REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 208 guests
You are here: HomeForumstaplegun16 → View All Posts

View All Posts: staplegun16

» Ricks taking me to the gay village (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 15:35 
Fatpete said:I'm taking a pen for autograph purposes. Just in case

Most will settle for a photo and a kiss.
» Ricks taking me to the gay village (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 12:33 
When i lived in halls one of the lads was gay, we did venture down to canal street on a night out with him... its not good. IF, and thats a big IF you try to go into any of the clubs you will probably be told its "members only" i.e they have detected on their gaydar that you are not a member.

On a funnier note, expect to see 6ft 18 stone blokes with a 6 o'clock shadow dressed up as queens.. made me laugh first time i saw it.

There are a few good bars, but if your looking for a club, dont go canal street.

P.S. im not a homophobe, this is just some advice based on the person who is asking the question is Wink
» Nose tOrk and smelling salts (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 13:48 
as anyone who trains at addlington will tell you i am addicted to salts or nose torque, do they make you any stronger... no. but it helps clear your head, and they are all part of a pre-lift ritual. much like tony's 25 nose wipes..
» Moz's new Direction :) (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 13:12 
IainKendrick said:Well done on the 500 pounder! Is that a meet pb?

stop putting the man down ! he actually did 501, so he is now a 500+ lb bencher. thanks for the praise moz, i have the same to say for your bench, i.e. i knew you were good. but a 501, especially after that unfortunate first attempt.

Its easy to loose your head when something like that happens, you didnt even seem bothered ! "ahhh nahh, i dont want another attempt, ill just go up"
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 13:04 
Fatpete said:
I agree. If I were him I would go to the British, break the world DL record, wave bye-bye and walk off into the sunset.

I also agree with you peter, the British is a must, he doesnt need to win, he could repeat the squat and bench he did with ease, this is what he needs to beat:

Deadlift world record as show on the IPF website.

125+kg Tibor Mészáros 1967 HUN 148.80 408.0 16.05.2004 Nymburk CZE
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 12:52 
Mark is a fantastic deadlifter, but as already mentioned he would be out totalled at the british at SHW at the moment, although he has bags of potential, does he really want to extend alot of effort increasing his powerlifting total when he is primarily a strongman, who gets paid to appear at many strongman events, instead of being out of pocket to compete in powerlifting, which is currently the case for GBPF senior internationals.

So its not a question of will he be selected, but more a question of does he want to be selected ?

Personally i would like to see come over to powerlifting, to help the sport grow. But i cant see it happening, at least not on a full time basis.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 12:37 
Rick said:
This made me spit out my drink laughing. I have been crying with laughter for some minutes now. It's better than that shirt Jake was wearing.

what shirt might that be rickster ?
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)06-12-2009 @ 23:17 
b15ape1 said:
I think jake was 100kg moz

I was 96.9 kg, thats practically 90. Thanks moz, and thanks andy, you were a big help today with warm ups and straps and all the usual bits.

Thanks to NW (i.e Bryn and jim) nice friendly atmosphere and a nice turn out of spectators who were all very vocal in there support, it may be a small venue, but it was packed out.
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)06-12-2009 @ 21:39 
video from another angle.

» Who do people say you look like? (Go to post)03-12-2009 @ 10:49 
I have been told i look like this guy...

http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/jason-statham.j...

which i dont... but ill take it any day of the week over this.

http://bluebirdsaresonatural.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/right...

it seems if you have a shaved head... you look the same as everyone else with a shaved head to some people. no facial resemblance is required.
» Bigger - Faster -Stronger 'Documentry' (Go to post)01-12-2009 @ 15:21 
just watched this today for the first time, was a pretty interesting documentary. it seems that doping in sport in america is alot more prevalent than the UK. one thing that surprised me also was the whole "pill for every occasion" section, with school kids taking drugs to help them study,musicians taking beta blockers and pilots even taking uppers... scary thought.
» City full of crazies. (Go to post)30-11-2009 @ 11:49 
MarkClegg said:No your wrong ... I'm the one nut job ...

lol, yeah, perhaps. would many people want to sit next to a 100kg weightlifter on the train even if he wasnt mashing a bottle of beer with a 50 pence piece ? i wouldnt take it personally.

They were probably scared that you might use there jaw as a make shift bottle opener.
» City full of crazies. (Go to post)30-11-2009 @ 10:55 
I used to work in manchester city centre for a well known retailer, and i used to finish work about 8.30pm, then have to catch the bus, as you will all know bus stations and buses are a hotspot for strange people, drunks and chavs. and i saw my fair share, but when your living in a city with a high population you gotta be prepared to take the rough with the smooth.

the chances are in an average day walking through manchester you could easily walk past 10's 000 people going down market street and going around the arndale, and these people are normal like you, but then one nut job decides to talk to you so who do you remember? all the normals, or the 1 nut job? statistically its not that bad to think of it like that is it !

Now stop being such anti-social gits ! as after all you are "the general public"
» Help For Heroes Powerlifting Comp 13 Dec 09 (Go to post)30-11-2009 @ 10:33 
will matt be lifting? last i heard he had undergone surgery on a shoulder or elbow injury cant quite remember. So he may not be fit to lift at the moment.
» The Assassin (Go to post)29-11-2009 @ 11:09 
Yeah, it did look like the shirt was locking up. But on the plus side the 190's looked snappy finishing, and pressing from nowhere can be alot harder than getting it to the chest and having the pop from the shirt, so i think there is going to be a new PB there once you go back to your old shirt and start getting the bar down.

You are here: HomeForumstaplegun16 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions