20x10
40x5
50x5

60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5

hooray, at last! 3 weeks ago i could only just about manage 5x3 with 60kg so im pleased with that progress! all the sets were easy today!

Then did some isometrics at forehead height where i usually get stuck

plenty of gay stuff afterwards.

Groin is pretty bad. Moving to Manchester tomorrow!!!!!
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)08-08-2008 @ 01:00 
Hi mate!

its been confirmed as a groin sprain on both bloody legs! can hardly bend down atm.

Not at all happy Unhappy

I really will try to get there, it would be great!

All the best

Tom
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)07-08-2008 @ 00:00 
Leg/groin what ever it is is still pooped. Im thinking a may be able to do some jerks soon, until then it will have to be strict OH work.

Maybe some "horizontal lying ohp" and gay stuff too!
» Alcohol dependant boy training Inspired by that Cuban Taekwondo guy who booted the ref in the head! (Go to post)05-08-2008 @ 19:07 
Seriously impressive!
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)05-08-2008 @ 18:00 
Cheers guys!

Bit of s**t news though -

ive badly pulled something on the inside of my leg - could be my groin, its up top. Walkings even painful! Really pissed off. I cant really bend down at all.

so that'll put operation front squat on hold.

Also yesterday i lost my wallet Unhappy

Start work in Manch on Monday so i'll hopefully see some of you soon! If i move in early enough i'll try and come to watch the comp!

Tom
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)02-08-2008 @ 20:33 
Post Edited: 02.08.2008 @ 20:33 PM by BARBUDA
OMG i am so sore after the sprints last night! i can hardly walk!

probably a bad idea to to squat......it shows!

fronties
barxlots
40x10
50x5
60x5
70x5
80x5
90x2 - legs died on me.

Cleans (propa' full cleans)
80x2
80x2
80x2
80x2
80x2

snatch pulls
80x2
80x2

then did some GM's with 80kg for sets of 12 and band pull throughs.

not the best...

I seriously need to get my front squat up - it cant be good when you can power clean more than you full clean. Confused
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)01-08-2008 @ 21:13 
Unable to get to the platform tonight due to transport problems.

so i did sprints on the beach instead

10x50m

3x100m - was gonna do 5 but my lungs felt like they were set to collapse.

BOAR would be proud of me.

Should probably do more of this sort of thing - it was enjoyable too as its a brilliant night here, suns out!
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)31-07-2008 @ 20:15 
Ha! quality vid Tony!

Are you using imoveHD on your new mac to do them?

I was really impressed with the strongman vid you put up! quality work considering you dont have a lot of event training under your belt yet and you were well under the weight limit.

Tom

p.s I got one of those music copyright e-mails from youtube the other day that you posted about. Strange.
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)30-07-2008 @ 11:03 
Wigan said:
BARBUDA said:
Top work Wigan!

I'm just wandering: back in the day did you train OL multiple times daily?

Your still making great progress training 3x weekly atm, was progress back then with loads of hours put in alot faster?

Tom

There was a spell when me and LittleA trained twice a day 6 days a week, heavy snatches or jerks in the morning, with front squats, and then snatch or jerks in the afternoon with back squats, it was very very hard work but we made good gains from it. suffice to say neither of us was working at the time so there was plenty of time for rest in between sessions and of course we were young so had the magical recovery powers of youth. This was only for maybe 6 weeks at a time, the majority of the time we would train 5 nights a week and probably a light(ish) one on a Sunday morning. I wouldn't my pace of training is any slower now than when i was 20, if it is just me and Andy on a bar it is a case of one off one on, bang bang, no messing and you can fly through a session.

Three times a week is plenty for me now, the recovery just isnt there to do any more without risking knee, elbow, wrist issues. Also the 'older' weightlifter will tend to concentrate more on the basics to build more strength rather than lots and lots of Oly movements.

My advice to you is to train how you feel, if you feel 5 nights a week is do-able then go for it, if 3 is more realistic then that's fine. Train how your body and your head tell you. Oh, and get your arse down to Adlington at some point so we can set Alan on you Grin

Thanks mate!

Haha, yeah i will get my ass down asap. I thought i may have been able to come to the comp but now it seems i dont start until a little later in the month so i will probably miss it.

Tom
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)30-07-2008 @ 00:59 
Wigan said:
You need to be squat cleaning when you do your clean and jerks mate, slipping into pwr cleaning them is a bad habit and will, long term, possibly do more harm than good. Power clean when you're on power cleans, and squat clean when you are on squat cleans, otherwise you'll mix yourself up and end up with a tendency to revert to trying to pwr clean it when things get tough...Wink

yep your def right there mate! I was being lazy i Eek .

cheers!

The Vid -

» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)29-07-2008 @ 20:58 
Todays training was a mixture of good and crap

crap snatches and good C & J's

Snatch
barxlots
30x3
40x3
50x3
55x3
60x3
65xf,1,f - lol, s**t
70xf
70xf
70xf
70xf

Haha! you cant mock my persiverance. It was there is was just not getting under the frigging bar!

Clean & Jerks - tbh most are power cleans - need to stop being lazy and actually clean properly
70x3
80x3
90x2
100x1 equal last weeks PB
105kg powerclean PB also - then i pretty much fainted so no jerk attempt.

Jerks were feeling strong today!

vid - will be here when s**tty youtube finally host it - ive been waiting almost 2 hours!!!!
» Guinness, murder and prostitutes (Go to post)28-07-2008 @ 00:45 
I wandered when we were going to get a update!

Glad all is still well - deads are looking strong!
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)28-07-2008 @ 00:36 
TODAYS TRAINING

Was not planning on training today but needed something to take my min of stuff. It failed.

power clean
40x3
50x3
60x3
70x3
80x3
90x3 - pb
100xf - **** attempt,
100x1 - Bit ugly tbh
90x2

snatch grip pull
90x3
90x3
90x3
90x3
90x3
» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)26-07-2008 @ 19:21 
Cheers for the advice Wigan!

Mark and Andy thank you both too! Happy

Well i realised on the way to the gym id forgotten my bloody shoes. Found a pair of Polish lifitng shoes 2 sizes to small lying about so i used them.

strict OHP - the aim was to get 60kg 5x5.
20x8
30x8
40x6
50x5

working sets
60x5 - PB
60x4 - s**t
60x5
60x4
60x4

oh well, its better than last time where i got 5x4.

Then for some reason i did some isometrics (im naughty i know) at my ohp sticking point ss with jerks.
3 sets of 10s pushing as hard as possible ss 60x3 jerks

Face pulls
30x15
35x10
35x12
35x10
35x10
35x12

then some terrible floor presses, all in all it was crap.

» Wanna-be lemon fresh (Go to post)24-07-2008 @ 14:00 
Hey guys!!

Thanks alot! i've wanted it for a while and after last weeks session where i could hardly get 90 OH i thought 100kg would be a long time in the making.

Wigan cheers for the tech advice, yeah i'll try and keep them in closer - i do seem to jump them out quite wide though as you say. The sort of duck foot position feels quite comfortable to me.

Also do you think straps are an essential bit of kit? ive never used any before as my grips never felt a lot like the limiting factor. I think there may be some lying about in the gym i can try. Can you still adopt a hook grip when using straps?

Cheers lads!

Tom

You are here: HomeForumBARBUDA → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions