REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 4 members and 38 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumnewhybrid → View All Posts

View All Posts: newhybrid

12345678910 ... ... 3334353637383940414243

» powerlifting comps in scotland? (Go to post)03-01-2013 @ 22:58 
excellent. thanks man Happy
» powerlifting comps in scotland? (Go to post)03-01-2013 @ 22:45 
ah cool so dates will be released soon. thanks mate.
» powerlifting comps in scotland? (Go to post)03-01-2013 @ 22:32 
can anybody tell me if any are coming up? i want to give one a go later in the year but would ideally like to go to one first as a spectator, learn all the rules etc before i take the plunge. thanks.
» training at home with a barbell only. (Go to post)07-06-2012 @ 08:49 
i need to. left ankle was shattered about 10 years ago and if i dont at least pay that one attention the other completely dominates. this both looks stupid and must cause some sort of imbalance when doing squats, cleans etc.
» training at home with a barbell only. (Go to post)06-06-2012 @ 23:16 
slimsim said:
Another good one for calves would be to find a step to sit on and place a weighted bar across your thigh (as close to your knee as you can). Ideally you'd also want your foot raised so that you can get a stretch as you lower the weight, but this would be good for the soleus muscle of the calf.
PS. You might want some form of padding across your thigh though. I'd imagine it can get pretty uncomfortable with a decent amount of weight.

yup done that before on a smith machine. works well. just need to get some foam for the knees. thanks bud.
» training at home with a barbell only. (Go to post)06-06-2012 @ 10:36 
excellent, thanks guys. squat stands i am waiting on getting here but they are joined by at the base by a bar between the two so hopefully they will be stable enough to do chins off. will report back.
» training at home with a barbell only. (Go to post)06-06-2012 @ 09:35 
recently moved out to the sticks and there are no decent gyms anywhere near so have started getting a home set up together. so far i have an oly bar, 210kg of plates, a bench and a set of squat stands with dips handles. no dumbells but i dont think i need them.
only things i am struggling to think of how to train is calves and back width. i have a chins bar but no where to attach it as the lips on the door frames here are too narrow. any ideas? calves i was just thinking to get some kind of step and do standing presses with the bar on my shoulders.

12345678910 ... ... 3334353637383940414243

You are here: HomeForumnewhybrid → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto