REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 122 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 378379380 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» 2012 u90 northern ESM qualifier (Go to post)29-01-2012 @ 21:26 
Gra_Bul said:
Youve blown your element of surprise now Si lol now we know your coming all the training will step up a gear!!

And burn yourselves out!!!

s**t, I've REALLY given my game away now!!!

Grin
» 2012 u90 northern ESM qualifier (Go to post)29-01-2012 @ 21:22 
I'm just sat here quietly watching....waiting....then BOOM, the smack is well and truly going to get laid down!

Grin
» Motabilism (Go to post)29-01-2012 @ 20:08 
hrat said:Maybe you should talk to your Dr about thyroid issues then. Unless you're pretty off on the amounts you're eating, it sounds like you're doing everything right. That sucks. Sorry I've nothing more to offer.

I second this.

I've used some assumptions with the calculator linked below, as I don't know your age or height but your body should be burning probably at least 2,800kcals per day AT REST! Taking into account general moving about and your exericse regime this would probably add at least a further 1000kcals a day. (even sitting up burns significantly more calories than lying down which is the position adopted for the Basal Metabolic Rate)

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

If you're only consuming 2,100kcals/day then something is up. If your thyroid is underactive it is soooo easily to rectify that the weight could start dropping off you within a couple of weeks of treatment commencing.
» Best way to get rid of bicep pain?? (Go to post)29-01-2012 @ 16:18 
Post Edited: 29.01.2012 @ 16:21 PM by slimsim
If it's only just started and isn't too chronic why not just try taking ibuprofen for a couple of days? You could try ice packs on the affected area after training to stop any inflammation too.

I don't know if this is a stupid suggestion or not (which probably means it is) but before squatting would it be worth doing some light curls to warm up the bicep tendons a bit? If nothing else it'll pump up the gunz a little!Grin

EDIT: Milsy you t**t! I was hoping that I'd cottoned on to something ingenious and you go and type it first!!!
» Luke Corcoran 215kg Squat - Belt and Knee wraps only (Go to post)29-01-2012 @ 13:29 
Excellent work mate.
» Motabilism (Go to post)29-01-2012 @ 10:40 
Post Edited: 29.01.2012 @ 11:14 AM by slimsim
Hi Thing,
Personally I don't agree with the vit B injections. Whilst the B vitamins are heavily involved in energy production in the body if you were deficient in them it would be showing up in the form of peri-peri or pernicious anaemia.

T3 & T4 are thyroid hormones. They are great at speeding up the metabolism but not if you want to be classed as a natural athlete, which from other threads you seem to feel quite strongly about.

I'd recommend keeping a food diary to check exactly what you are consuming. When I used to compete in BBing I'd do this and sometimes it can be a bit of an eye opener cos I'd see a couple of biscuits here a bar of chocolate there which I never really thought about when condidering my calorie intake. Obviously, it only works if you're 100% honest about it.

Finally, if you can do some cardio I'd recommend doing it as late at night as possible. The body works on a 'circadian' rythm and metabolism naturally slows down at night so if you can help to prevent this great. Also try and make the cardio fairly intense as this leads to an increased metabolism for longer after the exercise has ended.

Good luck
Si

EDIT: beri-beri, not peri-peri. There are 0 spicy sauces associated with vitamin b deficiency!!Roll-Eyes Grin
» so angry (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 19:06 
Problem is that the majority who spout that s**t think they are right!Roll-Eyes they'll probably want to charge you the earth for a PT session to teach you how to squat on a Swiss ball using the smith machine!!
» Personalised number plates (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 18:53 
I don't think wa**er when I see someone with one, except the guy who had B7CEP and he wasn't particularly big either!!!

I just think it's another possession for those with a decent level of disposable income to spend their cash on. As long as the car is half decent in the first place which I'm sure yours will be. When someone's driving a banger this a private reg I think it looks odd.
» The Thriller From Vanilla Gorilla (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 16:14 
I was wondering about the puny dumbbell work before I read the bit at the bottom. Even I can do more than that!!Grin

Whenever I hear about someone loading a stone like 180kg I think 'that was the heaviest stone in WSM a couple of years ago', which kinda puts it into perspective of just how big a feat it is.

Good work VG Happy
» Gentlemens Club. (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 14:49 
Ben_F said:I went to a fundraising "gentlemans evening" once... saw some things I really wish I hadn't!

Don't leave us hanging..........
» bit of a random one but input please... (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 13:46 
I agree with youngbuck in that it could really hurt your wrists. To do a 'proper' snatch the bar needs to rotate. I've used cheap bars in the past that rotate much not very freely and after a few I could really feel it straining the wrists.
» milfs? (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 17:50 
much better to have a nice firm piece of ass than one that squidges around when you squeeze it IMO.
» Chicken (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 17:40 
I often cook chicken by coating it in spicy fajita seasoning and then wrap it in foil before baking it. You'd still have to eat it cold (unless you use the kettle trick) but at least it takes away the blandness of the chicken taste.
» Friday Treat (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 17:32 
GATES said:i would suck a fart out of all there arses

This is the only acceptable answer I've seen!

x2
» does anybody worry about there health (Go to post)27-01-2012 @ 17:21 
kirkynick said:
I'm trying my hardest now to make a list of 28 strongmen who prolapsed their anuses... bear with meGrin

oh God NOoooooooooo!

Grin Grin

12345678910 ... 378379380 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions