REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 124 guests
You are here: HomeForumRick → View All Posts

View All Posts: Rick

12345678910 ... 615616617 ... 659660661662663664665666667668669

» The Legend of Toothpick (Go to post)06-08-2007 @ 20:13 
Originally posted by Rob...
Went to watch Transformers afterwards at Horwich, on the way back drove past a certain suave looking Doctor in assassin robes and matching sun-glasses at the round-about - gave him a wave but no response Unhappy

Only because I didn't see you, mate. Highly effective sunglasses, y'see.

Oh, and incidentally, I may have another contender for the infamous gay injuries thread - seem to have strained my elbow when my arm slipped opening a protein bar.

Good grief.
» World record bench vid (Go to post)06-08-2007 @ 20:10 
Unfortunately, Tony, we have to accept that the "clown feds" don't do the powerlifts, they do other things which are similar and which they call to choose by the same names. The BPC have cut back a bit on the silly-high squats, but in the end if you want proper judging then you're not likely to find it in the multiply untested feds.

Still incredibly impressive and good entertainment, but as already said, no pause, not fully locked out, not a proper comp bench. And that's before we start on the open-backed shirts.
» Guinness, murder and prostitutes (Go to post)06-08-2007 @ 20:05 
Originally posted by mishima...
To whom it may concern, that is to say whoever reads this log.

I'm being slightly pissed and bored with training these days. I havent talked to the coach about it yet, but i'm seriously considering dropping out with olympic lifting. Nothing pleases me anymore, i find it hard to take pleasure which is a shame since i'm progressing. I dont know what will happen, to be honest i'm even tired of the gym, lifters, coach, training.....Maybe i'll get back at tracks and fields or just fooking tele, i dont know....

Obviously it's up to you to do what you're going to enjoy, coz it's for damned sure there's no point otherwise. I would kill to be able to do what you do - I thoroughly subscribe to the Adlington motto "Olympic lifters do it because they can, powerlifters don't because they can't". Why not do what Andy does and have the winter powerlifting when it's hard to move fast, and the summer olympic lifting when it's different and fun?
» Raw is War (Go to post)06-08-2007 @ 19:59 
The sumo definitely looked to suit you.
» The Assassin (Go to post)06-08-2007 @ 19:48 
Post Edited: 06.08.2007 @ 20:14 PM
Monday 6th August, am, Moss Side

Swimming 64 lengths, under 70 minutes.

Monday 6th August, pm, Adlington

Squat 70x5x2, 115x3, 137.5x3x2, 140x3x3.

This was supposed to be 140x3x5 but I misread the little plates. Very happy with these.

Did a little bit of weighted ab work and some chatting, went home.

Peter squatted very nicely, Fred did nicely on bench, Aaron pulled interestingly in a sumo style, and Little A snatched very nicely indeed, with Wigan in support. A good day.

Single best moment for me: Jeff saying something along the lines of "it's hard to believe you ever had problems with squat depth". I could not have been happier.
» The Assassin (Go to post)05-08-2007 @ 17:11 
Sunday 5th August, Sugden

Standing Press 20x8, 60x5, 70x3x2. Not feeling too good today; it's very hot and sticky, and my back's tight.

Bench 20x8, 60x5, 80x3, 90x10x2.

This, on the other hand, was just excellent. I noticed that my shoulders started the first rep rotated further back than any other rep. Sorting this out not only made the first descent smooth (my big problem), but also allowed me to take the bar out myself easily. We'll see how this adjustment plays out with a real bar weight on Wednesday.

Facepulls some x15x3

Too hot to piss about with lat work.

Some fairly determined stretching has loosened my back up a lot again.
» Some unusual oly vids (Go to post)05-08-2007 @ 17:06 
True, but I think he's doing it as a training exercise Happy. Are the one-hand lifts still competition lifts anywhere?
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)04-08-2007 @ 17:30 
Looked very easy, but yes, you want another 2". As Boar says, a dig at the bottom will get you most of that, and it's not like that's a limit lift!
» Downtime Report (Go to post)04-08-2007 @ 15:54 
I assume they've now put the software in question in the default startup scripts?
» anyone fancy a go ?? (Go to post)04-08-2007 @ 15:41 
I look at the Adders carpark and think about cardio sleds...
» The Assassin (Go to post)04-08-2007 @ 15:36 
No plans, mate. I like lifting, not so sure I'd like competing. The many who nag me about this (that means you, Big Jim Wink) will probably wear me down eventually.

Friday 3rd August, am, Moss Side

Swimming a mile and a bit (66 lengths minus a little bit where I had to turn around early due to idiots wallowing across the width of the pool. Note to self: be even earlier on Fridays). A bit under 70 minutes, I think.

Friday 3rd August, pm, Adlington

Deadlift 60x8, 80x4, 100x3, 140x2, 160x1, 390#x1, 430#x1, 450#x1, 480# fail just below the knees, 390#x3 PB.

Ghey stuff a bit of ez curling and side laterals. Fun.

Alan adjusted my form slightly in the warmup set; I like the change, but it'll take a while before it's second nature. After I did the 160, he asked for my PB (212.5), and then took over; "I want to see how you do under pressure". Apparently I did ok. The 480 would have been a PB, but I lost the pull at the knee having slightly cocked up the startup. As I realised considerably later, the backoff triple was a PB, which is nice.

It was a lot of fun, and an incredibly quick session for me (about 40 minutes on deads, a long time pissing about afterwards though). Things learned:

- start with my hips a liittle higher and knees a little further forward
- hold the start position for a second before starting the pull
- just because your back feels a little tweak after a big miss doesn't mean it won't feel better after a backoff triple. Slightly tight now, but not bad.
- I can pull 450 for only the second time in my life having not even pulled 400 since April 10th
- I can work faster than I thought on deads

For those who don't understand lbs (the deadlift corner is mostly imperial), they were roughly 177.5, 195, 205, 218 fail, 177.5x3. For the benefit of concerned stinking ones, I should mention I pulled shoeless.
» New World Record Bench - 1,036lbs (Go to post)02-08-2007 @ 19:04 
You can't really tell much from that vid, can you... but if I'd seen it without context I'd've thought that was a lifter having the bar taken off him after he'd stuck trying to lock out. Waiting for a better look.
» stop being a whiney bitch (Go to post)02-08-2007 @ 16:51 
There's a bit of a knack to getting them up sitting - basically I sit down with them on my knees, and "kick" them up to the shoulder one at a time. You can quite easily handle 40kg+ with a bit of practice.
» The Assassin (Go to post)02-08-2007 @ 16:48 
Thursday 2nd August, Moss Side, am

Swimming At least a mile (64 lengths); lost count repeatedly and was pessimistic each time. Probably did 66 or 68, maybe as many as 72.
» The Assassin (Go to post)01-08-2007 @ 23:57 
I think pausing every rep if you're doing more than triples is an awfully long time to be under the bar in a set. I'm actually a bit all over the place with my pauses at the moment - sometimes I'm doing first reps, sometimes last, sometimes I'm probably forgetting. Fortunately a paused single doesn't seem to cost me much, if anything, over a touch and go one.

12345678910 ... 615616617 ... 659660661662663664665666667668669

You are here: HomeForumRick → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions