REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 31 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts

View All Posts: AdamT

12345678910 ... 308 ... 309310311312313314315316317318319

» How young is too young ? (Go to post)15-11-2012 @ 13:41 
DomRedshaw said:
i think we should guide and advise our kids to whats best for them, to the best of our knowledge. agree they shouldnt be forced to do something bcos we get enjoyment out of it regardless of their fun. i have to disagree with the last sentance on a whole, if it applies to activites etc then i agree but i feel too many parents let their kids do what they want to too often, especially when it comes to diets.
some parents seem to give the kid what they want for an easier (tantrum free) life. like sweets, chocolate, coca cola and macdonalds etc none of these things are that bad in moderation but a lot of kids live of fizzy drinks n high sugar snacks which cant be good for them long term. not only that but i think SOME kids need a kick up the ass to exercise bcos with all the consoles, ipad n other gadgets a lot of kids wud rather sit in n play on these things than play a ball game. i have 3 nephews aged 3-12 n all they seem to care about is consoles, they seem to lack imagination and so cant play with figurines like i used too (except the 3 yr old, if hes alone he will) iv kinda forgot my point now so il stop rambling lol

Sorry with the wording on the last sentance. What i meant was they should participate in whatever activities it is that they enjoy
» How young is too young ? (Go to post)15-11-2012 @ 13:24 
DomRedshaw said:i agree and disagree about pushy parents or kids shouldnt be forced to do what they dont want to.

sometimes pushing kids is the only way. if we was all left to decide if we wanted to go to school or stay home n watch cartoons n play with toys most of us would choose the cartoons and toys. we then wouldnt be able to read or write or type etc and would miss out on all the fun debates on sugden. my point is kids dont always know or cant always see what is best for them and dont think about the future.

theres no right way around it, either way is wrong. kids dont know whats best for them and parents dont know exactly whats best for their kids.

how many adults want to get into oly lifitng but are too old to be world class? they probably wish their parents had pushed them into it younger.

however if the parents had done, the kid would see it as pushy and missing his/her childhood fun.

LOSE LOSE. the only way to be right is to know what your child will still want as an adult really and lets face it as kids we change our life ambitions every birthday and even as adults we can be pretty undecisive.

Some good points. I think its good to push your kids to try something new and if they show any potential to maybe encourage them to stick what they do. however i dont think it is fair to live your life through your kids. Obviously give them the push in the right direction and always be there to advice them whenever they need it. Ultimately though its their lives and they should do whatever makes them happy
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)15-11-2012 @ 13:16 
kirkynick said:Gym - tough call between front squats and deadlifts

Other - skipping lol

2 great exercises for overall strength
» How young is too young ? (Go to post)15-11-2012 @ 12:58 
kirkynick said:I've been thinking quite a bit about this lately, but with regard to activities in general and not weightlifting.

As I see it, a kid shouldn't be pushed into doing something they don't want to do. However, they should be given the opportunity at a young age to try different things. If they enjoy doing some of them then great, if they don't enjoy them then it's also great.

I wouldn't really want any son or daughter of mine to train with weights until the age of around 14. But I wouldn't be against them doing press ups, chin ups, sit ups etc before that age.

The only physical activities that I would push a child of mine to do would be swimming and learning to ride a bike (plus here, ice skating and skiing).

Nothing worse then seeing parents living through their kids.

fully agree with this. I would encourage my kids but never pressure them. I know a fat f**k that lives near me that used to go mad when his footballer kid went to the chippy at 14. Hypocritical c..t!
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)15-11-2012 @ 12:47 
powerhead said:Bosu ball half squats!

Nah just kidding deadlifts ofcourse!

Im pretty poor at deadlifts but i enjoy training them for some reason.
» How young is too young ? (Go to post)15-11-2012 @ 12:45 
12 would be a good age. Gives them a good chance to lift while their testosterone levels will be at their highest. 5 or 6 years of good training and a pretty decent diet they could be pretty advanced by time their 18. I wish i had of started lifting at a younger age.
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 13:46 
JackRevans said:
Do younz wannit for a tenna?

naw mate, maybe a fiver we can sort something out Wink
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 13:29 
DomRedshaw said:
some marigolds would help

Do you think them marigold gloves would help with working the guns??
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 13:26 
DomRedshaw said:
some marigolds would help

yeah, i never liked doing the hoovering either, the wife has a better hand at it than me.
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 13:22 
JackRevans said:Like liftin an that or nickin tape playas and that

Sounds cool, the nicking part sound really fun lad!
» English Qualifier for the Giants Live british Championships (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 12:43 
GYMWARRIOR123 said:
Cheers Adam I certainly wouldn't be there too make up numbers Wink.

I know you wouldnt. You have some good numbers, hope you get the invite. It could be a great comp.
» English Qualifier for the Giants Live british Championships (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 12:41 
GYMWARRIOR123 said:Thanks Sean,JC and my training partner Jay I would do my upmost best too be the biggest fittest and strongest I could and prove I can be up there with the best but who knows Happy

Judging by a few of your videos i watched, I think you would do a great job lad.
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 12:38 
Going to try more strongman training. I like the log. Im quite good at pressing the weight, its the cleaning i would need to work on more
» English Qualifier for the Giants Live british Championships (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 12:36 
strongman is shaping up very nicely in britain these last few years. Some great guys up and coming and two of the very best in loz and Terry. I see a bright future for a few of the newer guys! Lots of potential!
» Favourite exercise (Go to post)14-11-2012 @ 12:31 
General_ill said:Truck pull.

Never tried truck pull. Maybe with my strength level a van pull would be more likely lol

12345678910 ... 308 ... 309310311312313314315316317318319

You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto