REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 142 guests
You are here: HomeForumbig_mike → View All Posts

View All Posts: big_mike

» Oly Lifting Belt (Go to post)20-04-2012 @ 20:40 
milsy said:
At this early stage would it not be more beneficial to dial in your technique so you catch the bar in a better position then move onto a program of Maxing out if the tech isn't there you could be heading towards a brick wall not saying you shouldn't get and use a belt just something to bare in mind

Good post milsy. Work on technique deficiencies first
» Squat and deadlift twice a week? (Go to post)18-04-2012 @ 16:03 
Cheers for the replies lads. It sounds like it could be worth giving a go. As slimsim said I'll probably just do speed deads on Friday upto about 70%. Thanks again
» Squat and deadlift twice a week? (Go to post)18-04-2012 @ 14:40 
Cheers fazc. I'm about 10% BF at mo so don't really need to diet down I just want to get bigger if you know what I mean.
The main thing is getting stronger though. So you think this routine would be ok for strength and size
» Squat and deadlift twice a week? (Go to post)18-04-2012 @ 14:00 
I was thinking of trying out squatting and deadlifting twice a week. Here's what I'm thinking:

Monday: flat bench, chest assistance (flyes, incline dumbell press etc.), squat upto 3 rep max
Tuesday: deadlift upto 2-3 rep max, back assistance (rows etc)
Wednesday: rest or boxing
Thursday: standing press, shoulder assistance, squat (just plan on going by feel as to intensity)
Friday: arms, deadlift (once again just go by feel)

I'm looking for strength but also a bit of hypertrophy as I'm going on holiday with the boys in a few months. What do you guys think? Decent routine or terrible?
» Best strength athletes of all time (Go to post)05-04-2012 @ 17:42 
Big Z. Strongest man that has ever lived
» natural strongman (Go to post)05-04-2012 @ 10:56 
thosebananas said:
I would say they are tested because the comp is on tv, a huge deal around the world and it reduces the chance of someone collapsing/heart attack etc on tv which will do damage to the image. It is a business after all.

I was gonna say the same thing as to why they test for rec drugs but I couldn't be arsed typing it.
I also think it's a token effort on the organisers part to appear 'regulated' if you know what I mean, seeing as it is quite mainstream.
I just wanna state that I have no problem with not testing for PED's as it's not billed as a natural comp.
» natural strongman (Go to post)05-04-2012 @ 10:38 
Why the f**k would they test for PED's at WSM? It's never been insinuated that it's a natural contest, it's like the ifbb in that they don't test for juice. We all know they are on something so why test.
But I agree if a comp is billed as natural then they must test the competitors. You can't just take someone's word for it as people cheat.
» Blaine Sumner Worlds Record ipf Raw Squat (Go to post)03-04-2012 @ 17:49 
Im assuming they failed 465 on depth? if so it was very close.
Whats he deadlift? anyone know?
» Routine help!!! I'm stuck... (Go to post)22-03-2012 @ 06:53 
bigbadbish said:How about you tell them to BEAT IT and stick to what you're used to. If its working for you thats all that matters. Don't switch your training around for anyone. Just because they're hitting 1RMs frequently doesn't mean you have to.

As long as you keep getting stronger keep the cardio. Once the strength gains slow down or you get stuck maybe think about your CV training and if reducing it would benifit your strength work.

^this
» Away from work/training - What else do you do/are you into? (Go to post)22-03-2012 @ 06:48 
Go on the piss basically although im planning on going out on the bike in the summer
» milk. (Go to post)20-03-2012 @ 08:57 
Blue. I only drink about a litre a day though
» MacDOnalds (Go to post)19-03-2012 @ 16:42 
I normally get 4 double cheeseburgers, 3 medium fries and a diet sprite because im getting ripped
» modified sheiko bench routine? (Go to post)15-03-2012 @ 19:59 
Looks good mate. Alot of volume obviously but its worth a try. I may have a go myself at somepoint, Ive been looking at Sheiko for a while
» Fantasy WSM Final Events (Go to post)15-03-2012 @ 19:51 
Post Edited: 15.03.2012 @ 19:54 PM by big_mike
Day 1
Farmers Walk 190kg each hand 40M
Maximum Metal Log Press
Truck pull

Day 2
Max Deadlift (800lb opening weight/straps and belt only)
Viking press Max reps (165kg)
Yoke Race (30M/500kg)

Final day
Max squat (set up like last year)
Circus Dumbell (110kg)
Stones (to finish as usual)

Possibly too much overhead work but it varies (Max/reps/dumbell)
» 350kg Bench Press Junior IPF (Go to post)16-11-2011 @ 23:44 
Began the press before instructed! Fail!

You are here: HomeForumbig_mike → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions