REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 261 guests
You are here: HomeForumWaterfieId → View All Posts

View All Posts: WaterfieId

» Squat Rack (Go to post)01-02-2013 @ 18:55 
Post Edited: 01.02.2013 @ 19:18 PM by WaterfieId
The cheapest decent one I've found is this:

http://www.wolverson-fitness.co.uk/Squat-Dipping-Stand_AYLFV.a...

I think it has an extra pair of J-hooks for benching. I think it comes up to £120 including VAT and shipping with a 300kg rating.

AFAIK strength shop's stuff is rated higher than they say on their site but they re-rate them for safety? That might just be for their weightlifting bars though.
» Some Podium Gold Weightlifting Videos (Go to post)31-01-2013 @ 22:16 
Did you get the £2 back since he didn't participate? I can imagine a lot of people will have lost money on Klokov and Akkaev lol.

Yeah it's a shame about Hysen, I read he was planning on moving up into the 85kg category after the Olympics. He could have made some more monster lifts.
» Some Podium Gold Weightlifting Videos (Go to post)31-01-2013 @ 22:05 
So I was reading on Pendlay forum that podium gold has shut down. I'm guessing after the Hysen shenanigans membership fell off Unhappy.

I have always enjoyed watching their YouTube channel with their mix of world/national record training lifts, interviews, general banter and regular uploading so I thought I would share with you some of my favourite videos. Hopefully they keep them up on their site and they don't delete them, many YouTube channels do this which is why I'm making this thread now so you have a chance to see!

I think Abadjiev has gone back to Bulgaria and Hysen has stopped training, I have no idea about Krychev.

Hope you enjoy...
Hysen Pulaku 166kg Snatch, 211kg Clean and Jerk

Ivan Abadjiev Snatches

Hysen Pulaku 150kg Clean and Squat Jerk

Ian Wilson 180kg Clean and Double Jerk

Hysen Pulaku Snatch Warm Up Series [My favourite]

There's tons of other videos on their youtube channel; national recording breaking national/training lifts and some other awesome people including D'Angelo, Anthony Pomponio, etc etc.
» Russian weightlifting (Go to post)24-01-2013 @ 20:27 
Post Edited: 24.01.2013 @ 20:34 PM by WaterfieId
Here's two older videos from YouTube channel hr cro which are less known:

Dmitry Klokov Russian Nationals 2011

Khadzhimurat Akkaev 210kg Clean and Jerk

Allthingsgym has a really good website for keeping updated with latest vids: Hixxy, Marc, Tom, Ben and Paddy, etc etc have all made it onto it before.

[edit]Seriously though, check out hr cro's channel. 170kgx2 hang snatch as a light 85 (83 I believe?). Tons of other Russian stuff!
» 180kg backsquat for 8 (Go to post)24-01-2013 @ 10:15 
http://nestblogdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/jelly.jpg[/c...
» FB: Awkward Gym Moments page (Go to post)23-01-2013 @ 11:16 
MrSmall said:
like portugalioj7 or whatever he is on youtube, just reposts endlessly.

Yeah that's pretty annoying too but on the flip side some of the YouTube channels with the original content have been deleted so at least they're still about.

I don't mind re-uploads as long as the original owner gets credit Happy. Adam Storey has a great channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/agstorey - but all of his work keeps getting nicked and I think he's stopped uploading footage because of it which is a shame.

Some of his videos:

(Headphone warning)
» FB: Awkward Gym Moments page (Go to post)23-01-2013 @ 10:38 
The guy who runs this page is a t**t. ~100k subscribers and he just re-upload clips instead of giving the owners traffic.

I hope he gets done for copyright. He doesn't even know what a Zercher or who Misha is.

Rustled.
» Right of access on driveways (Go to post)18-01-2013 @ 11:16 
» Squatting - negative only (Go to post)11-01-2013 @ 01:12 
Post Edited: 11.01.2013 @ 01:12 AM by WaterfieId
Last paragraph...yeah yeah, I know I know, wikipedia blah blah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_contraction#Eccentric_cont...

There's got to be someone out there who's tried it tbh.
» pictures... (Go to post)10-01-2013 @ 04:39 
Post Edited: 10.01.2013 @ 05:34 AM by WaterfieId
Probably depends where it was taken as well. If it is a photo of you in a public place/sporting event then afaik rights belong to the owner who took the photo. Also I think it would depend on the application of the photo taken - are they using your photo to endorse their gym, or are they using your photo for news/art (background picture for example).

I was on bbc 3 4 weeks ago but I didn't sign their form so they had to blur my face out lol.
» best site to start a blog with (Go to post)06-01-2013 @ 15:51 
Blogger or wordpress are the big ones. Both have free hosting. If you are hosting your own site there's some other platforms like joomla you can use. Wordpress and blogger are also quite google friendly so it's likely you'll rank higher with them too (I think).

Ben_F said:What is the purpose of a blog compared to a training journal on here?

Everything you post is yours and can be deleted, seen a few old members of other sites falling out with their owners and wanting everything deleted. Tbh it's a bit like facebook terms and conditions afaik (they keep everything and there's nothing you can do to stop them)!

Also monetisation but you need traffic for that and you can add custom features, widgets/extensions like galleries, videos, put stuff in categories so it's easier to find if you need it, etc.
» bit cheeky but are there any current discount codes for strength shop? (Go to post)06-01-2013 @ 00:18 
I can tell you they are doing 50% off bundles, 10% off when you spend £30, 15% when you spend £60, 20% when you spend £90 - valid till the 10th. They also have a free shaker for when you buy over £20's worth and some protein specific large %'s off.

Obviously I can't post you these links because it's against forum rules. Really the owner of this site should do that and profit from the links.

Topcashback.co.uk have some affiliate links which you can get 10% off (eventually, it takes forever).

Also before you order an item, on the front page in the bottom left hand side of the screen there is a "price beater". If you copy and paste a few rival companies into there you can usually get an extra 5-10% off your order.

You can usually get 5kg unflavoured protein for around £35-40 doing all these (not to mention if you are buying in bulk even more).
» Where to get Adidas Power Perfect 2 Weightlifting shoes, UK size 9.5? (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 22:07 
Post Edited: 02.01.2013 @ 22:08 PM by WaterfieId
No problemo, by the way the power perfect 2's have quite long laces, not sure if that type of thing bothers you but just something to keep in mind!
» Where to get Adidas Power Perfect 2 Weightlifting shoes, UK size 9.5? (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 16:54 
Post Edited: 02.01.2013 @ 17:01 PM by WaterfieId
http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/adidas-power-perfect-ii-weight...

Edit: Had another look around google but couldn't see anything. When I got mine it was only 4 stores which did them, amazon, pullum, sugar rays and the one I got them from. Unfortunately I can't remember what that store was! £90 isn't a bad price tbh, got mine for £105 plus £10 next day delivery.

Found this site too: http://www.profitness-supplies.com/adidas-power-perfect-ll.htm... and another: http://www.topranksport.co.uk/adidas-power-perfect-ii--weightl...

Sugar rays is pretty well known though.
» Blogs (Go to post)26-12-2012 @ 14:37 
drew said:
Irishmarcs blog

Yup. Edited.

You are here: HomeForumWaterfieId → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions