REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 25 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts

View All Posts: AdamT

12345678910 ... ... 308309310311312313314315316317318

» James Ward - 162.5kg log / 270kg squat @ 90kg (Go to post)25-10-2012 @ 08:58 
Now thats a f**king serious press, great squat as well, awesome stuff,well done lad.
» 260 & 270kg squat, raw. 92kg (Go to post)25-10-2012 @ 08:55 
3 Times bodyweight raw, f**king awesome stuff
» 260 & 270kg squat, raw. 92kg (Go to post)25-10-2012 @ 08:55 
3 Times bodyweight raw, f**king awesome stuff
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 15:42 
1369phil said:
My understanding was that the weigh in rules were changed because of the stupid things boxers were doing to loose weight and the scary health issues that followed a massive water weight loss / then massive physical exertion/exhaustion then being hit in the head about a hundred times - the brain isn't a massive fan of this combo and I think the weight loss contributed to some brain injuries (or certainly didn't help)

This is correct. Some boxers were killing themselves to make the weight and they were not getting the time to fully hydrate, therefore more risk of brain injury and exhaustian.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 15:24 
bean said:
How much do you think this changes the fight? Say the average fighter puts on about 10 lbs back, sometimes 15 (in my experience).

It depends. It would help the more physical fighter that was better at cutting weight. Apparently mayweather walked around at roughly 152 pounds when he was fighting at welterweight. Thats just 5 pounds over the weight. I think hatton used to enter the ring even heavier for Jr welterweight, which is a 140 pounds weigh in.
» Great King Spotto vid (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 15:14 
730 pounds would be awesome. f**k me how often to you see a clean 700 deadlift in gyms never mind bench.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 15:04 
Luke82 said:
This is the real shame of it. Since it's likely never going to go away it'd be more sensible to hold tested and untested competitions and allow people to draw their own conclusions.
I think a massive change in attitude is the only that will stop this sort of thing. Either the spectators, sponsors etc. accepting that adult athletes should be allowed to pursue these avenues to improve their performance, or competitors and coaches themselves to self police and ditch the 'everyone does it' mentality.
Which one is more realistic or preferable is a matter of opinion I guess!

Sensible approach. Lifetime bans should be introduced. If somebody thinks they can cheat then get a chance to come back, they will be more inclined to try and get away with it.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 14:55 
Wigan said:
We've been at that stage for decades in my opinion.
Who cares?

Thats true, but more common now.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 14:35 
Its getting to the stage now if an athelete does something remarkable or breaks some kind of record people will cry drugs even if they are clean
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 14:10 

Floyd Mayweather refuses to step into the ring unless his opponents go through with strict olympic testing
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 13:53 
walker said:
You could quite easily prove the lead in the gloves was a contributing factor to a death in boxing and a prosecution would be highly likely in this case.
I can't see any chance of it for PEDs use though, far too many variables etc.

I agree with this, when someone is caught with lead then they are entering the ring with the purpose of doing unecessary damage and are clearly not bothered with the damge they could inflict.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 13:40 
Tom_Martin said:I suppose if this is indeed true I can happily change my position on this then.

Clearly if boxing is a sport that protects you from the legal implications of what you are doing to your opponent then, by cheating, you are no longer actually "boxing" and deserve to get f**ked......right?

Boxing is my favourite sport, lots of boxers have been getting caught recently for cheating. Floyd Mayweather is right call for sterner testing, as your life is on the line when you fight.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 13:27 
Tom_Martin said:
Would you really get away with killing someone just because you followed the rules of your sport?

If it was accidental and no cheating involved, I think so. Fighters have died before after fights. doesnt happen as much now, as refs usually would stop anyone taking to heavy a beating
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 13:21 
Cuddles said:
Not about the sport, but, if he was a boxer and killed someone in the street because of his superior punching power, then the CPS would probably pursue assault with a dangerous weapon (ie murder).

I think this happend to a boxer in America. He killed a guy outside a bar, the judge said his hands are lethal weapons so was very harsh with sentencing.
» Is it necessary to cheat to get to the top in life? (Go to post)24-10-2012 @ 13:18 
davycummings said:
So its ok to be good if you have been dealt a hand of good genetics, otherwise, f**k off, you are not allowed to hit hard? Grin
What about manipulating bodyweight to come in way over the weight the fight is stated as, which should allow some harder hitting?

I think on the day weigh ins should be brought back. Lots of fighters have gained a stone or more following the weigh in.

12345678910 ... ... 308309310311312313314315316317318

You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto