REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 185 guests
You are here: HomeForumBritishViking → View All Posts

View All Posts: BritishViking

» Carrers/jobs that aren't terrible (Go to post)08-05-2014 @ 14:26 
Web developer.

2 years ago I didn't know what to do career wise, somehow coding websites became a bit of a hobby and decided to pursue it as a career. 12 months later landed my first role at a startup agency, haven't looked back since. Love my job and there are a tonne of opportunities in the field. Money isn't bad either, considering I can spend all day on the internet Happy

I don't have a related degree or anything, it's one of those careers where a strong portfolio can open doors.
» Worlds strongest man (Go to post)30-03-2014 @ 11:59 
kirkynick said:Well done Big Z and all the Brits.

Would love to see Big Z vs Malanichev in raw powerlifting. Big Z must be near to a 1100+ total on a good day.

I'd love to see this too, I would love to see what Z could get if he trained specifically for PL say after he retires from SM. Could be in with a shout to break some records?
» Arnold strongman classic predictions (Go to post)02-03-2014 @ 11:28 
Post Edited: 02.03.2014 @ 11:29 AM by BritishViking
I think there should be more than a 1 point gap between 1st and 2nd place, I think it would have been very hard on Z not to win the event overall having won the majority of events. - Had failed that final rep on the DB.

I really am amazed at the performances this year, records broken, the number of guys who repped that 200kg log was just phenomenal. I wish there would have been more time for the growing yoke, I was really curious to see how much weight Z and Shaw could shift.
» Shitty food cravings... (Go to post)28-02-2014 @ 22:36 
Post Edited: 28.02.2014 @ 22:37 PM by BritishViking
Pretty fortunate as I don't really like sweet things and only drink at big social occasions.
But on the other hand I do love to eat burgers, cheese as well, I'd actually say dairy products although not s**tty I do consume in excess and the bf has, without a doubt increased as a result in the past year.
» Looking for a new job (Go to post)11-01-2014 @ 07:35 
Seconded, While I was on the road I met quite a lot of people who had jacked it in to move abroad or travel for an extended period, not a single one of those regretted their decision. It's a different story if you have responsibilities i.e. kids, if not go for it. Worst case is it doesn't work out you head back home with some life changing experiences!
» Looking for a new job (Go to post)10-01-2014 @ 22:11 
Well admittedly 28 isnt old at all so im not the best example fir that. But what im trying to say is that age should not be an issue.
» Looking for a new job (Go to post)10-01-2014 @ 21:55 
I was doing a string of dead end jobs, some to note: McDonalds, litter picking for the council, nothing that could be considered a career or professional. I got bored of this and had no idea of what direction to go in, so I saved up a few K over the course of a year and left the UK to travel and to do a bit of soul searching.

While travelling I started trying to make money online through affiliate marketing. I found it didn't make much money but I did notice that I was getting quite good at developing websites and I enjoyed it. After some hard thinking about my future and looking at career prospects for web developers I figured that's what I wanna do. So I spent around 6 months spending 4-5 hours a day learning the trade and building up a portfolio. Thankfully a new web agency took a punt on me and gave me a chance, now I actually feel like I have a career. I was 28 when I got this job.

Long story short - you're never too old to learn a new trade, if you want it badly enough you will make it happen - enthusiasm and determination go farther than qualifications.
» 2014 Goals (Go to post)04-01-2014 @ 20:26 
290kg dead
220kg squat
160kg bench
105kg press
» Sad day in strongman, Mike jenkins passes away. (Go to post)29-11-2013 @ 09:22 
Such a shocking loss to the strongman community, my thoughts are with his friends and family. He always came across as a true gentleman. Strongman has lost a great ambassador for the sport Unhappy
» UK's Strongest Man 2013 (Go to post)27-11-2013 @ 16:19 
chaos said:Is there anywhere to watch it online? Wnakers don't have Challenge TV out here!

This!
» When did you start? How have you progressed? (Go to post)19-11-2013 @ 21:59 
Benvie said:
That is some pretty epic weight gain in 10 months.

Some of it is probably muscle memory, I was close to 100kg before I went travelling.
My best lifts before I left were:

Press: 75kg x 6
bench: 120kg x 6
Squat: 160kg x 6
Deadlift: 210 kg x 6

So not a huge increase on those numbers, but it's good to get back into the swing of things nice and quickly Happy

Some of the changes in this thread are just unreal and certainly inspire!
» When did you start? How have you progressed? (Go to post)19-11-2013 @ 20:16 
Started lifting properly in 2008, but broke my arm later that year, and I was travelling from Oct 2011 - Feb 2013 and lost majority of my gains in that time.

I'll put my lifts when I started back in Feb this year, the progression has been quick thanks to muscle memory and a heavy Swedish diet.

BW: 85kg
Press: 60kg x 6
Bench: 100kg x 6
Squat: 100kg x 6
Deadlift: 140kg x 6

Now:
BW: 105kg
Press: 80kg x 6
Bench: 125kg x 6
Squat: 170kg x 6
Dead: 230kg x 6
» Alex Ferguson (Go to post)26-10-2013 @ 08:09 
I think his comments about Gerrard are pretty much spot on. He is a top player, but not a top top player. Fergie may well have wanted to sign him, he signed many top players but very few top top players.

When I think of top top players I think about the likes of Zidane, the Ronaldo's Messi etc, Gerrard is simply not in the same league.
» Rob's PB Quest (Go to post)18-10-2013 @ 07:48 
Post Edited: 18.10.2013 @ 07:48 AM by BritishViking
Quick update -

Been doing the 5-3-1 routine, but work has meant that I've not had much time to keep a full log.

Most recent lifts:

Press: 80kg x 6, 92.5kg x 1

Deadlift: 215kg x 8 260kg x 1

Squat: 167.5kg x 6, 190kg x 1

Bench: 122.5kg x 6, 142.5kg x 1
» post comp relief..vodka masks muscle pain. naturals don't do drugs! (Go to post)24-09-2013 @ 06:29 
The're right, 4 double cheeseburgers is not enough after a comp or even after a regular session of deads and I'm not such a huge eater compared with some.
I managed 7 doubles last year but did I feel like death for the hours that followed. Never again.

I usually gorge on milk for that bit extra on top of a meal, excess liquids are easier to handle then excess solids Happy

You are here: HomeForumBritishViking → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions