REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 205 guests
You are here: HomeForumcolinj → View All Posts

View All Posts: colinj

» HELP IN MAKING A CAR DEADLIFT FRAME PLEASE (Go to post)25-02-2009 @ 13:06 
jt said:
colin pm me and i can give you a guys number who can make you one for a fraction of pullum price

just sent you one now - thanks.
» HELP IN MAKING A CAR DEADLIFT FRAME PLEASE (Go to post)25-02-2009 @ 09:39 
hi, i mentioned a while back that i am in the process of opening a gym, which will include most of the strongman equipment.
Iv looked into buying a frame from pullum sports but at £895 they seem far to expensive for what they are. iv decided im going to go to a local company and get one made up. Does anyone have any diagrams and sizes of a standard car lift frame? or does anybody have one they are willing to sell?
I am also going to have 4 or 5 atlas stone platforms made up, again does anybody have the platforms they are not using and would like to sell? (as they will be in the gym and open to the public they need to be safe and look well).

Many thanks Colin.
» Terry hollands 415k deadlift attempt (Go to post)19-02-2009 @ 12:02 
mickashurst said:
colinj said:
Thanks for the info.....

think il just stick to a normal deadlift, dont want to get used to rolling it incase the deadlift in a competion is like a silver dollar deadlift! ...wouldn't be rolling that very far!!!!

You can only try it Colin. Jokuo Ahola did them in that fashion and nobody can say it did'nt work for him.

..........HE WHO DARES WINS I SUPPOSE!!! THANKS MICK.
» Terry hollands 415k deadlift attempt (Go to post)19-02-2009 @ 11:06 
Thanks for the info.....

think il just stick to a normal deadlift, dont want to get used to rolling it incase the deadlift in a competion is like a silver dollar deadlift! ...wouldn't be rolling that very far!!!!
» Terry hollands 415k deadlift attempt (Go to post)19-02-2009 @ 08:31 
just watched the video and noticed how he rolls the bar towards him before picking the weight up, this is the 3rd person now I have seen doing this. Is it just personal preference or is there a reason for it. Im just curious as like everyone else i am always looking to improve my lift!
» IFSA log for sale - nottingham (Go to post)18-02-2009 @ 13:56 
WILLSAN said:
£250 delivered. mines 80kg and that ones 90kg though not that that makes an awful lot of difference. id probably pay up to £260 for it myself.

Willsan, was he a friend who made it for you, or will he make them for anybody? £250 sounds reasonable for a new log. If possible could you send me his details as im after one, and if i dont get the one on ebay im stuck to where i can get one??

thanks!
» Strongman Training (Go to post)15-01-2009 @ 17:10 
tonyjb72.....

Hi, yes times for weekend would be Saturday 08:00 - 17:00 and Sunday 10:00 - 16:00.

The building is actually stood on concrete pillars and benefits from a car park under the building, therefore rain or shine the equipment will be there to play/train with. (Atlas stones and log will be inside the gym)

Hope to see you there and il keep you posted with the progress, 'my' training is seriously affected by this, so the quicker the gym is open the quicker i can get some serious training done!!!
» Strongman Training (Go to post)15-01-2009 @ 16:42 
Hi, I know that you are looking for a strongman training place/gym now, but just thought id let you know that I am in the process of opening a gym in Padiham, nr Burnley (25mins from Preston). The gym will have all the usual gym equipment but will also house strongman equipment, (such as log, farmers, stones, duck walk, yoke etc....). Should be open around 8/9 weeks (if all goes to plan!), but il let you know when so you can have a go with all the equipment.

Cheers Colin.
» log trainer for sale (Go to post)28-10-2008 @ 13:03 
thanks for the reply, as im at work for some reason its not letting me view the pic!! il have a look once i get home! cheers.
» log trainer for sale (Go to post)28-10-2008 @ 09:00 
Whats the difference between a log trainer and a normal log, is it the size, weight, or both. Thanks.
» ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN BUY A LOG? (Go to post)10-10-2008 @ 08:10 
my shoulders are my weakest bodypart though!!!!!!!!
» ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN BUY A LOG? (Go to post)09-10-2008 @ 13:59 
thanks little_a il ask a guy at my gym who knows him to pass on my number.

I think its me you mean Joni - (i competed with you at Northwich!!)......hope your well!!
» ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN BUY A LOG? (Go to post)09-10-2008 @ 11:54 
Thanks, il have a look for it!

I live in Burnley.
» ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN BUY A LOG? (Go to post)09-10-2008 @ 11:35 
Hi guys.
Im new to the forum, so would firstly like to say hello to everyone!!

Im after buying a steel log weighing around 70kg - 80kg, (its a shame shawn has sold his!!)
Could anybody point me in the direction of anybody or any companies that sell them? iv looked on the internet and just cannot seem to find any. Im willing to travel quite a distance for one!

thanks a lot!

You are here: HomeForumcolinj → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions