REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 153 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 392393 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Look at this bench ROM (Go to post)20-12-2011 @ 15:33 
Well, I can appreciate her strength and flexibility to be able to bench like that, but Christ almighty, I couldn't watch lifting like that for more than about 5-minutes without being bored to death.

Her squats on the other hand, I could watch all day!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)20-12-2011 @ 15:08 
mrbeige said:
It actually focusses on improving speed off the floor, so may suit you well....clicky

Cheers for that Happy
I'm actually wondering though if I need to include the speed deadlift work though since I'm still doing plenty of cleans and snatches Confused It'd take me forever to do what I'm doing then include the speed work as well

19/12/11

Power Clean & Power Jerk
50 x5 - followed up an "aargggh, my f**king ankle's just gone"!!! Hobbled around for the next 10-mins before it loosened off a bit. It's still bothering me today though Unhappy It's not my achilles although it's like a tendon on the outside of my lower shin which kicks in when I got right up on my tiptoes.
50 x5 - tentatively
70 x5 + set of 3
80 x3
90 x3
100 3x3 - some of these power jerks were well s**tty and certainly wouldn't pass in a WL comp.......but that doesn't matter any more!! Grin

Deficit deadlifts - from 3"....errr ,forgot to take my WL shoes off as well so I'm calling it a 4" deficit
100 x6
140 x4
170 x3
190 3s 2r - fairly easy so quite pleased with them

strict press
50 x5
60 x5
70 5x5 - knackered by the last set. I actually thought they'd feel a lot easier than they did, but maybe it was because my power jerks included half a press!!! Roll-Eyes
» longest word in english dictionary (Go to post)20-12-2011 @ 00:38 
The question of disestablishment of the Church of England is still current, often tied with the position of the English monarch as "Supreme Governor" of the Church (see Act of Settlement 1701). Those who wish to continue the establishment of the Church of England are referred to as Antidisestablishmentarians.

The beauty of Wikipedia. Errrr, sorry if I've ruined your thread already!! Wink
» longest word in english dictionary (Go to post)20-12-2011 @ 00:29 
chaos said:floccinaucinihilipilification and disestablishmentarism are 2 of the longest words in the English language the former.meaning literally does not mean anything!

Question is what does the latter mean and can anyone think of a longer word? Apologies for s**t thread.but I'm bored Grin

Don't know what the latter means, but what about antidisestablishmentarianism, or it's lesser known variation antidisestablishmentarianismist?

Christ almighty, you must be bored!! Grin Wink
» Giants live (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 23:35 
Thing said:Sky+ and series linked awesome

I knew I had sky+ for a reason. It'll make a change to record something better than 'I'm a nobody get me out of here'!
» Gates's Log (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 17:00 
Alright mate. It's a week since your last update, have you not been able to really work round the neck/trap issue?
» 5/3/1 (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 16:55 
Hi wwjjfdtrwxhj (sorry, i can't remember how to spell your name without cutting and pastingRoll-Eyes )

That last set of deads does look brutal. Are you following a specific routine or do you just like high rep sets?
» Cycling - 'The Cleanest Sport'? (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 16:23 
ox said:I consider Darts to be the 'cleanest sport'. They are the opposite of cheats in a way. Competing at such a health & mental deficit due to all the fags, pies and ale yet still managing to hit 180's.

And even they've managed to catch at least one doper out......well, it was ganja, but he still failed a drugs test. I bet they're all bang at it with the betablockers too! Grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/6196506.stm

Begs the question, are there any tested sports were NOBODY has ever failed a drugs test?
» Goals for 2012 (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 14:20 
250kg deadlift by end of March - 270kg by end of the year

115kg strict overhead

That's all I'm bothered about at the moment!

(my 1 other goal is to stop watching people's video's on here thinking "that looks like a good idea" and then knacking myself!!)
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 14:14 
mrbeige said:
Pah, well I'm 35 in March, so...
I might have a go at them off the floor actually, I normally deadlift the bar on to my thighs, then switch grip. I think they are supposed to hurt your arms, otherwise you're not doing them properly LOL

I think I do the same as you....I just didn't explain it very well. I did "attempt" to get in a zercher position with the bar on the floor, but even I'm not short enough for that! Happy

250 by March 2012 should be achievable. Do you have any particular routine planned, or just ad libbing? Mate of mine had some good results with the Phillipi routine.

I was planning on ad-libbing. I've not really done any proper deadlifting for 6-years (plenty of clean pulls though) so I'm expecting my DL to increase fairly rapidly without too much focus. Then again, it'd probably give quicker results to stick with a programme.

Can you adapt it for different sticking points do you know? My main problem is breaking from the floor. If I can do that then I'll definitely finish the lift. But I don't fancy doing a full routine from a deficit.
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 12:33 
mrbeige said:
Ah right, I did wonder why your squat was so close to your deadlift! Good work either way. Happy
Written goals are good. Focuses the mind somewhat. Just don't be overly ambitious, as hard to reach goals are demoralising.
Some more very nice lifting going on. I love Zerchers. I do them off my knees, from a dead-stop. Love 'em.

At 35 I'm too old to be overly ambitious!! Grin

However, my aim is to increase my raw deadlift to 250kg by the end of March 2012....there we go, it's out in the public domain now Eek

Yeah, I was doing the zerchers from the floor, then to knees and then standing. I've got a feeling it was the lack of elbow sleeves that made it hurt so much.....or I'm just a pussy! (could quite easily be either reason)

Hopefully, I'll get a good few sets of deadlifts from a deficit tonight. I'm atrocious off the floor.
» my lifts from the commonwealth champs (Go to post)19-12-2011 @ 12:10 
Nice lifting pal. Glad to see you refrained from finishing your sentence when redlighted, "OH, F........."
» Goals raw squat 205kg bench 155kg deadlift 240kg total 600kg at M2 93kg (Go to post)18-12-2011 @ 23:50 
Congratulations on the medals Chris. Out of interest what made you change your mind from going for PB's?
» 410kg 18 inch dead (Go to post)17-12-2011 @ 10:43 
Lewisg said:You can see it in his training log. Sweet lift Chris!

Coolio. Cheers fella
» mrbeige's road to..... (Go to post)17-12-2011 @ 10:42 
mrbeige said:205kgs.....

Nice easy 205 that. Plus deadliest AND squat PB in the same session!! Pretty mental doing both in the same sesh let alone going for PB's in both.Eek

Looks like you might be needing to buy more weights soon. I'd say invest in some more 20's lol

12345678910 ... 392393 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions