REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 4 members and 92 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts

View All Posts: AdamT

12345678910 ... ... 321322323324325326327328329330331

» coronavirus (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 10:17 
slimsim said:
I'm not sure suspect quality vaccines get released and they also go through rigorous testing to confirm they work. The whole anti-vax brigade may want you to believe otherwise, and yes, there are risks as there are with anything but I'm not sure there's a massive risk in having a vaccine compared with say choking on a fish bone, tripping and banging your head and dying, being in a fatal car crash etc.

I am just doubtful a vaccine will be be anything more than a placebo

I'm certainly not a guy that usually believes in conspiracy theories, but if they magically find a vaccine? Then I will be quite sceptical to say the least.

I take it all you guys 100% believe this to be a completely natural virus, that had no chance of being manipulated in a lab?
» coronavirus (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 10:08 
billynomates said:
How do you know?

There has never been any successful vaccine made for any coronavirus

Even a flu jab is at best some years 40% successful

OK I will replace never with not having one for years

The government says there will be 30 million doses ready by September if the Oxford trail is successful lol

Well the monkeys that were vaccinated all got infected coronavirus. It's true that they didn't get to the pneumonia stage. However, all being infected does not look very good for an early, successful vaccine.

Human results will tell us more next month

I know an American one has shown better results. But that is just for 8 individuals.

If there is a vaccine? It will come from the states or China. It won't be in the UK.
» coronavirus (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 09:47 
luki said:Deaths passed 300,000 yesterday of nearly 4.5million confirmed case.

Would you take a vaccination developed in months without any long term study? I’m noticing a lot of articles like this circulating recently questioning people doubting big pharma. I’m old enough to remember thalidomide and the effects it had on a generation of kids whose parents were told an unstudied drug was safe. https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/09/01/believing-widely-doubted-conspiracy-theories-makes-some-people-feel-special/?fbclid=IwAR2-MsW9fI-QCemPFSmveNaCy0UU1iPk4W6oBNk3oECkPvNavEWKCJbIKow

They won't have a vaccine

At least not a quality one that actually works properly
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:24 
BigMacca said:
The Viking Press incident was the least controversial thing at WSM 2017 - All it boils down to is an athlete not agreeing with an officials decision (big wow).
Bryce's judging was all over the place, but Ed was going to win that event all day, every day.
What they don't want to show however, is how it was just another perceived issue on top of a few others:
  • Eddie getting info about the events months before the other athletes (allegedly)
  • Events being changed last minute to better suit Eddie (allegedly) - e.g. Drag taken out for tyre flip, stone platforms lowered, being allowed to rest/put the equipment down on the Viking press
  • Favourable judging for Eddie (e.g. super quick down calls on the deadlift)

The above actually lead to Thor and Shaw (well, minus the viking press for Shaw) threatening to pull out mid competition.
But all of that is commonplace in strongman, especially Giants Live/WSM events - It's just part of the game and they all know about it (how many associations got thrown at Terry Todd over the years for tailoring the events to suit Big Z?)
Thor acted like a little girl about WSM 2017, no two ways about it.
Whatever happened with event selection/changes, Ed still had to turn up and do the business and he did just that!
The current media onslaught by Giants live is to make Ed look like less of a sore loser about the 501kg deadlift - Now that Thor looks like he's done with strongman (and clearly doesn't like Bryce), they have no reason not to go after him as they are Team Eddie all the way.
Strongman is moving more away from being a sport than it ever was with all this bulls**t.
It was bad enough when it was being treated as just a TV show, but it's now turning into reality TV Unhappy

His 472 deadlift should never have counted
» Luke's big log (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 13:41 
So Thor is really the first man to lift 500kg?
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 14:59 
Post Edited: 17.05.2020 @ 15:00 PM by AdamT
Gibberish
» Luke's big log (Go to post)17-05-2020 @ 12:05 
BigMacca said:
Just like Ed

Eds 472 deadlift was my favourite

The ref must have faster hands than Floyd mayweather
» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 21:42 
Post Edited: 16.05.2020 @ 21:43 PM by AdamT
unit94 said:Me! Will be a close one, will be more impressive than 501 deadlift if he makes it in my opinion, absolutely mental to surpass Z at a press, no one really has in the last 15 years.

I don't agree

If you mean because z has held it for so long and the prestige of surpassing the man? then fair enough

I imagine plenty are closer to a 230 log, than 500 plus deadlift

Ed done the impossible and Thor took it another step further

Log will need to hit about 240 to reach 500 imo
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)14-05-2020 @ 22:22 
Martin1956 said:I didn't set out to stir or upset anyone. it's just that I believe you can't compare a strapless lift in a powerlifting competition that is strictly judged for continuous movement with a strongman deadlift. Most of the big deadlift attempts I see failing at international events are down to the grip giving out rather than lack of strength. Personally, I think Andy Bolton's 457.5 is the best deadlift in history. The 455 was the first ever 1000 pound deadlift, so there's a case for that one, but the 457.5 was technically better. Best deadlift I've ever seem in the flesh? Possibly Eric Gunhamn's 370.5 in 2015, breaking the open world record as a junior. Other contenders are Julian Johannsson's 400 in 2018 and felix's 400 in Colne.

I agree with you

I put Tom Martins 410 in that comp where he went deadlift only at 110kg bw as one of my favourite lifts in recent years

It was done with just a belt too

Certainly better than someone 30-50kg heavier hitching another 40kg in straps
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)14-05-2020 @ 19:51 
Samthepigman said:Personally, until someone deadlifts 500kg, raw, it hasn't been done. And Eddie is claiming to be the first human to deadlift 500kg, he is wrong. Imo.

500kg deadlift belt only

Someone will do it someday
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)12-05-2020 @ 21:32 
LessThanLuke said:
What I'm taking from this is that I'm better than Pudz in every way.

Haha

You will be fighting him on the Eddie undercard
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)12-05-2020 @ 17:29 
LessThanLuke said:https://www.instagram.com/p/B6q3iFogDLd/?igshid=1p8aumysq7sfg

Here's my 410

I seen that lift before

Awesome lift

Pudzianowski had never managed more than 400 in comp
» 400kg deadlift (Go to post)12-05-2020 @ 13:20 
Nimble said:I wonder how many natty 400 pullers there are. Can’t be many. Still an impressive number enhanced or not IMO, especially conventional & in a powerlifting context.

According to many gear would be lucky to add 10%

So not impossible
» WSM 2020 (Go to post)11-05-2020 @ 13:31 
Samthepigman said:Yeh. I think he's really really going for the 5th and I would like to see him get it. He comes across as the most down to earth genuine guy aswell. A father figure in strongman I'd say.

Brian Killa Licis Bish Luke Tom

Then once Brian has the 5th title

Killa Licis Bish

I would love Brian to win too

However, It is Mateuz time
» coronavirus (Go to post)09-05-2020 @ 11:30 
f**king plandemic with a natural virus manipulated in a lab

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but this is f**king odd

12345678910 ... ... 321322323324325326327328329330331

You are here: HomeForumAdamT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto