REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 250 guests
You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts

View All Posts: AdamT

12345678910 ... 326327328 ... 338339340341342343344345346347348

» 390kg raw deadlift at 100kg (Go to post)22-01-2013 @ 12:07 
Simeon said:crikey. More and more insane raw lifts being put up these days

Big respect for any equipped lifters that put up huge numbers, but nothing beats watching huge numbers being lifted raw imo!
» Jim Wendler Article (Go to post)22-01-2013 @ 12:03 
Im doing his 5/3/1 programme, im not normally the best for sticking to a program, but i genuinely enjoy this one, easy to follow and im beating a lot of rep pb.
» Jim Wendler Article (Go to post)22-01-2013 @ 11:45 
My bad for putting this up. I must be a cheesy c**t Happy
» Jim Wendler Article (Go to post)22-01-2013 @ 10:17 
Post Edited: 22.01.2013 @ 12:31 PM by Rob
http://www.jimwendler.com/2011/09/time-to-man-up/

Time to Man Up

I’m going to have to give you some Tough Lust here (no lube or spit). First, I need for you to re-read this article, especially this part:

“Where performance and kicking ass are more important than how you look. Where people eat to live, not live to eat. Where trucks are pushed and sleds are pulled. Where reps and weight are counted, calories are not. Where running isn’t “cardio, it’s part of training and if you’re going to walk for your conditioning you best have something on your back or in your hands”

You admit that you are not strong enough (many of us feel this way but understand that it is an ongoing process and that THIS process is important). But please DO NOT be that guy who talks about where he holds his fat or how his legs or “obliques” are fattier than they should be. Where has our gender gone?

What I would prescribe for you is to get rid of all these silly, pathetic and disgusting notions of what you think a man should look like and start over. I’m going to give everyone a huge hint here: no one gives a s**t what you look like. Now I’m not saying being a fat slob doesn’t raise some eyebrows in disgust, but if you kick as much ass as possible in the weight room and conditioning field AND start OWNING the f**k out of your given “sport” (you better start competing and making your training count), you will not only LOOK better but you will feel better. People are not attracted to vanity – they are attracted to confidence and passion. No one owns a room by the way they look; it’s how they carry themselves.

There is so much more to this, but PLEASE don’t talk about your love handles. Talk about your passions in life, talk about how you’ve moved boulders, talk about the books you’ve read, talk about the world’s you’ve changed. You have the passion for training, start making this s**t count.

I know this is probably way off topic then what you wanted but I’m trying hard to get rid of all this bulls**t that is plaguing SO MANY men, young men and boys. So in conclusion, I recommend this:

1. Stretch 2. Lift 3. Sprint

Do this all the time – no bulking, no cutting, no bulls**t. Just training for being a motherf**ker. Don’t be that guy that takes shirtless photos of himself so other men can drool on them. That s**t is a disgrace to every man that has done anything awesome in his life – while they were busy “doing” these shirtless ‘tards were busy trying to look the part. Get off the bench and get on the field.

http://www.jimwendler.com/2011/09/time-to-man-up/

Great inspirational read!
» Come at me bro. (Go to post)21-01-2013 @ 12:33 
ItsaSecret said:
ty man, i was very dissapointed though lol that 8th rep f**ked up big time.

Just stick at it. I had a bad bench session last week, never got the reps on my heavy set that i was looking for, so will f**king push harder tonight lol
» Rob's Powerlifting Journal (Go to post)21-01-2013 @ 12:07 
First time on your journal, some very strong lifitng going on here, well done mate. Keep it up!
» Come at me bro. (Go to post)21-01-2013 @ 12:04 
ItsaSecret said:20/01
did s**te today
flat dbs
17.5s x12
27.5s x8
37.5s x6
47.5s x5
55s x8. banged out first 7 easy as you like then the 8th, they fell outwards so it took all my power to actually grind out the rep, so i then failed the 9th, life goes on

incline smith (1 min rests)
barx10
40x10
60x10
80x10
100x5

fly machine
60x10
70x9

incline machine
1plate/side x10
1.5plate/side x10
2plate/side x10

tricep pushdown
60x16

all my joints are hurting now.. they are so dry atm lol, on the plus side i did look cool afterwords and had 18 inch arms.

Some solid benching with the dumbells, good volume with the inclines too with little rest
» Any powerlifters in South Yorkshire area.... (Go to post)21-01-2013 @ 12:01 
Some big numbers for length time been training. Pretty strong lifting!
» Think this guy hits nail on the head re: Lance Armstrong.. (Go to post)20-01-2013 @ 17:09 
lot of hostility going on today
» Think this guy hits nail on the head re: Lance Armstrong.. (Go to post)20-01-2013 @ 15:47 
93hopkinsonr said:
and dbol, never forget dbol

dat dere Cell tech
» Think this guy hits nail on the head re: Lance Armstrong.. (Go to post)20-01-2013 @ 15:38 
ItsaSecret said:
I suppose so man. i dont get the whole genetics phenomenon though, im long limbed as f**k and not exactly huge with a tiny chest but i still have a good bench lol, (probably close to 180 right now)
i think thats purely down to wanting it lol

Your a determined guy then. If I was a coach, give me the guy that will give everything over the lazy talented guy who just doesn't want it enough. Genetics are only useful if you have the right mentality to push beyond your limits.
» Think this guy hits nail on the head re: Lance Armstrong.. (Go to post)20-01-2013 @ 15:31 
ItsaSecret said:
yea u can lol i have plenty of teenage spastic mates who use gear and don't eat, and they look awful and are weak as piss.

It makes a difference but the person still has to work hard and be genetically gifted. Gear alone will not make someone bench over 200 or deadlift over 300
» Behdad Salimi squating 350kg and 85kg lifter Sohrab Moradi Squating 310kg (Go to post)20-01-2013 @ 15:27 
Some impressive beasts out there. You see these videos and you think of all peoples excuses like, I'm too small or am all natural. Time to man up and train hard,no excuse. And yes Im usually one of those making excuses Grin
» Cheap 'all in one' (Go to post)19-01-2013 @ 17:47 
milsy said:
I used to get it for free and even then I didn't like it mainly because its cheap
you can find the matrix product and packaging with a diffrent label if you know what I mean

you get what you pay for. I don't use much whey now. I prob should use more. I try to just eat meat or eggs every meal
» Cheap 'all in one' (Go to post)19-01-2013 @ 17:42 
Anybody try matrix protein? It doesn't mix to well, but tastes okok and cheap

12345678910 ... 326327328 ... 338339340341342343344345346347348

You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions