REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 111 guests
You are here: HomeForumthrower → View All Posts

View All Posts: thrower

» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)09-11-2008 @ 22:07 
Entry up to 55.We will be starting the morning session earlier as numbers are greater than anticipated.I will let those affected know directly in the next week.LAST CALL!! for any one else that wishes to lift.Get your entry in now and contact me tomorrow to tell me it is in the post and i will reserve a place for you.I would hate to turn anyone away but after that i will not be able to guarantee acceptance of any late entries.
TEL. 01202770894 dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com

Regards
Paul
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)07-11-2008 @ 16:15 
Over 40 lifters already entered for the B.U.C.S powerlifting .12 have entered an open weightlifting trial to be held during the evening before.We will have to close the entry soon as the numbers already committed are high.Please get your entry in now .As well as experienced lifters many newcomers have entered.We look forward to meeting as many people as possible to Bournemouth University over the weekend 29/30 November when we host this festival of powerlifting and weightlifting.
The Police hold there championships on Saturday and the University and Colleges Championships is on Sunday
Regards
Paul
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)04-11-2008 @ 13:39 
Still hoping to get a combined total of 40 lifters for the Universities and Colleges p/l and the South West Junior Champs.H.E. lifters are the dominant group with quite a spread across the weight classes and also with 4 ladies already entered.WE WOULD ALSO WELCOME MORE F.E.LIFTERS who receive seperate awards to the H.E. GROUPS.
Sounds like JOHN PORTER is leading the SOUTH MIDLANDS team against the SOUTH WEST.

We look forward to receiving even more entries as we approach this weekend.I will be ordering the commemorative tee shirts and trophies early next week and formal entries are needed to ensure no one misses out .
Four ipf referees have agreed to officiate along with bwla refs.Registration for dope testing has already been applied for.Press and media articles are being prepared via the University media office.This event is for IPF lifters(everyone) and BWLA UNEQUIPPED LIFTERS who also qualify for seperate awards as well.
Qualifying performances set at this competition will count for all appropiate GBPLF champioships in 2009
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)29-10-2008 @ 10:10 
We are discussing accomodation for competitors with a local hotel at good rates and with students who may be able to offer a bed for the weekend for a modest contribution to their personal entertainment fund.LOL.
I will post details next week.
Regards
Paul
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)28-10-2008 @ 15:42 
ENTRY RECEIVED TOM .THANKYOU.I DID REPLY TO YOUR EMAIL IN RESPONSE TO YOUR REQUEST ON THE DAY. I HAVE JUST FORWARDED A COPY TO YOU .
Any one coming by train will be picked up and taken to the Uni by car if requested.Email me with arrival times and mobile tel numbers and i will make the necessary arrangements.Ordering tee shirts soon so early entries will be a great help to judge numbers.
Well done IAN on qualifying for the GBPLF BRITISH and best wishes at the Worlds.Really looking forward to seeing you all however dubious your reputation may be.LOL
Regards to everyone on Sugden
Paul
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)28-10-2008 @ 10:39 
Entries so far from Exeter,UWIC,Bedfordshire,Teeside,Sheffield Hallam,Bournemouth,St Marys Twickenham.Lots of other inquiries and we look forward to these becoming formal entries.
Regards
Paul
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)09-10-2008 @ 21:44 
I have replied in detail to Tom regarding the official BUCS status regarding this championships.B.U.C.S. WILL IN MY OPINION NOT ADOPT THIS EVENT UNTIL IT CAN BE PROVED THAT IT IS VIABLE FOR THEM TO DO SO.WITH support from Bournemouth University and representatives of BWLA we are running this years Championship as a legitimate B.W.L.A.event to ensure that no current student is deprived of the opportunity to compete for these titles.I understand that B.U.C.S HAVE ENABLED THE UNIVERSITY TO USE THEIR GOOD COMMUNICATION SYSTEM TO PROMOTE THE EVENT.
WE/ HAVE IN PLACE EXCELLENT FACILITIES/GOOD REFEREES/GOOD EQUIPMENT/TRADE SUPPORT/MASSAGE/
CALIBRATED WEIGHTS/IPF SQUAT RACK AND BENCH COMBINATION AND ENTRIES ALREADY,PLUS COMMEMORATIVE T SHIRT AND TROPHIES.THE stage is set .I hope you can come and compete.
The championship is not adopted by B.U.C.S but will hopefully gain this status in the future.The event needs to be run anyway AND ITS RETURN IS LONG OVERDUE.
REGARDS
PAUL REES
ENTRIES TO .
11,HADDEN ROAD,
QUEENS PARK,
BOURNEMOUTH,
DORSET
BH89HH TEL 01202 770894 EMAIL dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
» British University and Colleges Champs 2008 (Go to post)09-10-2008 @ 13:01 
Bournemouth University have sent out details of British Universities and Colleges Powerlifting Championships to all appropriate institutions via B.U.C.S.MAIL.THE ENTRY FORM AND POSTER SHOULD BE AVAILABLE VIA YOUR UNI. OR COLL.DIRECT.If you have any problems or questions contact Paul Rees on 01202 770894 or email on dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com.

You are here: HomeForumthrower → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions