REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 148 guests
You are here: HomeForumOxman → View All Posts

View All Posts: Oxman

12345678910 ... 727 ... 728729730731732733734735736737738

» starting strongman :) (Go to post)16-01-2012 @ 16:13 
haydnward said:
lol. if u want the advantage, u gota give my left shoulder a bludy good yank when you shake my hand hehe

lol! Think the comps will hurt enough without all that bud! After my first comp i felt like death for a week, really hit me hard!
» mrbeige's road to..... (Go to post)16-01-2012 @ 16:08 
Post Edited: 16.01.2012 @ 16:09 PM by Oxman
mrbeige said:
I hadn't thought of that. They have a 57.5mm hole in them as it goes. I would worry about them cracking though. I do have one old steel space saver as well. I wonder if I could get another one and use those as bumper plates.....hmmmmm Wink

Its what i use stu, mine have these adaptors:

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/shop.html#wheel
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)16-01-2012 @ 15:52 
haydnward said:
yeah no doubt mate, and if we do, which foot did u crush so i know to stamp on it :P hehe jokes.

Lol! it was my left one Wink
» mrbeige's road to..... (Go to post)16-01-2012 @ 13:52 
Ha ha! Like the set up Stu!

Get some adapters and put them weheels on the bar - nice bumper plates! Fancier than my old tyre bumpers!
» Return to strongman. (Go to post)16-01-2012 @ 08:28 
35 mins fasted sscv
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)16-01-2012 @ 08:21 
haydnward said:
only the strong surviv
champions of the furute
midlands u105
englands most powerful u105
as long as i hit pb's in these shows id be happy, i know in midlands and most powerful im not hitting no top spots! lol

Best of luck with them all mate, no doubt we'll be meeting at some point!
» Return to strongman. (Go to post)15-01-2012 @ 18:47 
Event training

Axle FLTOH

31kg x 10
61kg x 2 (stricts)
71kg x 2 (pushes)
81kg x 1 (split jerks)
91kg x 1 (split jerk)
103.5kg x F BUT CONTINENTAL CLEAN PB
96kg x 2 (split jerks) rep pb

Lacking alot of explosiveness today but a few minor pb's, the 103.5kg continental clean felt pretty easy, reckon 110kg is there now. Its my overhead that once again is the weakness, need alot of work on triceps and delts for lockout. On the plus side also the jerks are feeling much better, once i get my lockout sorted and technique honed some more i should be able to break through 110kg. Would have done more volume but lacking explosiveness today so moved on.

18" deadlifts

125kg x 3
175kg x 3
225kg x 1
265kg x 1
280kg x 1 PB
282.5kg x F

Been chasing 280 for a while, wasn't really expecting today would be the day i got it due to lack of sleep/general feeling of weakness but got it! 282.5kg not going anywhere though lol! Next time, weird as the 280 felt easy tbh.

Sandbag loads

100kg x 7 onto 4' platform PB
100kg x 4 onto 4' 6" platform PB

Felt good, despit massive back pump from the deads. I need a 105kg atlas stone though now to start repping with. Looking like i may get one february.

Decided at this point i wanted to try some benching as not maxed out for a while on them

Raw Bench

75kg x 10
95kg x 5
105kg x 2
115kg x 1
127.5kg x 1 PB
130kg x F

Happy here, 127.5kg felt pretty easy, the 130kg failed half way up, next time no problem. At this point i put on my home made slingshot to overload my triceps:

Slingshot on

130kg x F damn! Still failed!
115kg x 2
110kg x 6
110kg x 5
110kg x 5

Love the slingshot! My triceps were really hit hard!
I think if i have time i'll be throwing in a bench day on its own each week as i remember the old days my overhead went up well as my bench did, from next week i may do it mondays. Really enjoyed benching today and elbows felt pretty good apart from during cleans.

Started out a poor session on limited sleep but ended up pretty good, considering everything, pleased with performance.
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)15-01-2012 @ 14:57 
haydnward said:
maybe its a sign! lol
im just lucky im young and years of hard martial arts training made me strong and flexible.
be interesting to see what i do in comp and as i got 4 this first year it shall be very interesting hehe.
what comps you got lined up buddy?

Planning on the midalnds under 105kg mate, not yet sent my form and fee in yet though!
Not expecting anything this year, hopefully be getting nearer the top next year!

4 comps?! Your going to be busy bud! Which ones?
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)15-01-2012 @ 14:32 
haydnward said:
Eek sweet jesus man!!! atleast you didnt loose your leg and your actualy able to do it!!! put a tiny bit of fear in me for my stones now! lol
sounds better than my injury tho 2 years ago, i tore my left shoulder out and f**ked it completely, during my lifeguard training! lol
but start slow and build back, i was told i might not get my pressing strenght back if at all, yet i can comfortably press weights above my head, if anything its one of my greatest atributes (and if you look at the numbers underneith my name, you will see squating is my weakest! lol)
im glad that your recovering and getting back into it man and hopfuly you will come back stronger than ever Happy

Cheers mate! Sounds like your bloody lucky to be doing any pressing then! I think we're both pretty damn lucky to be even training strongman, let alone competing in it!

Don't fear the stones, i'm the only person i've ever heard do it! Glad it wasn't the 140 i was using just before lol!!
» 140 axle FTOH second attempt fail : ( (Go to post)15-01-2012 @ 14:29 
Gra_Bul said:
cheers dude Happy aye it was close but felt heavy at the top didnt get the leg drive I was expecting.
I dont know what has spurred progress I generate a lot of leg drive, im good at loading and stones too so seem to be quite explosive at heavy weights, I think a lot of it has just come from not doing anything but jerks, I dont strict press and only push press maybe once a month if that, I do seated dbell press is all and bench, I seem to just beable to get the right amount of leg drive and dip, maybe good lever for pressing???? dont really know tbh, im just glad that Im nailing the cleans with little effort as thats what seems to cause most loss of energy when people attempt FTOH

Interesting, i've been focusing alot on push pressing, i think i may change my focus to jerks to see if it helps my overhead, my weakest event. Cheers for that mate and no doubt 160 will go this year!
» 140 axle FTOH second attempt fail : ( (Go to post)15-01-2012 @ 13:59 
Really really close to locking that!
I know your technique is very good on the split jerk, do you attribute all of your progress to this? What else has brought your overhead work up so much mate?
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)15-01-2012 @ 13:24 
haydnward said:
i find lock out ok, got strong tris and shoulders thankfully.
what injury did you have?

Dropped 120kg Atlas stone from head height (6 foot) onto my left foot. We'd been training sunday morning for a good few hours and it was my last lift of the day, lost my footing as i put the ball on the lip of the platform. 3-4 months in a wheelchair with talk of amputation and around 18 months before full mobility again i said i was done with strongman. Turned to bb training, lost 8 stone by last September, realised i missed it alot and hated the fact i'd lost so much strength so slowly getting back into it. Taken a while to get my nerve back with stones but getting there and with 3 1/2 months proper strength training have hit PB's i couldn't get at 20 stone! Taken a long time to come back,, it was a good 2 - 2 1/2 years for all swelling and pain to go!

Moral of the story - don't drop a atlas stone on your foot, most horrific pain i've ever experienced!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)14-01-2012 @ 20:22 
slimsim said:
Cheers Oxman and NO it wasn't fun! Lol
Milsy told me to pull the bar higher up to avoid that happening, so fingers crossed I'll not give myself too many more 'love bites' on my belly.....the missus might start asking questions! Grin
On a side note, I did a couple of hitler cleans after watching Fred Hicks video. They were nice but I'm not sure what the Polish lads in the gym thought about them. I was getting some very funny looksEek

Yeah i watched his video, i may try them, they look like they could really mess your neck up if you get it wrong though! Looks a good technique though.
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)14-01-2012 @ 20:19 
haydnward said:
definatly, i think there more about the technique, considering last time i tried them i got to 83, now 100, they going up nicely Happy
your oly power c+p should be going up soon then if u only 4kg away on the continentals?
aslong as i can do my competition weights on hit pb's at comps im not too bothered about my positioning this year, will be next year i go for podium spots so this years a learning and growing curve: any improvement is movement in the right direction, making me a happy chappy Happy

Cheers mate, mainly my lockout which is lacking now, so working hard on triceps, just wish i could nail the split jerks - i shall try again tomorrow!

Same for me regarding comps mate, just want to get back to competition, been 4 years this summer since my last before accident. Next year i'd like to be getting nearer the top spots (with luck)!

Best of luck with this year mate!
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)14-01-2012 @ 13:44 
haydnward said:
loving the red scarring/pinch marks im getting from catching skin on my belt and bar lol!!!
yeah not too bad, now ive got the hang of the technique, its just applying heavier weight to it now Happy
how about you bud? hows your training going?

Pretty good cheers mate, managed to get my continental clean and press up to 101kg - only 4kg under my power clean and press with oly bar so hopefully finally getting the hang of them! 110kg is next goal then onwards to 120kg.

Stick with it mate, the continentals will soon start to rocket!

12345678910 ... 727 ... 728729730731732733734735736737738

You are here: HomeForumOxman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions