REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 136 guests
You are here: HomeForumthrower → View All Posts

View All Posts: thrower

» British Unequipped Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)16-09-2009 @ 15:10 
84 entries according to Mick Barry this morning.Highest number of entries in the short history of the event.44 on the Saturday and 40 on Sunday.Only group with low numbers is M1 with 6/7.Trade support coming on well.Further details will follow.If you require help in getting accomodation please contact me and l will try to help.Information on entries and competition timings is available from Mick directly if you cannot find what you want to know on the various web sites carrying information about the competition.We look forward to seeing you in Bournemouth in a few weeks time.
Regards,
Paul
Paul Rees 01202 770894 dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
Mick Barry o1452 307419 mickbarry@tesco.net
» BRITISH UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE POWERLIFTING (Go to post)15-09-2009 @ 22:43 
BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY have set up their own club and we had over 15 members at the end of last year .The club is now recognised and supported by the students union.Paper work is a hassle but all Students Unions should help anyone with 3/5 members to complete it all.
Last year Bournemouth University Sports Development staff approached BUCS to see how to get full recognition from them for the sport.Negotiations continue and l will let you all know how to influence their decision making in the near future.The idea of getting the BUCS COMPETITION going again last year was to prove we have a big enough following in Universities to gain recognition.BUCS did help promote the event and published a report,photographs and results.
The event this year is at OAKMEAD COLLEGE BOURNEMOUTH and we hope to have 100 plus competitors including guests lifting.Next year with the Championships more firmly on its feet we hope the event will be held at Oxford Uni. or Derby Uni.
Your support and POSITIVE pressure on those that make decisions about University Sport is needed to get Powerlifting to be part of the BUCS points system and therefore encourage UNIVERSITIES TO SUPPORT POWERLIFTERS.
Anyone interested in being part of a National University Powerlifting Group PLEASE CONTACT me.We intend holding an inaugral meeting at the forthcoming Championship in Bournemouth on November 21/22 this year to set up a University led
management group to progress the sport in Universities.
I intend taking a back seat then and let it all develop through students AND University Sport Departments.Past students and Graduates need to be encouraged to stay involved as well in my opinion ,to add stability to an ever changing
undergraduate population.
Regards,
Paul
dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
» British Unequipped Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)08-09-2009 @ 14:28 
Over 50 entries received by this mornings post according to MICK BARRY Championship Secretary.FIVE DAYS to go to GET YOUR ENTRY IN.Programme/timetable as published to all invited lifters is now final.If you have any concern about entering or your entry, please contact Mick at mickbarry@tesco.net or 01452 307419.
We look forward to meeting all involve at Bournemouth University next month.
Regards,
Paul
» British Unequipped Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)26-08-2009 @ 11:59 
JUST OVER TWO WEEKS TO GO TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN.STEADY FLOW AT THE MOMENT BUT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TURNOUT.Bar and eating facilities at venue.Lots of parking available close to auditorium.Trade displays being arranged.We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible .Spectators welcome.See above on previous post Hotel availability at special rates and location details.Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.
Regards,
Paul 01202770894 dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
» 2009 All England Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)24-08-2009 @ 13:12 
WELL DONE TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN RUNNING AND COMPETING IN THE ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS WEEKEND.EVERYONE AT BOURNEMOUTH LIFTING CLUB HAD A GREAT TIME AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE CLEAN AND SMART VENUE,WARM WELCOME, EXACTING REFEREEING
AND FIRST CLASS WARMING UP FACILITIES.PARTICULAR THANKS TO THE LOADING TEAM AND THE HARD WORKING ORGANISERS FROM THE (FARM).
Regards,
Paul
» British Unequipped Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)13-08-2009 @ 13:55 
INVITATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT TO DIVISIONAL SECRETARIES FOR DISTRIBUTION TO LIFTERS WHO HAVE QUALIFIED.IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOURS THEN PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DIVISIONAL SECRETARY AND HE WILL SORT IT OUT FOR YOU.
MICK BARRY THE CHAMPIONSHIP SECRETARY HAS ALREADY RECEIVED SOME ENTRIES AND CAN BE CONTACTED ON 01452 307419 OR mickbarry@tesco.net .
THE ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE THE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR LIFTERS TO ACHIEVE THE QUALIFYING TOTAL BUT PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE MET YOUR DIVISIONS REQUIREMENTS AS WELL TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION.
I WILL POST DETAILS OF TRAVEL DESTINATIONS AND ACCOMODATION IN THE NEXT WEEK.WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING AS MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE AT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS.
KINDEST REGARDS,
PAUL REES
PROMOTER /GBPF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
TEL 01202 770894 dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
» GBPF BRITISH SCHOOLS AND F.E. COLLEGES (Go to post)10-07-2009 @ 21:21 
Age clarification.
All lifters must be at least 14 on the day of the competition.

Eligibity.
Any student on roll at ANY time in a British school or F,E, COLLEGE in 2009 is entitled to compete.

Awards/Trophies.
Schools and F.E. AWARDS ARE SEPERATE FROM THE UNIVERSITY AND F.E. COLLEGES AWARDS.
» IPF Europeans: Reports (Go to post)09-05-2009 @ 17:54 
WELL DONE TO EVERYONE FROM GBPF INVOLVED IN THIS CHAMPIONSHIPS.I believe every lifter won a class or individual event medal.Even more can obviously be achieved in the future but this does represent an excellent start in major International Competition for the GBPF,the new IPF affiliate in the UK.
Recognition is also due to all those back home who provide support for these lifters.Who ever you are WELL DONE!
All powerlifting FEDS. are experiencing a rise in partipation in POWERLIFTING at all levels.Long may it continue
Regards,
Paul
» British Maters Squats (Go to post)23-04-2009 @ 10:45 
Marginal decisions in powerlifting are hard to make and really tough to take, particularly when they go against you.Most of us have been there.
The exacting demands in BWLA and BDFPA IN THE SQUAT and I am sure in the other FEDERATIONS as well, always make squat depth judgement a contentious issue.
Terry is a great lifter to watch and he has a passion for the sport that is admirable.I look forward to seeing him in action again in the near future.

REGARDS TO EVERYONE,
PAUL
» BDFPA British Unequippped (Go to post)23-04-2009 @ 10:26 
BOURNEMOUTH LIFTING CLUB HAVE THREE LIFTERS COMPETING THIS TIME.Steve Tyers 60kg t3,Alex Vivian 67.5kg t2,and Justin Martin 82.5kg junior.Our Unequipped lifters really enjoyed the last competition.
Although we were surprised to see the monolift being used last time we were impressed by its efficiency when operated by such a capable and hard working team.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.
Regards,
Paul
» GBPF BRITISH UNIVERSITIES (Go to post)21-04-2009 @ 22:12 
JUST A NOTE FOR INFORMATION.Any lifter who is a student at a BUCS institution at any time in 2009 is ELIGIBLE to compete in this years UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN NOVEMBER.
REGARDS,
PAUL
» BDFPA British Unequippped (Go to post)20-04-2009 @ 10:29 
We all really enjoyed the Championships and found the venue to be smart and well presented.The actual competition in most classes was quite excellent with so much to enjoy.The effort and determination of the organisers and helpers to do their very best to put on a good show was evident throughout the weekend.
All of my lifters cannot wait for the next one!
THANKYOU BDFPA,
Regards,
Paul and all at Bournemouth Lifting Club.
» BDFPA British Unequippped (Go to post)16-04-2009 @ 15:44 
BOURNEMOUTH LIFTING CLUB WILL BE THERE ON BOTH DAYS WITH 10 LIFTING ON SATURDAY.I UNDERSTAND THAT THE ENTRY IS VERY HIGH WITH TWO FLIGHTS OF 82.5KG MEN NEEDED, AND ALTOGETHER 10 FLIGHTS COMPETING OVER TWO DAYS .ALSO 16 LADIES ENTERED .Really looking forward to it!
REGARDS,
PAUL
» GBPF BRITISH UNIVERSITIES (Go to post)16-04-2009 @ 14:42 
The South West u23/u20/u18/u16 Championships will again be held in conjunction with the BRITISH UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN BOURNEMOUTH.Teams of 3 u23 lifters are to be invited from all Divisions/Celtic nations AS WELL.
SPECIAL RATES FROM AT LEAST TWO HOTELS WILL BE A AVAILABLE NEARER THE DATES.

I am grateful to the administrators of this site for putting details under the competitions section.Unfortunately both the UNIVERSITY AND BRITISH UNEQUIPPED ARE LINKED TO SOME OTHER COMPETITION HELD LAST YEAR AND THEREFORE USERS ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS THE COMPETITION DETAILS.
HELP! COULD SOMEONE CORRECT THIS PLEASE????.THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
REGARDS,
PAUL
» Titan NXG+ deadlift suit for sale (Go to post)26-03-2009 @ 09:51 
WE WILL BUY THE SUIT TOM IF IT IS STILL AVAILABLE. WE WILL PUT IT IN THE CLUB STOCK FOR NEW EQUIPPED LIFTERS.I WILL E MAIL YOU LATER.
REGARDS,
PAUL REES

You are here: HomeForumthrower → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions