REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 153 guests
You are here: HomeForumPint → View All Posts

View All Posts: Pint

12345678910 ... ... 2627282930313233343536

» severn valley (Go to post)18-07-2009 @ 20:42 
Post Edited: 18.07.2009 @ 20:42 PM by Pint
bhamstaff said:

i cant get over how many fags terry hollands smokes!! must of smoked 20 over the day.

Is that gangsta rap for how many homosexuals he killed by shooting?Confused Happy Confused

Anyone know that final placing lists yet?
» severn valley (Go to post)18-07-2009 @ 09:31 
Best of luck to all in this - especially Grant from the PSMA!!!

HAve a good one and lets see some pics/vids asap!Grin
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)17-07-2009 @ 14:24 
Far too trusting me!! Have cheque, in post!!

CheersGrin
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)16-07-2009 @ 20:18 
Dont own a chequebook!!! Can I send cash, form is ready to go, in envelope, can post this if cash is ok... Cheers
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)13-07-2009 @ 21:25 
Am I too late to get in on this one??

Have filled out a form, what do I do about payment?

Please put my name down

Matt Lamport
» August Back holiday Novice comp in Reading (Go to post)12-07-2009 @ 19:11 
Post Edited: 12.07.2009 @ 19:16 PM by Pint
Looking good Craig,

I take it we are still going for the 'pick on the day' idea...
At least nothing is predecided and if we are all there when the events are picked we have all got the same chances of getting strong events...

I dont want you basement lads picking any of your fave's out before we arrive now!! LOL

Tongue Tongue

Looking forward to this now.
» August Back holiday Novice comp in Reading (Go to post)06-07-2009 @ 21:19 
Craig,

just read the s**t news about the Basement!!!

Is this going to effect the comp?

If there is anything I can do to help with re-settling, transporting gear etc.. Please let me know (...blah blah...c**t...blah...etc)

Matt
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)06-07-2009 @ 21:17 
Not sure about the weights on this one. But really keen to be involved in the Naturals competitions in the hope that we can get this area of the sport off the ground...

How many competitors are there now, and how many are you allowing?
» Englands Strongest man - Update and results (Go to post)06-07-2009 @ 19:48 
Awesome comp, well worth the 5 hour round trip drive!!!

Loz - you were the Man on the day, well deserved, world class performance.

Alex was really a dark horse in this, looking consistant and powerful throughout.

Stoneman, you did us all proud. Gutted for you at the injury, hope you are fighting fit soon..

Must also mention Kelv Gardner who came in as the outsider but showed true guts and determination throughout and absolutely blew us away on the final stones (beating, I believe, his own PB by TWO STONES) by completing all 6!!!!

Thanks to all the warriors for giving us a great day out!!
» Englands strongest man (Go to post)04-07-2009 @ 12:39 
I will be there!!!

Driving up early tomorrow...Should be a belter!!Grin
» August Back holiday Novice comp in Reading (Go to post)03-07-2009 @ 20:38 
Ohhhhh!!!! Not only am I a spaz...I am a c**t as well.....so my wife WAS right!!

For your information I am equally poor at every event so it doesnt matter to me what you do!!!

I love the positive feedback and the hard work...I will take on any event and aim to look not only weak, but also awkward. So watch yourselves...

I have been insulted by Rob Frampton so you're all going to have to work harder!!

(on a completely serious note - and if you couldnt tell, I have been joking up until now - I am easy, whenever the events are posted or picked is fine with me. Would have preferred not to have HAD an events list, which is then changed because, as I said at the beginning, I gear my training towards the comp, but actually I am happy to have a crack at anything and everything - I am a 100% kinda guy)

Also, I respect your opinion as experienced strongmen, individuals, members of society and a bunch of c**ts - I am still going to win!!!
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
» August Back holiday Novice comp in Reading (Go to post)03-07-2009 @ 09:11 
Also, why not stick the hand over hand pull in aswell?

Tried this on the basements comedy, broken, booby trapped floor - good for a laugh and impossibly unfair due to potholes, random stones and invisible sticking points!!!

Might as well put in something else I have no practice on just to make it even more horrible!!!???!!Angry Angry

All joking aside, I think that random events is s**t. Might all be static, or all endurance etc. This will really favour some over others. A decent pick that tests a bit of everything is the way to go. But, I know no-one cares what I think so, for the dyslexics, fkuc yuo!!Grin
» August Back holiday Novice comp in Reading (Go to post)03-07-2009 @ 09:02 
Post Edited: 03.07.2009 @ 09:12 AM by Pint
Stop f**king changing it all!!!!!

I come all the way to bloody Reading to practice on the bloody Viking and now it might be a bloody log press, or not bloody in there at all!!! AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!

Plus I am colourblind so depending on which yoke we use I might not be able to find it...

Also I am left handed so can only deadlift with a left handed bar and you've only got right handed ones...

Stop being prejudiced towards us spaz's!!

(also I have dust allergies so cant go into the basement...?)

I think its a stupid comp for stupid people and I will see you there..
PINT
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)03-07-2009 @ 08:52 
andysmiles said:
definately thinking about enterting as a first comp Happy

probably wont get many reps with the stuff but definately get one or two with most so im just going to hava a f**king good go Grin

good first comp for a 85kg? or think i will get made to look like a fool?

Dont worry about how you look!! Just give it your best and you will get full respect from everyone..

Really important to support the natural/tested competition if we ever want it to grow enough to have proper weight classes etc...

Is this a 'turn up on the day' event or are applications required?

How much to enter?

Is there a competitor list for this yet?
CHEEERS!!!Grin
» What constitutes a Novice...? (Go to post)30-06-2009 @ 12:37 
The debate goes on...
Just to re-confirm (a la Craigmanc post) I fully support people who tryout at Novice and then change to Inter or Open once they have seen that they are fully above the level of the novice field (ie Colin H)!

Its when people dont move up that gets up my nose..

This discussion has pointed out that Novice comps are only trial areas and, perhaps, I shouldnt worry too much about placements because the field is so varied. I hadnt really thought about it like that.

I also concede that there is often no corrolation between PL and Strongman. However, there are often times (ie strongman raising bar deadlifts etc) where these are completely relevant...but it still is not an indicator of the other events which might involve completely different movements.

This slightly undoes the argument that "if you can lift one rep on an open comp you should go up" because a good powerlifter would make a single deadlift or overhead press from an open comp but may be, as illustrated in the posts above, no real indicator of strongman ability.

I guess we can surmise that the best gague of competition ability is performance in competition...So again, I reckon either one or two "top three" placements at novice (to allow for the variable fields) should be the cut off.

What then about the lads who compete at u75, u90 at higher level (northern, southern, or national etc) - would a performance at this level definately rule you out? considering that the weights used may often be similar to a Novice comp?

12345678910 ... ... 2627282930313233343536

You are here: HomeForumPint → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions