REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 156 guests
You are here: HomeForumsimon_knowles → View All Posts

View All Posts: simon_knowles

» Pros and cons (Go to post)03-03-2014 @ 19:27 
JohnGym said:
herman said:There is no negative.

Can get a bit expensive if you want free range ones. But they are pretty much the perfect muscle building food enclosed in a natural container.

They are loaded with amino acids. In fact the bio-availability of protein sources is based around the egg, with it being 100% every other natural food is lower.

/ Exactly this.

theyre also very tasty and versatile. forgot that.
» Shitty food cravings... (Go to post)27-02-2014 @ 19:56 
Wiegieboard said:
This is THE number one thing that lifting has done for me. Since I got over 90kg I never get bother. It's improved the quality of my life immensely.

it can be a double edged sword, being as im usually the biggest bloke out in bumf**k mansfield, you usually get some little nob in the chippy queue doing the "ill show them, ill start on the biggest bloke here" thing, its just bloody annoying.
» Shitty food cravings... (Go to post)27-02-2014 @ 18:48 
ben and jerrys. always always kills me. especially now you can get peanut butter cup over here.
» Conditioning and stuff (Go to post)23-02-2014 @ 21:54 
i inherited a bike from my uncle, so i do 15km in as quick a time as i can with the highest resistance i can stand. usually works out at about 45 mins or so.

i do this on average 3 or 4 times a week, first thing in the morning, and feel a lot better when i stick to it.
» Smith machine squat fail (Go to post)06-02-2014 @ 14:42 
Wiegieboard said:As soon as I saw the pad on the bar....

Or the gloves for squatting
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)02-02-2014 @ 01:29 
PAGAN said:Ten cans and a 10" 'Explosive' pizza with chips and garlic sauce. Living the dream.

8 cans of cider, two for £5 pizzas from tesco and two peanut butter cups tubs of ben and jerrys. f**k the diet, its saturday!
» elite strongman Southern + midlands qualifier (Go to post)30-01-2014 @ 15:16 
elitestrongman said:athletes confirmed (entry fee and form returned)

1: Richard Fuller
2: Samuel Duthie
3: Paul Cater
4: Lloyed Jarvis

We had 21 requests for entry forms and only 4 returned

mines on the way tomorrow mate, it was only pay day yesterday! lol
» Doing the whole stack (Go to post)30-01-2014 @ 15:15 
leg curl in my old gym i was repping the stack for 20 odd reps

current gym, im at about 2/3 for 5-8.

the biggest problem with pin select machines is how heavy is each increment? they seem to work in a universal mystery gym unit that no ones allowed to know.

that said, feels good to move that pin to the bottom each time!
» Metal/Hardcore/Alternative Music Thread (Go to post)22-01-2014 @ 04:49 
Prodigy I don't fancy, but I'm a big Metallica can and I'm gay for iron maiden, so that does it for me!

Gorjira will be awesome, as will mastodon, but it's the addition of chas and save that lock it in!!
» Metal/Hardcore/Alternative Music Thread (Go to post)21-01-2014 @ 23:59 
JonA81 said:
Havent been to Bloodstock in years, it was indoors @ the assembly rooms in Derby last time I went.
Much more power metal on the bill back then!

always said i was gonan go when it was more power metal, finally got my act together ready to go and it turned less and less since!

talking of festivals, sonisphere is looking more and more tasty this year for me.
» Smith Machines (Go to post)20-01-2014 @ 22:14 
herman said:There was some guy on here that posted a 260kg (or perhaps more) smith machine bench press on here. A bodybuilder who was pondering entering bench comps.

i remember that!

i used to do the bent over rows in there terry style, i felt the actual excersize was good,in terms of the contraction, but i couldn't use enough weights what with the bar being locked.

shoulder pressing with the bands in there i find pretty good, takes out the stability issues you can get with the bands and really hammers the triceps.
» Beard help. (Go to post)18-01-2014 @ 17:58 
conditioner is the key, that and regularish combing! if i didnt comb mine it looked like crap, went all dense instead of long.

you know youre winning at beard when you can see it without looking for it, the first time you get thats a satisfying moment.
» Whats more dangerous, crossfit or strongman? (Go to post)16-01-2014 @ 18:12 
any injury like this is tragic, no matter what the sport, and as previously stated, any sport has inherent risks. I know a guy who snapped his Achilles playing badminton ffs.

that being said, from what ive seen and where ive trained, the number of enthusiastic amateurs doing crossfit without a clue what they're doing is much higher than the number of people doing strongman. i think this is more down to lack of kit in a lot of gyms for strongman, where as you can cater a lot of normal gym kit to a crossfit style program.
» Kit For Sale (Go to post)14-01-2014 @ 00:27 
PM sent
» elite strongman Southern + midlands qualifier (Go to post)09-01-2014 @ 22:19 
can you put me down for this please stan? cheers.

You are here: HomeForumsimon_knowles → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions