REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 194 guests
You are here: HomeForumdave_rogerson → View All Posts

View All Posts: dave_rogerson

12345678910 ... ... 3031323334353637383940

» how many calories do you consume a day? (Go to post)14-09-2013 @ 14:49 
I remember when I was a teenager force-feeding myself. I'd have to chew whatever meal it was up and drink it down with any fluid I could find. I just couldn't face swallowing the food so I would force it down with a drink.

That was the bad times, when my meals were crazy clean. The good times where when I would go to pizza hut's all you can eat buffet or the local Chinese and do my damnedest to get kicked out.

Anyway, just go for a swim now and then, that's guaranteed to make you want to eat.
» Guitars (Go to post)14-09-2013 @ 12:29 
Tom_Martin said:I have aquired a frightening amount of this s**t....

Guitars (I still have)

Ernie Ball Music Man JPX
ESP Horizon FRII
Ibanez Jem
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG1620x
Schecter C-1+
Schecter Hellraiser 5 string bass
s**tty Yamaha Acoustic

Amps

Mesa Mark IV - head
Mesa Mark IV 1x12 combo
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa Triaxis/2:50
Peavey 5150

Mesa Traditional 4x12
Marshall 1960A

+ various pedals/rack mounted fx s**t...

It used to be MY LIFE, now I rarely play Unhappy

Type of Jem?

As a teenager t'was my dream axe. Steve Vai FTW.
» Cheapest sources of protein from Tesco (Go to post)14-09-2013 @ 12:27 
Turkey is usually a bit cheaper than chicken, other than at xmas time. No need to worry about incomplete proteins if you are eating a mixed diet and have some foods per day that are high quality. For example, milk/dairy.

Dietary cholesterol is a little tricky because research findings are a little uncertain at the moment. There is some uncertainty whether dietary cholesterol is correlated with coronary heart disease (quite a bit of evidence says it does not) but that in some people it seems to affect LDL negatively by increasing it (about 1/4 of the population), but this will also increases HDL cholesterol too (so the ratio stays about equal, but at a higher level).

FYI, quite a few EU countries and Oz, NZ and a few others have no upper intake recommendation for cholesterol. So take that for what it is worth.

What we are pretty certain of though, is to keep trans fat intake < 1% of your Kcals.
» Guitars (Go to post)14-09-2013 @ 12:02 
I haven't touched my guitars in about 16 years I think but I have:

1. A Parker Fly classic
2. An Ibanez RG550
3. An accoustic (no idea what it is)

They are all sitting under various beds gathering dust.

Why did I stop playing again?
» how many calories do you consume a day? (Go to post)14-09-2013 @ 11:59 
About 2600, approx. Around this value works out to be maintenance for me. I could easily treble that with room to spare, but I am a fat man that is desperately trying to escape his scrawny body.

Its very, very easy to underestimate your intake by the way. Kcalories add up very quickly, particularly if you eat frequently and/or snack a bit.

On the flip-side though, there often comes a point that if you are trying to maintain an abnormal body-size or get bigger, that you have to forcefeed and the easiest way to do it is with very high kcal foods.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)14-09-2013 @ 08:24 
That was a tight bench mate. You have to be encouraged by that. It flew up. Mate you're gonna do awesome.
» 2013 - New Year New Thread Same Old Same (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 20:32 
Definitely get it checked out. I've had varying different diagnoses over the years, from all sorts of practitioners and therapists. I was getting pretty despondent because I had lost a ton of strength and it felt like I was about done with training my lower body. I saw a therapist on the recommendation of a biomechanist I know and he basically pointed out the hip and foot issue, which is also affected by a limb-length difference. If you have any AiM practitioners (Anatomy in Motion), have a chat and see what they think. A very different way of viewing mechanics and human movement from conventional wisdom.

Anyway mate, long story short. As soon as I started to address it I started to see improvements really quick. I've been having problems since the dawn of time so I'm sure you can get yourself sorted.
» 2013 - New Year New Thread Same Old Same (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 16:44 
Hows' the hip? Is it getting better? I've been lurking for a little bit here and getting bench envy.

I've been dealing with hip and back issues for a while now but recently started to see real progress by going back to basics and performing hip flexion and external rotation exercises, along with simple static stretches. This is after trying everything you can think of. I noticed that my bad hip is internally rotated with a valgus compensation at the foot/ankle (with collapsed arches). With being like it is, whenever I got into deep flexion, because it was so internally rotated, it would get impinged,become really painful and really inflamed. So, I've been working on daft exercises where I flex the hip and externally rotate in various positions multiple times per day. I've also been working on lateral and rotary trunk stability.

The net result is that my pain is now really diminished and my mobility had improved a ton.
» Ermm here goes (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 16:37 
Next time I train at Hallam I will get a vid of you doing something daft. Just let me know when you plan to do something ridic and I will Ubersense it.
» Bruised and Broken (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 14:36 
youngy said:
It makes alot of sense! Its an approach I will be trying more after my next comp.

Yeah try it mate,I will defo be reading your log. The thing I like about it is that it allows for good/bad days.
» Bruised and Broken (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 14:17 
Maybe letting my hips shoot up a little too much here. I need to keep my hips down and back a little bit more I think during my pull, to keep the chest higher. Obviously leg strength is lacking and I think I tried every delay tactic I could think of in between my reps here (just trying not to rush it Wink) but its a rep PB so I am happy. For now.

» Andrei Chemerkin 230kg Clean and Jerk Warm Up - Strong mobility... (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 13:40 
There are some scary, scary people in this world. Videos like this are a nice reminder.
» Bruised and Broken (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 13:28 
Hey Youngy,

Yes mate. Basically, I do a ton of work. The plan is to do about 5 - 6 work sets on my main exercises and with this, I have minimum weights to hit each day. Generally its about 80kg on my snatch exercises and something like 110 on cleans. The days that I feel a bit s**t, I just do the minimum weight and get some sets and reps in and focus on a process goal/technical thing, rather than a weight. So, if I am snatching, it is usually making sure that the bar comes back off the floor and that I get to the bottom.

Generally what I find is that things may not feel great for a set or two but then I switch on and the weights become easy. If this happens,I move up. If not, then I get my minimum work in. A good day I would keep moving up in weight and hit a PB of some description, and then maybe do a back off set or two if I have them left. If I am feeling really good, I may try to repeat the PB or try for another. I am mainly working off 3's and 2s at the minute and trying to get a nice, big base.

Because I am not technically great yet, this was I get my reps in, which I feel like I really need. So, I have 2 goals: 1) Lift progressively more weight (obv) and 2) Get better technically.

At some point, I will need to back off the volume and deload but that would just be a case of getting volume in at the minimum.

Seems to be working at the minute.
» Bruised and Broken (Go to post)13-09-2013 @ 13:06 
Well today was supposed to be the day that I had my operation however it has been moved to the 4th Oct now. So, today was a day off work and the following:

Snatch + 2 hang Snatch:
40,50,60,70 x 3
80: 3 x 3
85: 3 x 3

Cleans:
60,80,100 x 3
110 x 3
112.5 x 3
115 x 3
117.5 x 3 (pb)
110 x2 x 3

Jerk from Rack:
60, 80, 90
100: 2 x 3
105: 2 x 3
110: 2 x 3

Squats:
60, 100 x 3
120 x 3
130 x 3
135 x 3
140 x 3
145 x 3
135 x 2 x 3

Single leg press:
4 sets(2 x volume on bad leg).
» Youngy's Training Journal (Go to post)12-09-2013 @ 20:10 
The reason they are non-existant is because Dave Sawyer who owns Atlas in Derbyshire bought all of the stock (no joke!). They are all still in their boxes in the back room.

Happy

12345678910 ... ... 3031323334353637383940

You are here: HomeForumdave_rogerson → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions