REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 169 guests
You are here: HomeForumRickF → View All Posts

View All Posts: RickF

» Anyone got a squat suit for my 64kg size 10 girlfriend (Go to post)07-10-2013 @ 16:23 
Or know what will fit? she is keen to give it a go but doesn't want to spend loads to find she doesn't like equipped lifting, she has trained for a while and loves squatting...

I dont really know much about womens kit...
» Blood pressure (Go to post)07-10-2013 @ 09:15 
rossphillips said:Feel like I'm goin to pass out temp goes up sweating like f**k and generally feel s**t
And hands shaking

I used to think it was blood sugar levels so I would eat Loads Of chocolate

I usually get it an hour or so after eating fast food , and when I whent to my doctor last when my back whent my bp was 157/127 I think

Any 1 else have this

I get exactly this... but its not bloodpressure... I have no idea what it is though...
» Making improvements for next years contests (Go to post)05-09-2013 @ 19:22 
What rick is talking about was the welsh qualifier for giants live, he was unsure, he stepped up and got a wicked experiance and awesome tshirt!
» Making improvements for next years contests (Go to post)05-09-2013 @ 15:46 
Post Edited: 05.09.2013 @ 15:57 PM by RickF
I don't care how many people compete, as long as the best compete. them that want it WILL work for it. It's not a sport for everyone, it's a spectical.

I am Absolutly pants at it, but I accept the nature of the sport, get stuck in and place near the bottom. There is nothing wrong with loosing in an open, certainly more respectable than winning a novice when your 20 stone
» Making improvements for next years contests (Go to post)04-09-2013 @ 20:56 
VanillaGorilla said:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Not everyone is cut out for strongman.

"Ooh but not everyone can be 130kg or pull 300kg".

Yea, well not everyone can be a strongman.

I was pulling 240kg and putting 110kg overhead in my first novice competition and finished half way. You can't just step into competing in any sport without training.

If that takes 3 years of training and 20kg of weight gain in order to do a strongman show then so be it.

I'm not fit enough to run a marathon so lets make it 10 miles. Or do it on roller skates. Or give a head start according to bodyweight or training age. It's bo***cks.

This is exactly what I wanted to say with the added benefit of eloquence
» Making improvements for next years contests (Go to post)04-09-2013 @ 17:23 
I have to agree with a few of the people above, it's strongman, if your not strong, don't do it.

I don't really get the concept of 'noivice' comps. As its strongman, not strong but only to a point man.

First timers

Opens

Qualifiers and up.
» Oswestrys Strongest Man - Static Show Down (Go to post)01-09-2013 @ 17:50 
A chap from Great Yarmouth. I'm terrible with names, someone will pop along soon enough.
» K2 Strongest man 2014 (Go to post)30-08-2013 @ 17:43 
Very tempted
» Canvas squat suit (Go to post)24-08-2013 @ 18:05 
What kinda dollar you after?
» British Open Giants Live (Go to post)03-08-2013 @ 19:31 
Anyone got any Vids of Si J? 4th on the stones apparently, which is awesome in that line up
» British Open Giants Live (Go to post)29-07-2013 @ 21:02 
I think Si Johnson may suppose in the stones and movements events
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 21:22 
Martin_Jones said:
Complete rubbish.. you would of come if you could be bothered more like. You really need to get over this title crap. You've been on the scene all of two minutes and are already trying to control things. Sounds like you've been spending a bit too much time talking to Glenn Ross.
As agreed by someone else, who I won't mention - that a good sounding title is great for present and future sponsorship of both athletes and the event itself. It looks like Wales Most Powerful Man is here to stay in South Wales so it looks like you'll have to get over yourself and be supportive for a change.

I'm trying to get the atheleats paid, the events more tv time and media coverage more Clear.

I'm not interested in arguing about titles etc, I'm over that.

But there were two important comps in Wales this year that very nearly didn't happen, I stepped up to the mark and ran organised both the first ever giants live Wales, givin our boys our first clear and legitimate route to worlds strongest man. And Wales strongest man, which if I do say so my self, was a fantastic showing for the sport. (You can be the judge when it's on tv)

I don't expect people to agree with my every (or indeed any) words, but I would hope through my actions this year people can see that what I want is the best for the atheleats. I'm sure any of the guys competing at giants live or WSM will attest to that.

I did have Britains strongest man under 105 to run, but due to personal issues I don't have the time or money to do so, as a result of this, the first person I rang to offer the comp too was indeed Mark Stead. As Its in all our interests that it stays in Wales.

If I had an agender then the last person I would give such an important comp too would be these guys, but I saw what they were doing and felt that could do a good job.

If anyone has any issue with this, feel free to call me 07717500662.

The amount of time you have been aware of me with in the sport is irrelevant Martin, unless told otherwise, I feel I have worked damn hard.
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 18:38 
Sorry. I ment Martin Cee and terry Hollands and by the welsh, I ment Wales strongest man 2012
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 18:28 
anthonygriff said:
iam guessing no belt cleans pureley every comp i have done wiv martin or terry ref havent bn allowed mate

Martin and terry Allowed them at the welsh
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 18:22 
jones105 said:

it would of been good to see some of the northen lads to have mad the trip.its not secret that the 'title' was an issues but its just the name of the comp!!you could over called it 'bridgends strongest man' it would of been exactly the same...

I honestly think you would have got more faces if it had been called something different, I'm glad you had a good day, but I would have considered the drive if it had been a different title, the weights suited me and love being at comps with Martin cee mc'ing

You are here: HomeForumRickF → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions