REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 145 guests
You are here: HomeForumcolinj → View All Posts

View All Posts: colinj

» handbike help! (Go to post)18-10-2012 @ 11:38 
VanillaGorilla said:
Sounds awesome Grin Good luck with the risk assesment for you PLI for that though haha Grin

where theres a will theres a way! ha cheers!
» handbike help! (Go to post)18-10-2012 @ 11:23 
VanillaGorilla said:There are plenty of upper body ergometers on the market, this is the one we have: http://www.pulsefitness.com/ube.htm

Thanks for the reply, What im actually looking at doing is the same set up as the show. So you get up onto it and dangle just holding the handles and move 20 metres down the gym. (like what used to be on gladiators eliminator!!)
» handbike help! (Go to post)18-10-2012 @ 09:22 
cheers mate il look into it.
» handbike help! (Go to post)18-10-2012 @ 08:37 
Im in the process of opening a gym (not just a weights gym) but more crossfit, fitness style gym. Along with all the usual pieces of equipment I am going to input some equipment that is unique but actually very testing. One of these is going to be a handbike, similar to that what used to be on GLADIATORS! Does anybody know where I could buy one of these, or is anybody on here got a good idea and understanding how to make one, it looks a simple design but im no engineer / welder!
» Time for an u120kg weight class? (Go to post)30-05-2012 @ 09:25 
Ben_F said:One thing that puts me off running a 120s comp' is that quite a few seem to think it would be good for one off comp' but not as "proper" weight class with regionals/nationals etc...

...that said I think I will run one anyway... I'll need to check dates but am thinking it will look something like this (with these events I'd likely have to cap numbers at about 16... which is kind of a nice problem to have IF it arises!).

Vehicle Deadlift
Axle/Dumbell Medley
Power Stairs
Cross Carry
Loading Medley

hi, if this goes ahead il love to have a go at this.
» the body extreme uks north of england strongest man,esm qualifier (Go to post)07-05-2012 @ 11:16 
At the beginning of the competition we were given the rules for the barrels, and they were to stand them on end.
When loading my 1st barrel I clearly heard the head referee shout to the man on the wagon not to touch the barrel. 
The fact is marks 1st barrel was helped on to it's end by the man on the wagon. Without this help the barrel would have fallen and cost Mark time / points. 
A spotter is there for the single purpose of ensuring the safety of the competitor. In this case the spotter involved himself in the event which positively influenced the result in Marks favour. 
» the body extreme uks north of england strongest man,esm qualifier (Go to post)06-05-2012 @ 22:07 
I would like to congratulate the top 4 qualifiers, and would like to thank the organisers and especially the sponsors for their generosity. 

I am somewhat disappointed with certain aspects of the day.
Rules are there for a reason, and need to be actioned fairly.
It goes without saying competitors compete because they love the sport, & want to see it progress. We spend a small fortune on supplements, food, and equipment. It is therefore disappointing that standard rules are not being kept the same for everyone.
I very rarely complain / voice my opinion but feel very strongly about this. I'm not going to single out any specific lifts or people as what's done is done.
The referee was made aware of one of the incidents,  understood and agreed with the problem, but felt it was more disruptive to adhere to the  rules than to uphold the integrity of the event?!  I hate to see the sport I love coming in to disrepute. 

I hope to see you all again next year bigger & stronger. 
» UK Strongman North Final - 27th August (Go to post)01-05-2012 @ 15:26 
JC said:
dont know...it does say 2012 if you click on the link though!

I think there may be an error because the novice are doing the same weights as opens!
» UK Strongman North Final - 27th August (Go to post)01-05-2012 @ 15:22 
aren't these the same events as last year?
» Changes at O.S.G .... (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 13:22 
JC said:
Dont have to ask mate....always welcome the presence of an open beast Wink
well do roughly 10-1 buddy...be nice to see you again

Ha thankyou Happy
10 till 1 sounds perfect, see you then mate.
» Changes at O.S.G .... (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 12:22 
JC said:
I'll be down with Mills Sunday mate
Plan is:
Log
Dumbell
15" Pulls
Farmers
Keg Toss
Stones

hi, long time no speak JC, was wondering if i could train with you guys on sunday. If so what time you starting? cheers colin
» Colin Jones Log - the road to the uk's. (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 19:49 
Tom - thats the reason I got them, i read your facebook status that you had a pair, and i felt left out so had to purchase some!

JC - I just wanted to mix it up today and will concentrate on reps for now until May.

Gray - Im very happy i live in the north, 300 for reps is just too much!!! rather you than me!
» Colin Jones Log - the road to the uk's. (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 19:48 
Tom - thats the reason I got them, i read your facebook status that you had a pair, and i felt left out so had to purchase some!

JC - I just wanted to mix it up today and will concentrate on reps for now until May.

Gray - Im very happy i live in the north, 300 for reps is just too much!!! rather you than me!
» Colin Jones Log - the road to the uk's. (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 16:37 
yeah titan briefs - 2nd time using them and theyre feeling great
» Colin Jones Log - the road to the uk's. (Go to post)24-01-2012 @ 16:27 

pb of 300kg today Happy

You are here: HomeForumcolinj → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions