REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 187 guests
You are here: HomeForumhappychristo → View All Posts

View All Posts: happychristo

» Next era? (Go to post)21-10-2011 @ 14:20 
Post Edited: 21.10.2011 @ 14:21 PM by happychristo
Oh right I'm not from UK didn't realise he had decided to opt out. I suspect this quandary was playing on his mind too..
» Next era? (Go to post)21-10-2011 @ 12:02 
I see houses listed in papers as being from certain eras such as: Georgian ,Victorian, Edwardian, Victorian, ....Williamite

What'll Charles' era be called, nothing seems to roll of the tongue.

Charlonian, Charloton, Charlite don't seem very likely.
» Age and Training (Go to post)13-10-2011 @ 11:55 
I love training.

As long as I enjoy it I will continue to train.
» daily food during the working week (Go to post)30-09-2011 @ 15:38 
Post Edited: 30.09.2011 @ 15:40 PM by happychristo
Have this a few times a day:

Handful of Tesco mixed nuts with raisins, few slices of cheese, cup of natural yoghurt with tinned peaches, pineapples other soft fruits. Square or two of very dark chocolate. Cup of 100% cocoa with water

For diner usually curry cooked in Casserole pot, takes 15 minutes to prepare but long time to cook, lasts for 3-4 days.

1 or 2 lbs shoulder of lamb,couple of chicken breasts, 2 onions, 3 cloves garlic, heaped tablespoon each of turmeric Cayenne pepper, and Cumin. Bit of ground ginger, chilli powder to taste, about 10 cloves. Brown the meat, then fire in Veg, I use broccoli, 3 peppers, cucumber and anything else that is floating around, sometimes coconut paste dissolved in water. Fire in tin or two of chopped tomatoes put in oven for 3-5 hours at 150 degrees.
» Goals (Go to post)27-09-2011 @ 12:43 
Post Edited: 27.09.2011 @ 12:44 PM by happychristo
I think the 180kg bench and 300kg deadlift would both be tremendous achievements. To me the squat isn't on the same level.

I guess it depends on what is meant by the average guy. I'm presuming this average guy has a great interest in training and is very focused on achieving these goals; he's a hard worker.

I think below a certain bodyweight the average guy would never achieve any of the numbers mentioned. I think ~100kg would be the lightest that the deadlift and bench numbers could be repeatedly achieved by these tenacious but average guys.

So yes in theory I think that the average guy could expect to achieve these goals.

In reality though the average guy will get injured, get married, raise a family etc, do all the other things that will probably be higher on his list of priorities, all of which will prevent him from reaching the numbers mentioned.
» Customer care (Go to post)14-09-2011 @ 14:47 
Don't put my change on the counter, hand it to me, otherwise I won't be buying anything in your shop again.
» fantasy WSM! (Go to post)26-08-2011 @ 18:52 
Post Edited: 26.08.2011 @ 18:57 PM by happychristo
Obviously not a prediction given some of the names I included, but it's what I'd like to see.

1. Lalas
2. Savickas
3. Pudzianowski
4. Koklyaev
5. Hollands
6. Shahlaei
7. Shaw
8. Poundstone
9. Ortmayer
10. Arild Haugen

1. Farmers and drag medley: timed race, all ten side by side
2. Power Stairs
3. Arm-over-arm pull
4. Car deadlft, not side handles
5. Axle for reps
6. 1 arm weight throw for max height ( don't know the proper name)
7. Stones
» You know you're a strength addict when... (Go to post)17-08-2011 @ 11:21 
On holiday:

You are concerned about how much strength you will lose while on holidays.

You make sure to have a massive last session before you go on holidays, on the morning of your flight if at all possible, hoping that it will tide you over until your return.

On Morality:

You wish that more people would enjoy the world of the power lifts as much as you do, but at the same time realise that this would mean that the usually empty racks would be occupied more often.

On altered perception:

You are concerned about how thin peoples' limbs are, where previously you had no such concern.

You are here: HomeForumhappychristo → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions