REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 94 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts

View All Posts: AdamT

12345678910 ... 316317318 ... 321322323324325326327328329330331

» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 10:10 
terryhollands said:
Same here, I knew to be right in the mix with winning I had to perform on my better events, the yoke didn't go to plan. I'm not making excuses as it happens sometimes but I had been throwing up all night from food poisoning the night before the final started. I felt very drained.
I felt I prepped well and if things had gone slightly differently I would have had a good chance. I know I was capable of winning just wasn't to be.

Terry you still performed awesome. That final was crazy and i do believe all of you guys were in better shape this year, than previous winners from a few years back. The sport has evolved alot recently imo. Injury free who knows were you would of finished.
» Feats of strength (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 10:01 
brownbear said:Which performances at this years wsm really impressed you? For me:

Ed hall Viking press- unbelievable strict strength!

Z log- ridiculous power

Z deadlift - last rep hardly differed from 1st!

Terry coach pull- so fast and didn't look tired after!

Thor loading- so fast

Lalas squat- I know it wasn't deep but he had plenty left

Agree with all of the above, also was really impressed with Fennellys deadlift. I know he is a great deadlifter, but was still suprised he hit that many reps.
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 09:50 
Great WSM. So competitve. I wish i never knew the results before I watched it. Oh well, was still fantastic lol
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)01-01-2013 @ 16:27 
Terry was very professional on his performance. Very fast and fit for a huge guy. Was impressed with fennellys deadlift,
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 01:26 
terryhollands said:
Exactly. Only comp I can tell you the results for from before I started is wsm. Other comps I don't have a clue

Whoever wins is the world champion. Everyone brings their A game and its the one that really matters. Definitely lot more exciting and competitive than the rest
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 01:20 
terryhollands said:
All that matters is what you do at wsm. That is all you will be judged on. All the other comps don't mean too much especially not to people that are not massively involved in the sport

It's were the casual followers remember all. lots of guys I run around with say mariusz is best because he's 5 Times winner, no matter how strong savickas is, that's what they judge.
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 01:09 
terryhollands said:
I have done 7 finals now out of 8 attempts now but would trade any amount of finals or podiums for 1 win. I worry I can't be proud of what I've done without winning.

Great way of thinking. you need that winning mentality to achieve anything. Well congrats on your previous comps and really hope you get that first place. You and loz could beat anyone on your best days,for sure
» James Ward: 2012 Video Review (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 01:04 
pound for pound beast. A great watch
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 01:00 
terryhollands said:
Every session I'm testing it. I have to build my confidence up and learn to lift things slightly differently

I hope you can stay injury free and give it another good shot. I do think your not to far from winning it. Definitely one of the most consistent athletes over past 5 or 6 years. With a bit more luck I believe you could win it
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 00:48 
Thing said:
Standard is sky high now

100% agree lad. It's getting better to watch each year. All fantastic athletes now
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 00:44 
terryhollands said:
I was torn, misha and johannes are both great guys and wanted them both in the final along with Brian. When I saw the groups I thought that one was crazy. Even Martin is very good and well suited to wsm type events

no easy groups at all,just shows were the standard is at when misha and poundstone can't make final.they were both touted as potential winners in the past.
» WSM starts tonight! (Go to post)30-12-2012 @ 00:33 
terryhollands said:I love misha to bits but I hate this he doesn't train events stuff. That used to be true, he lived with kazelniks for 3 months before wsm so he could train events. Not being s**tty but johannes was just better than him in the heats

Johannes might not have many stand out strong areas but he is very consistent and good all round. strongman is definitely more competitive now than ever and the standard is ridiculous.
» Show us your squat video. (Go to post)26-12-2012 @ 18:58 
Rodger said:whats the requiremet? over 250kg for reps? ive got a 200x3 on vid but who'd be impressed by that lol

me lol
» Sugden Awards 2012 (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 12:53 
Best lift is hard to judge. So many great lifters on this site. Obviously Hixx has had the dream year and the 200kg Log has to probably be top. Tom Martins deadlift in other hand is the greatest strength to weight ratio, no doubt. Big Jay has also broke a drug free raw british bench record and judging by his journal theres a lot more in the tank. I could name people all day, but im just glad i get to see all your great lifts on video and hope some day i could get close to some of you guys Happy
» Xmas holiday training (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 12:48 
Doing 5/3/1. will do a deload next week

12345678910 ... 316317318 ... 321322323324325326327328329330331

You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto