REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 165 guests
You are here: HomeForumKerridge → View All Posts

View All Posts: Kerridge

» High rep training to improve strength?! (Go to post)31-05-2010 @ 20:06 
Its all relative to the outcome you want. If your intention is to compete in powerlifting doing 1 rep there is little point other than for technique practice or dynamic training in going over 3-6 reps max in any set.... On the other hand if your event requires 20 reps then you would train with 20-30 reps and look for progression with the weights for 20 reps. All the research points to low reps for absolute single maximum strength gains.
» Does caffeine make you aggressive? (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 22:14 
Dan said:Yes it fukin does, dont ask dumb ass mother fukin questions, mother fuker Tongue

I guess you,ve had some today as well! Tongue
» Does caffeine make you aggressive? (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 22:14 
Well this cockeral was botherin my faverite hen, just raw red, got hold of it and wham......Its ok just a bit timid right now.
» blood vessels rupture in eye (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 20:45 
Could be high blood pressure caused by holding breath under pressure. I burst a blood vessel in my nose last year on a max bench, blood everywhere. The doc took my blood pressure and it was a bit high. Advised me stop training! Idiot. Some get it in the eyelids, others under the eyes.Unless it happens all the time I think its one of the things you have to put up with.
» Does caffeine make you aggressive? (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 20:06 
Two 50mg tabs and a relentless...great workout and a couple of new PB's but by the time I got home I was IN A RIGHT MOOD, snapped at the missus, kicked a chicken down the garden, no reason? Is this normal? Confused
» Jehova's Witnesses (Go to post)18-05-2010 @ 20:04 
One of the funniest blogs I have seen for a while...brilliant!Grin
» Is it potentially harmful to the knees... (Go to post)18-05-2010 @ 20:02 
Knee wraps can be a problem if you go very low and they bunch up just behind the knee joint, in effect forcing it to open. This can stretch some of the ligaments at the sides and the front crucia ligament in particular which may become a problem if you sit in the low position a lot.
» Anglian Open Powerlifting Championships 2010 (Go to post)12-05-2010 @ 00:35 
Stuart, watched on the web, great event as expected. Didnt Mick Amey do well breaking the British deadlift record! He even got 246kg off the ground having a go at the world record weight. Pretty good for a little old codger! PKHappy Happy
» Peanuts (Go to post)11-05-2010 @ 23:30 
JamesH said:
Sorry. I was actually joking when I said that. Hope nobody starts following my diet advice any time soon!
Thanks for the link anyway, there's some useful stuff there.

I need to take a break and lighten up.....too much salt with the peanuts!Confused
» protein (Go to post)11-05-2010 @ 16:11 
I use a pint of skimmed milk before a workout - calcium and 20gm quality protein and the same after the workout. This hits the post workout opportunity for maximum uptake as suggested by most medical studies on protien use in sports. The two pints of fluid helps with hydration as well. The rest of the time I eat a carnivorous diet amounting to about 1.2 grams per kilo of bodyweight averaged over the week. This seems to be working for me and I have put on about 5 kilos of bodyweight over the last 12 months while keeping at around 25% bfat.
» Peanuts (Go to post)11-05-2010 @ 11:38 
Post Edited: 11.05.2010 @ 12:00 PM by Kerridge
JamesH said:To ensure that peanut protein is 'biogically balanced,' simply mix with some good quality jam.

Sorry, but that is not correct. Jam is mostly sugar and fruit which will at best contain 0.4% protein - being mainly carbohydrates and water, and is incapable of balancing the peanut amino acid deficiencies. Peanuts have to be consumed with grains, or as previously mentioned other high quality protein foods such as milk/eggs. On the other hand, why worry about it! If you want the full analysis for any food the US GOV database is available on the website below: click on new search

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/cgi-bin/list_nut_edit.pl

Happy Happy
» Peanuts (Go to post)05-05-2010 @ 00:05 
Sorry to spoil your party but the 25-26% protein by weight of peanuts proudly displayed on the labels is misleading. The protien content is correct but it is defficient in some essential amino acids which reduces the effective available protein for constructing human muscle. The Protein Digestibility Corrected Ammin Acid Score (PDCAAS) measurement method used worldwide to correctly assess a food protien is 52% for peanuts as opposed to 100% for eggs for example. Hence peanuts on thier own only have a bialogically balanced 13.5% of protien by weight. Eating them with grains (wholemeal bread) improves this considerably, but in isolation the story is not that good.
» 2010 IPF World Bench Masters (Go to post)26-04-2010 @ 16:25 
At the elite level its usually the little things that make the difference, small changes to body weight, the temperature/sweat, warm up routine and the minor adjustments to the shirt, and of course the support and individual focus. There is no way anyone can get stronger enough to raise their lift by 15kg in two weeks at the elite level, its not training its the set up and the variations in the things mentioned above that make the difference.

Personally I think it was the extreeme humidity in Orlando and jet lag that probobly affected JJ. But, what a result in Orlando...and yesterday. Happy Happy Happy
» 2010 IPF World Bench Masters (Go to post)26-04-2010 @ 15:24 
Not a big difference really, at the worlds he just narrowly missed the press out with 255kg which would have been the Gold medal, so 240 is a bit of a step down. JJ regularly does 250+ in the gym. Happy Happy Happy
» 2010 IPF World Bench Masters (Go to post)26-04-2010 @ 11:53 
Well done JJ two new British record lifts in the EM GBPF meet yesterday. I thought the 229 to reset the record was good but to come out for the third lift and get 240 has probobly locked the record for years. Gold instead of silver at the next worlds?

Great lifting mate.Happy Happy Happy

You are here: HomeForumKerridge → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions