REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 1235 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumnewhybrid → View All Posts

View All Posts: newhybrid

12345678910 ... ... 3334353637383940414243

» GBPF Northwest Powerlifting Championships Dec 1st 2013 (Go to post)03-12-2013 @ 20:46 
Jabba said:I don't know if you lifted today but if you did, and I slipped you the finger while you were squatting, I apologise Grin Grin Grin Grin

erm no finger slipping no! i do have a bit of a quad tare and was thinking i would have to pull out after my opening squat. entered at 160 and it felt fine. hearing a spotter saying 'beautiful squat mate' put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the comp. got all 9 lifts in, some PBs too. i was the scottish lad in the 105's lifting equipped who winced and grabbed his right leg every time he went to set up on bench, lol. seriously though, great job by the spotters, refs and bryn. everyone was saying how encouraging you all were.
» A Hebridean Diary (Go to post)03-12-2013 @ 20:36 
hey martin was great to meat you at the weekend. and you pete, if you remember me, lol.
next time i stick the deadlift suit on to lift i will have a think about how and when i breath before lifting in it because i am still not entirely sure what i do!
strong benching btw, i am still very much getting used to benching in a shirt and have 2 tighter ones to break in yet.
i honestly thought my trip from aberlour would have been the longest of the day but i take my hat off to you sir! outstanding effort.
» anyone seen any decent deals on olympic plates? (Go to post)02-12-2013 @ 06:22 
looking for some 25kg plates, probably 4 of them, colour coded if possible. has anyone spotted any decent deals recently?
thanks.
» GBPF Northwest Powerlifting Championships Dec 1st 2013 (Go to post)01-12-2013 @ 21:50 
this was a great comp. a lot of lifters so a long day but brilliantly run. the spotters in particular did a fantastic job, full of encouragement and praise for good lifts. if i wasnt carrying so many injuries i would have helped with the loading but i just couldnt risk it. next time though.
met some old mates and made some new ones. given the state my body was in i am happy with my own performance too. a few PBs are always good Happy
» GBPF Northwest Powerlifting Championships Dec 1st 2013 (Go to post)28-11-2013 @ 22:10 
brynevans said:
Neil, I don't go to the bank every time a cheque arrives. They are paid in after contest day when all monies are collected.

no, i completely understand bryn that would be a nightmare! just a little worried its gone missing in the post as i am coming down from northern scotland. i need to worry less

Happy
» GBPF Northwest Powerlifting Championships Dec 1st 2013 (Go to post)28-11-2013 @ 08:46 
hi bryn, i sent my form and cheque away some weeks ago. i checked the account last week and the cheque hadnt came off yet. just wanted to make sure you had it? neil stewart is the name. thanks.
» Volunteer required. (Go to post)27-11-2013 @ 08:32 
just imagining a weigh in for a comp with a bunch of powerlifters or strongen all trying to stand on their head. Tongue
» Squat form check. (Go to post)26-11-2013 @ 22:07 
look fine. chest falls a bit as the set goes on but thats always going to happen i guess. certainly the first 2 were spot on to my eye.
» wieghing in for BPO comps, slightly confused? (Go to post)26-11-2013 @ 17:04 
yeah i dont for-see any issues making weight. i only need to lose 2kg and have 8 weeks to do it. thats a bonus, will save me a fair whack of money on hotel/extra time off work. good to know for future comps though, should i decide to go down a weight class.
thanks for all your input folks.
» Chester Strongman Competition August 2014 (Go to post)26-11-2013 @ 16:58 
i will be there with my trade stall vin. also if i can just deadlift i will give that a go maybe. no strongman equipment or training ever done! will also be wearing my t-shirt with the national autistic society badge on it.
» wieghing in for BPO comps, slightly confused? (Go to post)26-11-2013 @ 16:46 
excellent, thanks. yes it was the 'two mandatory weigh in sessions' that got me.
» 250kg squat PR (Go to post)26-11-2013 @ 16:44 
nicely done. a bit of slayer always helps eh?!
» wieghing in for BPO comps, slightly confused? (Go to post)26-11-2013 @ 16:30 
been reading the rules and i am a bit unsure about the procedure here. it says there will be 2 mandatory weigh in sessions. one 24hrs before the start of the comp and one on the morning of the comp. i am assuming you only need to attend one though if you make the weight for the class you propose to lift in? 24hours before would mean another day off work and another night in a hotel which would be a bit of a ball ache!
» Over 3 times bodyweight deadlift for 4 reps (Go to post)25-11-2013 @ 17:20 
i should be alright. there's no room to step over the bar in my garage.
seriously though this is somthing i didnt know. i did get told off at my second comp for not walking off at the back of the platform though. similar thing i guess?
» 237.5 Squat (Go to post)25-11-2013 @ 09:43 
great squat. do you find the wrist wraps make a big difference? do you just use them for heavy work? seen a lot of lads using them to squat with and keep meaning to get round to giving it a go.

12345678910 ... ... 3334353637383940414243

You are here: HomeForumnewhybrid → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto