REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 103 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumbertie → View All Posts

View All Posts: bertie

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

» Novice comp to run along side great harwood show (Go to post)10-04-2013 @ 15:02 
stan2013 said:Trophies 1st 2nd 3rd + t shirts hope there might be little bit of prize money

Sounds good. Looking forward to this already. I'll get my payment sent off at the weekend mate.
» Mid morning hunger (Go to post)10-04-2013 @ 12:38 
chaos said:
pea protein!

I've never tried it. Don't like the sound of it never mind the wind it would bring me Eek
» Mid morning hunger (Go to post)10-04-2013 @ 12:03 
Times when you're hungry and can't access anything else just keep a protein shake handy, most decent quality proteins taste okay with water so there should never be an excuse to go hungry.
» Squat shoes (Go to post)09-04-2013 @ 11:51 
MattD90 said:I do wonder how many people really "need" a heel after seeing this vid:

Funny that on the comp days there wearing weightlifting shoes with a heal though isn't it?
» Squat shoes (Go to post)09-04-2013 @ 09:56 
chaos said:Sound like a bunch of f**ktards!!! Some people squat better in converser flat shoes other people (like me and the mongs up in mongacaster) prefer shoes with heels!

Pretty sure if you sent them hixxy 300 x 6 squat vid they'd struggle to complain about form!

Personally I have the nike romaleo 2's and they're f**kin awesome! I can't squat heavy in flat shoe anymore!

I would of sent them that video or possibly a few, seems I'm wrong and they don't want a response as they blocked me. The to**ers.
» Squat shoes (Go to post)09-04-2013 @ 09:39 
What is you're preference of footware to squat in? I use Adidas ironworks 3 I feel they have a good heal and a firm base to both squat and do overhead in. Also would anyone of you recommend squatting in bare feet or shoes with a flat thin base without a heal in?

The reason I ask is I saw a post on Facebook from (Raw Power Gym Ware) last night advertising there new squat boots), I thought these could be a good investment as a boot would save you're ankles a bit on a comp day. So before buying a pair I asked if they had a flat base and a wedge in the heal. The response I got was the base is flat and wafer thin but they didn't have a heal in. After this I private messaged them saying IMO they'd do better marketing them for deadlifting as a risen heal is a must for squatting. The reply I got to this was "if anyone needs a heal in there footware for squatting there doing it wrong and have poor form, and to squat you should do it in bare feet or shoes with thin soles and no heal". They also said they had been lifting for 23 years and because of this they knew what they were talking about and I don't! I did try and reply to this but before I could I'd been blocked by them.
» Circus Dumbbell (Go to post)08-04-2013 @ 18:22 
jt said:
i have 2x69kg 180 each

5 is you're usual response!Tongue
» Novice comp to run along side great harwood show (Go to post)08-04-2013 @ 14:41 
Have you any ideas of the weights you're going to use for this?
» For sale or swap metal deadlift suit (Go to post)04-04-2013 @ 19:13 
How much are you looking to get for it?
» Elite strongman, North of England strongest man 2013(qualifier Aronlds 2013 (Go to post)28-03-2013 @ 12:25 
elitestrongman said:
lets make than heavier? as only bigger kegs/barrels are large blue ones used at WSM? which we have at yard?

Well it is a strongman comp Bob and an England's qualifier, they should be heavier. Grin
» Anybody got a link to any novice strongman comp results? (Go to post)27-03-2013 @ 19:08 
Kingdale said:
Leeds.

Go down to Junction on a Saturday and train strongman. They've everything you need and if Neil the owner is anything to go by you'll be training with a good set of lads.
» Elite strongman, North of England strongest man 2013(qualifier Aronlds 2013 (Go to post)26-03-2013 @ 15:57 
JC said:
No lol...I hate them Wink

I use them training week in week out mate an they get no better trust me. Wink
» The Junction Gym Champions of the Future 2013 (Go to post)24-03-2013 @ 21:48 
I'd like to thank Neil and his crew for a great and well run comp today. Only wish there were more like you putting shows on for us. Keep up the good work.
» Is there anywhere to practice strong man events around leeds? (Go to post)17-03-2013 @ 14:40 
Kingdale said:
cheers will have to get over there when i have got my lifts up a bit more.

You're static numbers are already there to be able to train with the kit mate.
» hardest decision of my life (Go to post)17-03-2013 @ 09:53 
I think you should go, after all if you do and don't like it you can always come back, however if you don't go you'll regret it for the rest of you're life.

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

You are here: HomeForumbertie → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto