REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 196 guests
You are here: HomeForumthrower → View All Posts

View All Posts: thrower

» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)26-03-2011 @ 17:09 
Very pleased that the GBPF Senior National squad were tested(including two of mine) and l understand from my Juniors at the GBPF Junior squad today that more tests were conducted on their squad.This all adds to the integrety of our sport whichever drugsfree ethos federation/association your in.A positive conversation on an important issue.
Lets hope that the financial challenge to increase testing can be met as effectively as possible.
Regards,
Paul
» WDFPF European championships (Go to post)25-03-2011 @ 21:11 
Entries have arrived already from home and abroad (Switzerland).Wim told me that the Russians are coming amongst other National teams.To ensure we can keep the lifting flights moving more efficiently we are changing the competition arena layout to improve lifter access if we need two platforms again.
After recovering a bit from the British l am starting to look forward to the Europeans and seeing old friends and meeting new members of the powerlifting fraternity.
Regards,
Paul
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)25-03-2011 @ 20:54 
I have copies of the BDFPA magazine with the drug test results listed in detail from a couple of years ago but as Finch has said nothing appears to have been published since.Partly l understand because a newsletter editor has not been found to replace Sharon during that period.
I am aware of the testing taking place in our competitions in Bournemouth as I have witnessed the detail and preparation for tests at the University and Kings Park and have been part of the process of calling people up to be tested.I have also ensured with others that the used test kits were sent to WADA approved labs.A fair number of our club lifters have also been tested.
The testing l am refering to directly has happened in three competitions in the last year in Bournemouth.British Unequipped 2010,All England 2010 and of course the recent 2011 British Unequipped where 12 lifters were tested.Approaching 30 in all.
It is and never should be appropriate for me to name people tested at our competitions but quite a few lifters on Sugden have been "pulled for testing " by me (nothing personal).No positives so far l am pleased to say.
I do appreciate that the previous system of publishing results for all to see is vital to maintain the integrity of the testing regime and that of the lifters and should be returned to at the earliest opportunity.Hopefully the Magazine in print or on the internet will be re -introduced in the near future.If the results have been published elsewhere l apologise to the Association for assuming they have not been.
International records can only be set in competitions with testing for at least 10% of the competitors taking part.This will apply to the Europeans as well where we will be paying up to £25 per lifter towards the Dope Testing bill.This practice is in common with other drugs free ethos Federations like the IPF.
I understand your points as the amount of testing sets the BDFPA apart from other federations who have only been able to test but a few in the last few years for, l am sure, financial reasons only.
I agree that drug testing is and should be the priority for federations with a drugs free ethos and the publication of results is essential to support their lifters reputations.
l will do my best to raise your concerns and views with those who in my opinion help lead the fight for drugs free sport in the UK.
Regards to all,
Paul
» WDFPF European championships (Go to post)25-03-2011 @ 16:53 
Invitation will come from Nicky.We issued an entry form at the British Unequipped .I have emailed a copy to you Carl.Anyone in doubt contact Nicky in the first place but l will follow up your enquiry on your behalf if you need extra help.Just email me.
dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
Regards,
Paul
» WDFPF European championships (Go to post)25-03-2011 @ 13:30 
A generous offer but it does not work like that with any sports organisation l am aware of.I am sure you did not mean it the way it sounds .Lifters cannot pass on selection spots.What a nightmare that would cause.Decisions on selection are made by the Championship Secretary according to the rules of the Association.It would be quite improper to do it any other way in my opinion.
My advise above still stands Phil.The Championship Secretary and President make these types of decisions sometimes in consultation with the National Council.Contact Nicky and or Neil.
The rules regarding selection are very clear in this association and patronage accounts for nothing l understand.You should get what you earn as an individual.
On that basis your case deserves full and proper consideration by the people elected to make these decisions.You have an outstanding performance record in competition which is second to none Phil.I am sure you realise the above anyway.Needs to be clear to others in case of misunderstandings.
Regards,
Paul
PS. Invitation/entries need to be returned by April 7th.Equipped lifters who compete at the British Equipped next month will be allowed to enter at the end of that weekend.!!
Contact me directly if in doubt. 01202 770894 dpaul,.rees@ntlworld.com
» WDFPF European championships (Go to post)25-03-2011 @ 11:04 
Best to contact Nicky Elding our Championship Secretary Phil.She is responsible for selecting the teams and sending out invites.Below is merely my understanding of the situation.Nicky is first class and either she or Neil Thomas(President)will advise you.Contact details on BDFPA web site.

Basis of selection is "l understand "- Achieving qualifying total in registered for testing competition.--placing in first three in your weight class/age group in the respective British Championship.Reserves are called up on the same basis if somebody is not available to compete.( In this case 4 th place if they have qualifying total and so on will be called up.)
Special circumstances may be presented to the Championship Secretary Nicky Elding
and if a place is vacant the lifter may be invited.
Please do not take this as "gospel" because I am not the appropriate responsible person for making such decisions.
Regards,
Paul
P.S. Invites/entries should be RETURNED BY 7th APRIL.!!!!

paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk ,dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com ,01202 770894
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)24-03-2011 @ 21:22 
Several people have asked me to explain the Dope testing taking place at events I run on behalf of the BDFPA.
I am aware that as well as the 12 drug tests at the British Unequipped a number of lifters have been tested earlier this year ,some within a few weeks of the Unequipped Championships .I understand that in one competition ( under the BDFPA banner) 100% of lifters taking part were tested last year.
Further lifters will be tested in the next few weeks.BDFPA have the strongest Drugs Free ethos and prioritise drug testing as a major element of enabling a level playing field for competitors.
10% of competitors are tested at its Powerlifting and Single Lifts Championships.Testing is conducted at Divisional Championships as well and very extensively at International events.
No notice out of competition testing has also taken place.
Last year 20 tests were conducted at JUST the competitions we ran for BDFPA in Bournemouth.(Divisionals/British Unequipped/All England)
The overall National picture of testing is obviously much more extensive .

I hope that helps those who wish to know.

Regards to all,
Paul
» WDFPF European championships (Go to post)24-03-2011 @ 20:35 
WDFPF EUROPEAN POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th May 2011
venue- Bournemouth University Sport and Recreation Centre.
Poole Dorset,BH12 5BB

SATURDAY 7th MAY:- EUROPEAN UNEQUIPPED POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

SUNDAY 8th MAY:- EUROPEAN EQUIPPED POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Organiser and General secretary.Paul Rees on behalf of Bournemouth barbell.
CONTACT DETAILS.
01202 770894 paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk. or dpaul.rees@ntlworld.com
Please contact Paul for further information

Details available on WDFPF Web Site.

BDFPA Championship Secretary :-Nicky Elding.Please contact Nicky if you have any questions about England Team invitations(usually top 3 English lifters at British Champs. in various age groups).

For prospective Welsh and Scottish Team members please contact your association secretary/rep. details on BDFPA Web Site.
Do not hesitate to contact me about any matter regarding this Championship.
Regards,
Paul
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)23-03-2011 @ 11:45 
Time now to move onto final preparations for the WDFPF Europeans to be held at Bournemouth University on May 7and 8th.The support given to us from the BDFPA Executive and National Council members from all over the U.K. has been magnificent and vital.
Neil Thomas,Andy Davies,Pat Reeves,Nicky Elding and Manon Bradley have worked throughout to support what we are trying to do "To Improve" and to provide the best possible experience for lifters.We want the sport to thrive.
Your messages of thanks have been most welcome and l am particularly grateful to those that have spoken to me directly with ideas on how to raise our game and improve standards for the lifters,officials and spectators.We are implementing new ideas and changes for Europeans based on input from far and wide.
Thankyou to all that participated.
Regards,
Paul and all at Bournemouthbarbell
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)21-03-2011 @ 16:22 
Enjoyed the weekends lifting.Big thankyou to all the Lifters, Referees, Platform crews and helpers who worked and lifted so hard throughout the weekend.Double platform set up worked reasonably well but we will modify this for the Europeans.
(better spacing out and seperate warm up facilities for each platform (3 warm up platforms each instead of 5 shared).We may have to accomodate more lifters than on this weekend!.
I.T. configuration will be improved further(projectors all 1600 by 900 resolution)).Preliminary results have been sent to the web masters of www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk and the BDFPA web site "results page".They should be posted soon.Any corrections re typos etc or any questions please direct to me in the first place and l will pass them on accordingly for a response if necessary.
12 lifters were tested.Thankyou all for contributing so much to the success of the weekend.
Regards,
Paul
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)17-03-2011 @ 16:04 
University have just confirmed that the Uni shop(25m from Sports centre entrance)will be open from 7.30AM !!!Drinks/food +++ available. Bar and Cafe will open later in the morning.This is set up to help lifters re plenish post WEIGH-IN.
The cafe/bar is only 25metres from the competition arena also.All accessible inside the UNIVERSITY buildings.
Regards,
Paul
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)17-03-2011 @ 12:49 
Reminder to lifters:-Saturday 19th March ALL Ladies and Men up to and including 82.5kg class.
Registration/Kit check/Rack heights/Tee shirt orders collection ETC. From 7.30AM.

WEIGH IN 8-9AM.Re weighs from 9-9.30AM .
TWO weigh-in rooms.One for each lifting platform.

Sunday 20th 90kg-145kg classes -Same weigh-in and reporting times as above.

125 entries .Two platforms operating throughout.
LIFTING STARTS AT 10AM EACH DAY.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT Bournemouth University.

Regards,
Paul
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)17-03-2011 @ 12:31 
We are all delighted at the quality of this competition which has been run by Bournemouth University students from start to finish.Powerlifting should have a positive future if we see young lifters taking responsibility and control of events such as this.Particular credit is due to Adam Elkins the organiser and to Alistair Cannings who runs our www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk web site so enthusiastically.
I look forward to seeing both of them lift this weekend in the BDFPA British Unequipped Championships also at Bournemouth University .

Regards to All,
Paul
Sec.Bournemouth Barbell.
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)15-03-2011 @ 11:32 
Sorry folks.7.30 am Saturday or Sunday morning.I have edited post above.Thanks for questioning time Paul.
Regards,
Paul
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)15-03-2011 @ 11:03 
Post Edited: 15.03.2011 @ 11:28 AM by thrower
Last few days of preparation underway.LIFTERS:-Good idea to register early (7.30am)and get rack heights,kit check,collect tee shirt if ordered(nearly sold out).
Weigh in at 8am - 9am .Re weighs only 9-9.30am.Lifting starts for ladies and mens 60/67.5kg classes at 10am.Two weigh-in rooms (one per platform you lift on).
Please remember your BDFPA membership card.Proof of age if appropriate.
Food will be available at Dylans bar/cafe and the Uni. shop.All on site very close to the sports centre.Car parking plentiful and free around back of Uni.
Time programme is published on our web site www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk .
Pullumsports will be present on Saturday.
The WDFPF Europeans take place again at Bournemouth University on May 7/8th and entry forms and details will be available to those that qualify at these Championships.Invitations will be issued by Nicky Elding.
Regards,
Paul
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information.See contact details in above posts

You are here: HomeForumthrower → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions