REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 191 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 386387388 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» And now for something completely different (Go to post)14-01-2012 @ 10:45 
mrbeige said:
Oh, that should be easy enough. I think most people get between 15-40kgs increase. In fact you might find you get a touch more than you plan to.
Another solid session nonetheless, nice C&Js. Never done anything like that against the clock myself. I might have to on Sunday now LOL

Cheers dude, glad you've got faith in me.Grin

The timed C&J's were good fun, but 60's didn't seem very long at all. Then again, I was still blowing out of my arse afterwards so I don't think I'd have coped with 90 seconds. Maybe a bit of fitness work is in order!
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)13-01-2012 @ 22:41 
mrbeige said:
Oh, it'll work, I'm sure of it!
Some solid lifting over the last few days too. Nice work!

Cheers Beigey, I've not heard anyone say a bad thing about the routine so I'm expecting a least some gains. I've aimed to go from 235kg to 250kg so hopefully haven't pushed the envelope too far.

Tonights bit!

Call me daft, but I've been looking at the northern u90's qualifier and thinking it looks tempting....certainly not being able to do anything but lift the weights and not bomb on ever event. Soooooo, decided to do some c&j's against the clock!

c&j
40 2x4r
60 x3
80 x2
95 x2
95 x4 - 60 seconds
95 x5 - 60 seconds - thought I had 105 on bar for both of the timed sets!!! Roll-Eyes Unhappy
95 x1 - continental clean - first ever. It was on an oly bar, but even so Happy
95 x AAarrgghhhh - tried a continental and pinched all my flab against the belt. Talk about bloody painful! Milsy's told me "you get used to it"...yeah right!
105 x4 - 60 seconds - better do this seeing as I though the 95 was 105. Possibly could have managed 5 if it wasn't for the bumper plates bouncing all over the place

Front Squat
60 x3
90 x3
120 x3
140 3x2r - these felt pretty heavy after all the clean and jerks.

Bent over row - underhand grip
60 x8
80 x6
90 3x6r
90 x8 - changed to an underhand grip to help warm the biceps up a bit more for curls

Alternate d/bell curls
15 x8
25 3x5r

Plenty more foam rolling over the weekend!
» Inspiration: amputee powerlifter/strongwoman (Go to post)13-01-2012 @ 15:21 
Wow! Absolutely inspirational.
» Loz 340kg x 3 squat (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 22:37 
shanejer said:The end made my laugh lol

Grin

Me too, I had visions of Loz dressed up as a Bo Selecta Mel B lookalike. 'grrrr, ya minge teasing bas***ds ya'!!!

My mind does have a habit of going off on a tangent though!
» Will's Strongman Log (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 17:39 
Post Edited: 12.01.2012 @ 19:41 PM by slimsim
MrSmall said:[/You need to loosen your arms, you don't need to "hold" it in the full squat position.

Hi Will, I'd agree with Smalls. You need to have really flexible wrist to actually grip the bar in the racked position following a clean and the wraps you're wearing would probably restrict that even if you are flexible enough.

The other thing I'd try and do is get your elbows up faster. The bar's probably slipping off you a bit because you're very slightly bent forward when you catch it and your elbows aren't high enough to stop the bar natural rolling down your shoulders.

In relation to it being a power clean then front squat I think that's all good. Full cleans don't (I think) have much carryover to anything outside of weightlifting.

PS. I'd crap myself doing my oly lifts in a power rack! Grin
» Loz 340kg x 3 squat (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 16:13 
Awesome. He said on WSM that you'll not find him doing heavy squats in the gym. Does 340kg not qualify as heavy for him Eek
» starting strongman :) (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 14:58 
Alright mate, looks like things are really coming together on the events with PB's in pretty much everything Eek

I take it your back issue sorted itself out pretty quickly?
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 12:44 
MrSmall said:when you stop hurt on the foam roller, let me know Grin

I think having a pain free foam rolling session is more unlikely than you not getting any s**t off Boar for more than 24-hrs.........never gonna happen! Grin Wink
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 12:20 
Oxman said:Some nice training going on mate. Best of luck with the dead routine, worked a treat for me and i'm running it again now for a 2nd cycle, hoping to edge closer to a 600lb pull!

Nice events session there too mate, you'll learn loads there, could do with some of that myself!

Cheers fella, It was your mate mrbeige that suggested it to me so he's to blame if it fails!! Wink

I saw your gains from it and that just kinda cemented the fact that should give it a try.

I did learn loads on the events session, the main thing being that my bar strength didn't seem to count for a massive amount with these strange shaped objects. I just wish I could train the events a bit more than every 3-4 weeks, but such is life Roll-Eyes
» Harsh? (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 10:18 
Stetec said:Mate, I hate to say it but thats exactly what happened. A little more to it, one of my gay mates after I told him if he touched me again I'd break his finger had a word and told him I was straight. He was seen speaking to the manager, 2 minutes later I was frog marched out by the door staff. Anyway, old news really and maybe an isolated incident. And I've no doubt that you're correct that there have been incidences with homophobic dudes that have turned into trouble. But it's still a double standard that makes a segregation. You couldn't put a sign on a bars door saying straight people only even if you knew it was frequented by homophobic people. I know this because I did the doors in blackpool. And again it wouldn't be PC to have a straight march and who would want to anyway? It's that sort of behaviour that drives a wedge and doesn't help people straight or gay to just get on with it and let the others do their own thing.

Maybe it was the threat of breaking his fingers that got you thrown out, not the fact that you refused his advances Confused

I've worked on the doors at loads of gay bars/clubs in manchester and leeds and none of them had a gay only policy. However, the policy was that you had to be 100% gay friendly and not threaten violence if someone touched you up. It's to be expected to some degree in that environment.

I know loads of straight people who love the mardi gras in manchester. Whilst not quite a gay pride march it's very much a predominantly gay event, yet loads of straight people go. Why? Well, there's a really good atmosphere, good music, very little trouble and people get f**ked out of their faces on all sorts of drugs!!! Grin
» Return to strongman. (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 08:40 
Loads of cardio going on mate. Are you trying to get down to the 90's?

And I wish my missus would get exciting about some of my lifting!Unhappy
» Wayne says..... (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 00:44 
Was it the part about him "forcing" you to say that (whatever that was) in front of his bad-kneed, trucking mother that's lead to the apology? Grin Grin
» Deweakening (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 00:41 
I vote training option 1, with the military press instead of dips.

It works all the major muscles groups that you'll need to focus on but has a higher frequency so more overall volume than the second. I think that'll lead to more positive gains for you at this time.

Nice PB's on the bench, squat and deadlift!!!! triple whammy!
I'd just be conscious of doing 1rm pb's every sesh. It'll hammer your recovery. Just a thought, but you could just do 3rep and 5 rep PB's to keep the volume a bit higher but not quite killing yourself?
» And now for something completely different (Go to post)12-01-2012 @ 00:31 
Luke27 said:Gonna be following this closely really interested in Coan Deadlift routine!!

Cheers man, I've seen a few people have some good results with this on here and I'm useless at structuring my training myself so I thought I'd give it a go. It's only 10-weeks after all.

Snatch
40 x4
50 x2
65 x2
80 x1
85 3+3+2 - decided to try using the snatch element from the QWA 3/week intermediate programme. No idea if it'll improve my snatch without all the hang, power snatches and pulls but we'll see. These were nice and easy, felt really sharp and had good positions.

Strict Press
40 x5
60 x3
75 x2
82.5 2x2 - felt hard. I'm going to ease off on these until I do the Coan/Philippi programme but for shoulders starting in about 3-weeks. Hopefully, I'll have gotten use to the volume of shoulder involvement from benching, pressing and jerking Eek

Push Press
82.5 4x3r - these felt like I had just the right amount of leg drive so as not to jerk the weight but take some of the sting out of it

Back Squat
80 x8
120 x5
150 3x8r - these felt harder than the 2 sets with 160 the other week. Think I'm going have to start concentrating on my recovery a bit more.

Pulldowns
8,6,4 - slow controlled movement and held the bottom position to try and activate my lower traps (apparently they're pretty weak! :confusedHappy

Home - plenty of foam rolling on the hips and IT band. I want to know if this ever stops hurting cos it's bloody painful
» Time to Learn Weightlifting (Go to post)11-01-2012 @ 23:42 
Luke27 said:
What kind of fabric tape, do you mean put it on your thumbs ??Thanks for the tips v helpfull

The stuff I use is from Boots and called "stretch fabric strapping". I just wrap it round the end of the thumb a couple of times and then then finish by wrapping it round the middle joint of the thumb to stop it slipping off.

It's weird because it increases the circumference of the thumb so you'd think it would make it harder to use the hook grip but I don't find that's the case at all.

12345678910 ... 386387388 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions