REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 204 guests
You are here: HomeForumBARBUDA → View All Posts

View All Posts: BARBUDA

» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)25-06-2008 @ 22:49 
Rusev said:
definitly dont neglect any other exercises but you do need to work on your jerk, i had a weak technical jerk but for different reasons, i was told to jerk everything twice with every clean because i jerked out in front your problem is your lock out, so i would put some jerk off stands in their and slight variations on presses and lock out work on light weights, higher reps maybe, maybe even doing some sort of jerks every session even just a few sets at the end with an empty bar ?

Brilliant thanks mate!

This is just the kind of thing i need!

When you say lock out work on light weights what sort of exercises are we talking about?

cheers

tom
» Iain's Training (Go to post)25-06-2008 @ 19:12 
Brilliant stuff! well done!

Must be an amazing feeling being European champ

All the best

Tom
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)25-06-2008 @ 19:05 
Post Edited: 25.06.2008 @ 19:06 PM by BARBUDA
not again
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)25-06-2008 @ 19:04 
Post Edited: 25.06.2008 @ 19:04 PM by BARBUDA
oops
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)25-06-2008 @ 19:02 
Post Edited: 25.06.2008 @ 19:07 PM by BARBUDA
mishima said:
Nice vid!
Like tupac said, "keep ya head up"!Wink

Ha! cheers mate. I made note in my training book to keep my head up - i do have a habit of looking at the floor!

Thing said:
nice sesh there tom

Thanks buddy!

Joni said:
good s**t

good vid

good lifting

great gym!

lol! could not have put it better.

little_a said:
BARBUDA said:
I've really not had a good start have i - posting semi nude pics and insulting GuinNess. I'll prob last about as long as matt griff did on MT Grin

The beauty of my pics is the danger element. People are all made up that they have there own cyber babe to knock one out over and a few months down the road SOME find out that they have been virtually shagging a shemale or a quadraplege.

As a footnote I would like to point out that not all my birds on boats have there own cocks, BUT, just because she aint on a boat doesnt mean she aint got a mangina. Amputee's may be found anywhere.

Enjoy....

Lol, i'll keep that in mind and approach any image posted by you with caution!

Actually now that you've said that there is something about the woman you posted that makes me think she/he could be a dutch man called clause

Todays training - a quickie

Cleans
- warmups
barxlots
40x3
60x3
60x3
70x1

- working sets
70x3
70x3
70x3
70x3
80x3

hm... all ok - weight can go up

Jerks
- warmups
barxlots
40x3
50x3
60x3

- working sets
70x3
70x3
70x3
70x3
75x3

none of these massively difficult i just did not feel explosive today.

Then did some face pulls and pull throughs. The pull throught did not feel to good with the band, ROM was not the best etc...

todays vid - my god the pull throughs are a bit homoerotic, im regretting including them.

» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 22:37 
Rick said:
If you're not puffed after snatched you need to put some weight on the bar Grin.

Wise words
Grin
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 22:18 
Rick said:
BARBUDA said:
I was a bit puffed tbh after some of the snatches. Prob should try and rectify this somewhat.

It cannot be rectified, it is the essential nature of things!

I think the mighty BOAR would argue differently! You may be right though Rick im pretty damn lazy these days! Grin
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 22:04 
Wigan said:
Nice session there Tom, moving well mate. If that is the first time you've snatched then f**kin well done mate, they weren't bad at all!!! Nice snatch balance too, i'd just add a little dip and drive to it before you drop, will help when you push the weight up a bit.

Keep it going mate, good stuff!!!

Cheers buddy!

The ones on the vid were done at the end so my speed prob was not the best.

Yeah, he suggested i dont do the little drive as it was done just for me to get used to getting my ass down and under the bar asap!

Tom

Also - i got a bit of an eye opener tonight on how unfit ive become. I was a bit puffed tbh after some of the snatches. Prob should try and rectify this somewhat.
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 21:36 
Right got my ass to fitlike gym tonight!

Brilliant place. not much else to say than that!

Ian, the owner, helped me with my snatches as i said i'd never done any before.

SO.....

1ST EVER SNATCH BASED SESSION (hence the crap weights)

Hang snatch
barxlots
30kgxlots
40x3
40x5
40x4
42.5x4
42.5x4

4's i hear you cry! i had no choice honest!! Grin

Snatch High pulls
60x5
65x3
65x3
65x3

we set a bar up here to make sure i was getting correct height. Ian reconed that if i could quite easily high pull to this height i should be able to snatch it. Time shall tell! - they all felt light.

Snatch balances
40x1
40x2
40x3

then i did assorted cleans with jerks

good fun!

VID FOR YOU -

» G.F.H. - Vegan Style - The Year of the Deadlift (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 21:27 
Hi Joni, hope your well!

Nice front squats!

I went to Fitlike gym today!! Amazing place! Ian is a nice guy, he thinks highly of you!

A vid will be appearing in my journal soon!

all the best

Tom
» Polish weightlifting (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 00:28 
Post Edited: 23.06.2008 @ 00:49 AM by BARBUDA
At roughly 8:44 in vid 6 does anyone know what exercise he is doing? with the plates strapped to him, feet on box and holding onto chin up bar?

Is it a scapula exercise - kinda looks like he is just doing depressions with his scapula. A lower trap/serratus anterior exercise maybe?

anyhoo - there a great series of vids!

EDIT: infact you can prob scrap what i wrote it may just be to decompress his spine?
» The Road To Scotland's Strongest Man Victory! (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 00:25 
BigKen said:
I train Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

There is a guy who does OL who trains there on M, W, F.

Its busy during the week, but today just me so music was nice and loud! Grin

Ha! nice one! When i went over Easter on a Thurs it was much the same - just me accompanied with rammstein!

I will def come by!
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)23-06-2008 @ 00:22 
Post Edited: 23.06.2008 @ 00:23 AM by BARBUDA

Cheers mate!

As ive said i really appreciate the advice and shall apply it!

Tomorrow the plan is to go in search of fitlike gym, which is no too far from me and has a platform!

Tom

Oh just to add i was i bit bored tonight so i did some box jumps (read: stair jumps)
» Polish weightlifting (Go to post)22-06-2008 @ 23:14 

» The Road To Scotland's Strongest Man Victory! (Go to post)22-06-2008 @ 21:34 
BigKen said:
Yeah mate, Im back in Aberdeen. When am I going to see you in Results?

This is a good question!

Am i right to think there is a night each week where there are OL coaches there? im sure i read that on the site a while back.

Your there M,W,F,SAT?

I heard it gets pretty busy M,W,F?

Thanks

Tom

You are here: HomeForumBARBUDA → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions