REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 93 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumbertie → View All Posts

View All Posts: bertie

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

» TRAINING PARTNER LEEDS WANTED (Go to post)09-07-2012 @ 17:28 
JamieG said:
f**k my life i pay 35ppm for s**t equipment and loads of pretty boys.

This makes me smile. I only pay 100 a year. Mind i'm not interested in pretty boys, that's maybe whats bumping you're cost upGrin
» Newcastle Strongman (Go to post)03-07-2012 @ 12:04 
CookieFP said:Anywhere local to an NE1 postcode?

There's a one in Consett but a bit of a trek, and FSI in Battle Hill is decent but no stones. Am I destined to travel forever more for any proper training?

Consett isnt really that far to travel for a well equipped strongman gym, plus spartains have all the kit too. There's people on here travel nearly 2 hours each way for event training every week.
» 2 a kilo for pork shoulder joint.... (Go to post)03-07-2012 @ 12:02 
I get leg of pork for less than 2 a kilo. I do work in an abortoir though.Grin
» Strongman training in north Yorkshire? (Go to post)02-07-2012 @ 16:56 
I'd highly recommend Junction gym in wakefield. I've never trained there yet, but did a comp there yesterday, they've all the kit and its in good condition too, and the lads he had reffing/crewing seemed a great set too so they'll be helpful and a good set to train with.Happy
» JUnction Gym Summer Sizzler (July) (Go to post)01-07-2012 @ 20:39 
jamiea said:
Well done mate especially on the stone, they should have given you a step it was practically above your head

Thanks mate. I was pleased I got it. You did well all round, and was good to meet up with another fellow sugdener.
» JUnction Gym Summer Sizzler (July) (Go to post)01-07-2012 @ 17:22 
N_Denning said:
Your welcome and i know you came last but you did awesome really pal, there were a high level of competitors and all very supportive of each other Happy

Yeah there were a good set of lads. After all though it seems most strongmen are, its what make this one of the best sports to be in. Happy
» JUnction Gym Summer Sizzler (July) (Go to post)01-07-2012 @ 16:15 
Had a good day today even though i was last, it was a hard and heavy comp for me and on my limit with most events. It didnt help me dropping the axle on my leg either, but its given me a platform to work from and get myself stronger.

Thanks to Neil and his crew for the running it so well and cheering all the lads on to push harder. Mind i still say that stone platform is far too high and could of done with that leg up Grin
» JUnction Gym Summer Sizzler (July) (Go to post)30-06-2012 @ 20:29 
richieallen said:see yall on the battle field tommorow. Cool

See you there. Happy
» massage after straining your back on a max deadlift (Go to post)30-06-2012 @ 18:20 
Buy one of these> https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/clearance-sale/pvc-98cm-foam-roller....

Then look on you tube for vids on how to use it.
» Breakfast before competitions (Go to post)29-06-2012 @ 20:07 
I read a thread a while back where a couple of good strongmen said they have porridge on the morning of a comp. So it's ready brek for me on Sunday morning.
» Has anyone ever typed 'sugden' into google images before? (Go to post)29-06-2012 @ 14:04 
I did hesitate to do this when i saw it was Jack that started it off, however i'm glad i did. She's lovelyGrin
» Best Belt for an injury prone back! (Go to post)29-06-2012 @ 13:58 
Simeon said:
Just a good sports massage can work wonders!

I'll second that. Ask when booking if they do manipulation ( most good ones will), the one i go to not only will manipulate you're back into place, then massage you and do ultrasound on to take the swelling down, but will also tell you what to do to keep it in shape.
» JUnction Gym Summer Sizzler (July) (Go to post)28-06-2012 @ 20:03 
fatneck said:I'm out! Been holding out as long as possible but my wrist just isn't healing quick enough, I've got inflamed tendons/wrist flexors. Gutted Unhappy

Hope you heal fast mate.

I'm looking forward to this, I've been bad all week with cold and bad guts, but it's not killing my spirits I'll give it my best.
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)28-06-2012 @ 17:20 
Strengthshop said:
Unfortunately we found out the hard way that they could not stand up to the punishment we'd expect them to. Now redesigning them using different materials, so hopefully still sell them in the future. They looked awesome, but we just refunded the folk who already had them in full, so they got them for free, but they're really only suitable for 'exhibition' style lifting, as in squats, or situations where there is no or very little impact on them.
Now got about 20 on their way, but we will just give them away we think.

I'd gladly pay postage for a pair if you're giving them awayHappy
» 190 Log - Hixxy (Go to post)24-06-2012 @ 17:21 
Great press, looked like you had a bit more in the tank too.

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

You are here: HomeForumbertie → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto