out of the bag and have it all random...then have first seeds, second seeds and then the rest. Every year it is basically the same guys in the squat heats and deadlift heats, the lower down guys don't have a say, happy to be there etc.

You get guys who are actually great squatters not getting a load of points on the squats because all the not so good squatters are in the deadlift heat.

Would be nice to see what Shaw, Poundstone, Felix and Hollands would do in the squatting event. Was actually good to see Thor having ago last year, it keeps things interesting.

I don't understand why the competition is so dictated by the athletes. Colin Bryce needs to get a backbone.
» Brian Shaw's weight (Go to post)27-07-2013 @ 15:51 
Post Edited: 27.07.2013 @ 16:00 PM by Mikeneto
He was pretty good at 2012 Arnold's. If he hadn't of been so lean and gained a stone or so more I think he would of got the log and won again. This year's Arnold's was a mess, you could see from his pre-Arnold training vid that his prep was off...2012 he was doing 200+kg logs in training, for 2013 he had his nice new pretty 400lbs log which he never lifted more than and just hoped on the day he would lift the Austrain Oak that is 50lbs heavier and much larger and awkward.
» Brian Shaw's weight (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 17:56 
MrSmall said:The good old "Mariusz is too small, Z is too slow" bulls**t strikes again!

Mariusz would be too small, he proved this when he competed at the Arnold's where he wasn't ripped and would come in heavier and still finish way down. So he just stop going to save face. Last time Mariusz actually beat Z would of been like 2003...Z beat him about 4 times or so between then, with lots and lots of ducking from Pudz.

Z while amazing at stuff like fingal fingers and barrell toss, he does drop points in yoke and farmers...his grip also fails on him on very heavy farmers. If they have farmers and make it very heavy at WSM he will finish a fair bit down...say about 6th.
» Weightlifting shoes (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 13:35 
The first two replies sum it up perfectly. Close thread.
» Brian Shaw's weight (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 13:27 
Also if Scherr hadn't gone to WWE this could of been the 5 American's going to WSM

Shaw 6ft 8 450lbs

Jenkins 6ft 6 400lbs+

Burke 6ft 6 370lbs..he is actually fairly lean. Could bump that upto 400lbs no problem

Oberst 6ft 7 400lbs+

Scherr 6ft 8 400lbs+

That would be one massive team!
» Brian Shaw's weight (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 13:24 
Thing said:
i thought Oberst was a 360 Deadlifter?? but hes a beast of a man wonder if he's healthy Wink

Well it was...if he gets that up to 390kg for Giant's...it means he is heading in the right direction and fast, his pressing is not in doubt. He will be quick as well coming from an American Football background.

I said it in another thread, but he seems to be another Mike Jenkins.
» Brian Shaw's weight (Go to post)26-07-2013 @ 13:14 
tonyRAW said:
lol are we the weight watchers? What do you reckon Shaw will say if he sees what you have posted. Dem Brits bishing about his weight.

They all say the same thing...'I don't weigh myself too often, I don't take much notice'...Yet they obviously know.

12345678910 ... ... 121122123124125126127128129130131

You are here: HomeForumMikeneto → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions