REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 42 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumnewhybrid → View All Posts

View All Posts: newhybrid

12345678910 ... ... 3334353637383940414243

» old titan super katana/katana size 48 single ply or 50 double. (Go to post)19-02-2016 @ 21:23 
Funky_monkey said:

Hide a board up your shirt.

lol, just a rectangular food baby.
» old titan super katana/katana size 48 single ply or 50 double. (Go to post)19-02-2016 @ 07:17 
Yeah I am considering opening raw. If they let me.
And I've tried the kit for sale UK page. Not enough time to get from the states now. Or I won't risk it at least.
» old titan super katana/katana size 48 single ply or 50 double. (Go to post)17-02-2016 @ 16:57 
As above guys. Desperately need an old loose shirt for my opener in a comp in a few weeks.
If you have anything spare and want a bit of cash for it please email me
neilstewart83@gmail.com
Many thanks.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)25-01-2016 @ 14:45 
macroth said:
Lol, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, do you?

elaborate..
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)25-01-2016 @ 08:55 
Steve said:
But.a US citizen doesn't have the right to work and earn a living in Europe like an EU citizen. Is there such thing as International law covering this?
And I believe steroid use is actually illegal in Sweden.

he's clearly self employed and works around the world. its the fact they named him personally which could be damaging to him anywhere.
whats the legal status of steroids in sweden got to do with any of this? i very much doubt he will be giving out competition gear cycles at his seminars.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)25-01-2016 @ 06:56 
the IPF needs to realise it has to act in accordance with international law and with the laws of specific countries in which it operates. just because the IPF rulebook states something is a rule, it does not make it legal. thats a matter for legislatures and courts to decide. for example if i was handed a contract of work and told i had to sign it if i wanted that particular job but the contract said if i went to a political rally i'd be fired, the contract would be null and void as it would be illegal.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)25-01-2016 @ 06:49 
umpalumpalifter said:
sorry but that makes no sense regardless of who wrote it. he recieved a life time ban for getting caught for using banned substances. once banned he is ineligible to profit off those who choose to compete with the federation he is banned from.
two simple things - appeal to those not competing with IPF which there are plenty of. Those who want to visit his seminar don't compete with IPF. pretty simple in my mind

simple? maybe. illegal? most likely.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)25-01-2016 @ 06:48 
Rick said:
We don't have freedom of assembly in Britain any more, incidentally. Not that it would apply here in any case; you don't have a right to compete in IPF competitions, which is what they would be preventing you from doing, and nobody earns anything from those competitions, so there's no loss of earnings to sue for.

Ed Coan could rightfully sue for loss of earnings i meant. he is named personally and swedish ipf affiliate members are told not to go to his seminars or they will be banned.
it's in Sweden so not sure of the relevance of whether we have freedom of right to assembly in this country? Sweden is in the EU where freedom of movement is enshrined in law. so for teh IPF to say members cant go the seminar without being sanctioned could be a contravention of that. i would say its a strong legal argument.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)24-01-2016 @ 19:08 
Steve said:
Do you compete in the IPF?

nope. why would i allow myself to be treated like a cash cow and raped by their 'approved list'?
i have friends who do though.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)24-01-2016 @ 19:06 
IainKendrick said:
Sue for what. Upholding a high standard of drug free ethos which its members are clearly aware of?
Tbh I personally don't think the IPF should ban lifters, or threaten to, for going to the seminar of a banned lifter, but it's hardly a big deal.
I do agree that officials, and any kind of accredited coaches shouldn't be attending events of this kind. The 'Lance Armstrong' anaology is pretty apt in this case.

loss of earnings. clearly.
for memebers there are things in democratic countries like freedom of assembly.
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)24-01-2016 @ 19:05 
Post Edited: 24.01.2016 @ 19:34 PM by newhybrid
umpalumpalifter said:
reading this I feel like I am the only one who can potentially see the logic in this. IPF follows WADA guidelines about not allowing those who have been banned coach active athletes.
in this case Coan has a lifetime ban therefore the IPF wants him to have nothing to do with those who CHOOSE to compete with them.

Except as dave tate pointed out ed isn't on the wada list. only the ipf one. the seminars are clearly advertised as being run by the WPC who have no affiliation with wada.
http://www.elitefts.com/coaching-logs/ed-coan-seminars-that-fe...
» Insula catches up with Ed Coan (Go to post)24-01-2016 @ 07:11 
its a f**king joke. i hope he sues, i hope members sue, i hope said law suits bankrupt the corrupt as f**k ipf once and for all so the rest of us can get on with actually enjoying our sport. power-crazed grey old men in blazers. as corrupt as fifa or the ioc who they want to go bed with.
» looking for an inzer leviathan to fit 100kg lifter. (Go to post)22-01-2016 @ 22:32 
still looking.
» weight cut for -83 at a IPF comp(2 hr. weigh in) (Go to post)20-01-2016 @ 23:34 
dont even need a sauna. close bathroom door, put towels around bottom of door frame, turn off extractor fan if possible. fill bath with water as hot as he can take with his head submerged, obviously not mouth and nose! stay in for as long as feels 'safe' then come out of the room. towel dry only, no splashing cold water on scalp etc, rest in the cool room for 10 minutes or so then repeat process. keep going until target weight is met. i do this late on the night before as i know i will sweat some more during the night(heating up at full in bedroom, plenty of sheets/duvet).
to rehydrate after weigh in electrolyte salts and water/juice are the way to go. mix up 2 litres and drink it relatively slowly to avoid getting groggy. this will help rehydrate much better than anything else legal in ipf. next i get some fast acting carbs in followed by slower acting sources. try and avoid fats at this time though as they slow down the absorption process of other nutrients.
All that being said, i hate 2 hour weigh ins!
» Inzer Knee Wraps (Go to post)20-01-2016 @ 20:08 
scruffmcbuff said:Brilliant cheers mate. Ill be ordering a pair of those gripper knee wraps this week

these are excellent wraps.

12345678910 ... ... 3334353637383940414243

You are here: HomeForumnewhybrid → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto