REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 187 guests
You are here: HomeForumKarl → View All Posts

View All Posts: Karl

» Kettlebells (Go to post)01-07-2012 @ 22:01 
AKBC said: What are you hoping to get from it though?

Just wanting to keep in some sort of shape, not lose too much strength and avoid becoming another big fat burden on society!

Cheers for the advice everyone, where's the best place to get ideas for different exercises / info on technique?
» Kettlebells (Go to post)28-06-2012 @ 18:23 
Finding time to get to the gym more than once / twice a week has been a nightmare lately, so in an effort to avoid becoming totally weak, fat and useless, I'm trying to come up with a way to train at home as and when I can't get to the gym. No garage and not a lot of spending money have led me to think that kettlebells might be the way forward. I've had a 28kg bell for a while now, but feel like something heavier would be more effective. Does anyone use kettlebells much? what sort of weight would you advise? (40kg for about £60 on ebay... unless anyone knows of a better price?)

Also, what exercises do you find most effective?
» Giants live British champs events (Go to post)27-05-2012 @ 22:11 
Was quite a day yesterday, with extremes of both positive and negative experiences. Really hope Jamie is doing Ok, and would be good to get updates as soon as anyone knows how he is. Paramedics and doctor did a brilliant job yesterday.

Competing in the juniors was a brilliant experience, loading was ridiculously heavy but was pleased to complete it, even as slowly as I did.

Being there for BSM was great fun, and quite a privilege to see such a huge amount of British talent all in one comp. Some truly epic performances from Loz and Hixxy, the presence of British athletes at WSM is going to be felt this year more than ever.

Was interesting to see who the real "sportsmen" are, was a perfect opportunity yesterday to throw toys out of the pram and blame the change in events for a poor performance, but was impressed to see that for most this wasn't the case.
» 2012 Bodypower - the no BS thread (Go to post)22-05-2012 @ 14:36 
Good comp, was a great time, just wish i hadn't been greedy on the Yoke and gone faster than i could cope with... resulting in a 2 drops and finishing last! oh well, lesson learnt! Thanks for the hard work denny!
» 2012 Bodypower - the no BS thread (Go to post)22-05-2012 @ 13:06 
Novice results

Shaun Arling 57pts 1st

Richard Minney 52pts 2nd

John Johnson 50.5pts 3rd

Pete Wakefield 49.5pts

Jimmy Morter 41pts

Lewis Mitchell 41pts

Neil Denning 41pts

Chris Astle 40pts

Egilis Blums 36pts

Leo Filipiak 31.5pts

Karl Ramsbottom 26.5pts

Chris Withers 24pts

Bill Moors 16.5pts

Roger Pearce 11.5pts

Simon Knowles 8pts
» new rolling thunder world record (Go to post)20-05-2012 @ 21:09 
Very impressive, but the fact he did it while injured and using crutches to get around makes it superhuman! Well done Mark
» Avengers Movie (Go to post)19-05-2012 @ 15:57 
http://www.kidsinmind.com/a/avengers.htm - this site is very handy, gives details of anything you mght not want the kids seeing/hearing in a film
» Overhead Shotput (Go to post)08-05-2012 @ 22:03 
RyanH said:

Wondering if anyone can give advice?

Make sure there's no one walking behind you before you throw???

On a more serious note, that's some impressive throwing, what's the benefit of that throw though?
» Samsung Galaxy S3 UK Launch (Go to post)03-05-2012 @ 19:17 
Rick said:
He uses one of those belt holster things, because he doesn't give a s**t what people think. Quite right too.

Haha that's brilliant! Why stop at just a tablet though, I'm thinking a fully equipped utility belt would be quite handy
» General_ill Vs The Frankenbell (Go to post)01-05-2012 @ 18:49 
now that's persistence! good work
» The Royal Counties Strongest Man 2012 Novice and Opens Comps (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 16:39 
That's ace thanks Craig
» The Royal Counties Strongest Man 2012 Novice and Opens Comps (Go to post)30-04-2012 @ 14:33 
Any chance you could post the results Craig? Would be interested to see how we did on each event
» Samsung Galaxy S3 UK Launch (Go to post)29-04-2012 @ 20:37 
Rick said:
A friend of mine had been using a 7" Galaxy Tab as his phone for a couple of years now. Does make sense for the increasingly typical user who hardly ever talks on it but does a lot of internet stuff.

I've toyed with the idea myself, but the note is on the limits of pocket size, so a 7" tablet seems like it would be a bit of a hassle to carry around
» Samsung Galaxy S3 UK Launch (Go to post)29-04-2012 @ 15:29 
After a few months with my galaxy note there's no turning back - I'll never be able to have a Normal sized phone again! But apart from the fat finger friendly size, its very good, can't fault it in any way. Brilliant bit of kit.
» The Royal Counties Strongest Man 2012 Novice and Opens Comps (Go to post)22-04-2012 @ 19:08 
Great comp Craig, thanks! Was my first comp and had a great time, despite the weather!

You are here: HomeForumKarl → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions