REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 134 guests
You are here: HomeForumianakajohn → View All Posts

View All Posts: ianakajohn

12345678910 ... ... 129130131132133134135136137138139

» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)14-01-2013 @ 08:33 
Thanks for everyones input on this I am very grateful for the advice, I am going to film my pulls from now on to see what shapes I'm banging out, the camera never lies. Going to work on keeping my lower back arched and the bar closer have to see what happens, have a nice day and thanks for reading.
» Chaotic Strongman Training (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 16:22 
Good work John, did you get your belt back before you left?
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 15:10 
herman said:
Ive seen some horrific examples of this.

have you seen the one when the guys knees fold in before a squat, ouch!!!
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 15:01 
Harry said:From what I have seen and in the few instances that I have used it, mixed grip makes it more problematic.

I do double overhand, no problems so far except this feeling on my left shoulder where flesh feels like its tearing whenever I go to my max.

Not got the grip power for double overhand as my left wrist is mostly metal after a nasty motorcycle accident, i could do it double overhand with straps i suppose but don't like using them.
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 12:24 
Rico said:Something that has helped me recently is tensing the lats as hard as possible before the pull. Think of it as a reverse shrug and at the same time trying to crush tennis balls in your armpits.

Great effort though regardless!

thanks for that, i have tried that before but ended up pulling my rib muscle maybe got too tight lol. Happy
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 12:02 
chrisjenkins said:
You will be able to knock inches off your ROM using a rounded back but it does depend on your body type and it can possibly lead to back problems, a straight back will protect your back and keep it healthy but you will have a longer distance to travel. That being said, if you look at old videos of Mark Cleg pulling his back is very flat and he has deadlifted 370kg, he's from a weightlifting background. If you look at any videos of Jouko Ahola, he has a slightly rounded back, his long arms aid in this type of pulling. If your going to round your back, try and add some hip mobility exercises and a good one I use is the prone press up. I do it after every deadlift session. It looks like your humping the floor but will help your posture.

I will check that prone press up out and add it to my routine, many thanks for the advice.
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:58 
fctilidie said:Your arms seem to be slightly bent still as you start to pull.

probably mate, i got issues lol
Happy
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:50 
AKBC said:
First thing I'd do is look at your set up, when you actually pull it the bar is too far away from you which won't help. Good lift though, I'm jealous.

Yeah it looked it on that vid and it rolls a little forward on the pull, its hard to know until you watch a vid though, deadlift is more technical than i first thought. Cheers if i can get it tighter more weight = happy Happy
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:45 
chrisjenkins said:
You will be able to knock inches off your ROM using a rounded back but it does depend on your body type and it can possibly lead to back problems, a straight back will protect your back and keep it healthy but you will have a longer distance to travel. That being said, if you look at old videos of Mark Cleg pulling his back is very flat and he has deadlifted 370kg, he's from a weightlifting background. If you look at any videos of Jouko Ahola, he has a slightly rounded back, his long arms aid in this type of pulling. If your going to round your back, try and add some hip mobility exercises and a good one I use is the prone press up. I do it after every deadlift session. It looks like your humping the floor but will help your posture.

You mean i finally have a reason for humping the floor? Win!!!

Grin Grin
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:36 
Pete said:

It's always good to see even more lifting from the legendary Catt's Gym! Happy

Yeah its a great gym, even better only 10 mins from my house

Happy
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:35 
Fazc said:Well, it's all new to me as well!

You bend more than I do I think? But I couldn't possibly say! Good effort mind.

Thanks very much, going for 210 thursday with a bit more legs, yeah i never thought i bent that much myself until seeing the vid but 205kg will do that to you lol Happy
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:28 
Fazc said:I've been building up my round back pull for the past couple months, I started very very lightly with just 80kg SLDL and worked up to the point where I recently pulled a PR Dead. It's worked fantastically well, it feels natural now and like there's more there.

Sounds very encouraging for the round back argument, i pull like that with no pain other than the usual crimson face. Happy
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:25 
me pulling with a quazimodo pb pull ha ha

» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:24 
Fazc said:I've been building up my round back pull for the past couple months, I started very very lightly with just 80kg SLDL and worked up to the point where I recently pulled a PR Dead. It's worked fantastically well, it feels natural now and like there's more there.

http://youtu.be/99hszSeTCI8
» Rounded back deadlift, recipe for disaster or good way to lift a bit more? (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 11:05 
Also i have a long torso with regular arms and legs, so that must effect technique variations right? Maybe i could try sumo?

12345678910 ... ... 129130131132133134135136137138139

You are here: HomeForumianakajohn → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions