REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 290 guests
You are here: HomeForumjonwalsh → View All Posts

View All Posts: jonwalsh

» GBPF Lancs and Cheshire Equipped and Unequipped Powerlifting (Go to post)10-05-2009 @ 13:57 
is there an update at to whether the unequipped is being run in the morning? and what are the weigh in times and start of lifting?
» GBPF British Unequipped Bench Press Championships (Go to post)23-04-2009 @ 12:15 
thanks for help guys ........java? thought that was a sparrow?
» GBPF British Unequipped Bench Press Championships (Go to post)23-04-2009 @ 12:14 
sorted it now mate...was just very very slow. cu there andy
» GBPF British Unequipped Bench Press Championships (Go to post)23-04-2009 @ 12:11 
thanks mate......the website doesnt say anything re entries....was just a blank page with heading british u/e bench champs
» GBPF British Unequipped Bench Press Championships (Go to post)18-04-2009 @ 12:44 
any ideas of how many are lifting so far in senior men 110kg class or 125kg if im 2 heavy?!!!!
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)25-09-2008 @ 14:36 
i think that if its held next year then the stable girls should be on hand to see to our every needs?!!
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)23-09-2008 @ 10:06 
paul_richards said:
Jon: are you after your 110K records back ??? Grin. Paul Hooker is around 100KG (possibly a touch under) at the moment, his lifting has been pretty consistant. He is staying with U/E at the moment but I have tried to get him to do an Equipped comp again as he is some bit stronger these days and it would be good to see what numbers he could put up.

im nearing the bench and deadlift record....so id love em back!!!! lol....il make sure im in the 110kg class and not weigh in at 111kg again!
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)22-09-2008 @ 22:55 
paul_richards said:
jonwalsh said:
paul_richards said:
Jon I was disappointed you have toned down the "EASY WEIGHT" ritual, please bring it back for the police champs.

Oh and next time put some weight on the bar when you bench Grin , all 3 looked like a proper EASY WEIGHT. Good lifting, looking strong.

Paul thanks for the comments...........my ritual will be bigger n better than b4 at the british police champs mate. I scared a young girl sat on the front row last year when blood gushed out of my nose on my final deadlift!!!! the weight was easy but as they were all pb's i need 2 take risks and put more weight on. u competing in the brit police?

Were you lifting sat and sun, I was there sunday.

Not competing at the police champs as not in the police but I will be helping out as I train with Paul Hooker (was scoring last year).

i just competed sunday. hows paul doing with his training? whats he weighing at the mo? he still doing u/e or going back to equipped lifting?
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)22-09-2008 @ 22:50 
just_t said:
ahh jon is the mini marius im guessing?

every lift looked like an easy training lift rather than a comp pb!!! great stuff

lol..........never been compared to someone like that b4 mate!!!! im still trying to get my head round powerlifting training and techniques. andy bolton and dave beattie given me good advice and somethings working just trying 2 work out what!!!!
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)22-09-2008 @ 16:47 
paul_richards said:
Jon I was disappointed you have toned down the "EASY WEIGHT" ritual, please bring it back for the police champs.

Oh and next time put some weight on the bar when you bench Grin , all 3 looked like a proper EASY WEIGHT. Good lifting, looking strong.

Paul thanks for the comments...........my ritual will be bigger n better than b4 at the british police champs mate. I scared a young girl sat on the front row last year when blood gushed out of my nose on my final deadlift!!!! the weight was easy but as they were all pb's i need 2 take risks and put more weight on. u competing in the brit police?
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)22-09-2008 @ 10:04 
any ideas who was official photographer and video guy/gal?
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)22-09-2008 @ 09:56 
i found the college easily enough but as for the venue............crikey huge place with a sign on a lamp post that only the borrowers could see!! warm up room first class as was the venue. unfortunately i weighed in just over 1 kg too heavy for the 110kg class u/e and after two forced trips to the gents i still couldnt manage the weight so had to lift in the 125kg. excellent lifting. dean bowring very impressive. i made sure i wore my new titan deadlift socks as my others are black and just look like im lifting in knee boots. 4 p/b's for me made my day worth the travel and wait. thanks to the spotters/loaders and judges etc etc etc etc etc
» BWLA British Unequipped 16/08/2008 (Go to post)18-08-2008 @ 22:51 
yes "mr easy weight" was me!!!! lol...........n cheers lexy, where do you train mate?
» BWLA British Unequipped 16/08/2008 (Go to post)18-08-2008 @ 16:24 
Post Edited: 18.08.2008 @ 16:33 PM by jonwalsh
yes got to agree with Lexy's comments re Daves lifting in the 90kg class very impressive and liked his t-shirt also!!! Was an excellent event with very good lifting and congrats to Thomas and Lexy taking 1st and second with me in 3rd in the 110kg. I usually compete in the British Police Champs and 3 times winner in a row so decided to venture outside my comfort zone and try lifting outside of Police and this was my second contest so was very pleased with it. My downside was i had to work til 4am that morning and return back to work as soon as the event finished as my bosses would not give me time off for this event which made me tired. Does anyone know where pics will be posted and results?
» NEW COMPETITION - English Championship. (Go to post)17-07-2008 @ 01:39 
Finch said:
A load more entries this week, we are numbering over 40 now.

Finch have you received my entry mate in 110kg u/e class?

You are here: HomeForumjonwalsh → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions