REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 54 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBenvie → View All Posts

View All Posts: Benvie

12345678910 ... ... 260261262263264265266267268269270

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)15-08-2016 @ 18:23 
MJG said:
With Licis performing so well it will be close. I think Licis and Felix are better than Belsak at stones so he may struggle.

Belsak has dumbell to come though and should win that event comfortably. Double points on stones could still be crucial as luke stoltman is no joke on stones either so could come between belsak and Felix.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)15-08-2016 @ 18:20 
billynomates said:How many reps will Eddie do on the 360kg car deadlift? Could prob do near 20 if he had to!

I can't see it being anywhere near 360kg in the hands as janashia got 10 reps. He is a great deadlifter but not 10 reps at 360 great I don't think.

Hall has the luxury of going near the end so will pull as many as he has to and stop I'd imagine.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)15-08-2016 @ 18:15 
MJG said:Eddie is way better at stones than Best.

I also seem to remember best being pretty poor at viking press.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)14-08-2016 @ 21:07 
MJG said:
Pinio31 said:
I like Belsak a lot I think he's got great potential as future in strongman, however to say that he would sail thru group5 if he was in place of Kieliszkowski is a little exaggerated
NOBODY sails thru the group with Brian in it

Kieliszkowski is sailing through it.

Two from each group to the final mean it doesn't matter if you have Shaw in the group as long as you are stronger than the other 4 guys.

Group 1 is the toughest to qualify from and Group 5 is the easiest.

This summed up what I meant nicely. Other than Shaw there are no guys in that group who would make a realistic challenge for the final in any group (other than kieliszkowski obviously).
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)14-08-2016 @ 19:59 
MJG said:Licis is a major shock for me.

He's been posting loads of training videos for months and nothing suggested to me that he was in this kind of shape.

Yeah he's been surprisingly good so far however I think the static stuff is where he will start to lose points. Oberst withdrawing will help him limit his losses there though. Looks like that group could come down to the stones (especially with double points on offer). It's good to see though as a couple of other groups look boring with two finalists streets ahead of the rest.

Must say I kinda feel for belsak. Twice he's been at wsm and both times he's had the toughest qualifying group. Can't help but think if you swapped him with kieliszkowski he'd sail through group 5 and barely break sweat.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)14-08-2016 @ 07:32 
SimonD said:In case people haven't spotted it, Thor's loading

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.facebook.com/1000021628011...

A very impressive display, not a fan of folk celebrating before the end of an event though. I always think it comes across as a bit arrogant and disrespectful to the other competitors.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)13-08-2016 @ 16:17 
Craig_Pfisterer said:Looks like Oberst is still in as he got second on hercules hold behind Felix.

Is it possible he did his bicep on the hercules hold rather than loading and we were just misinformed? I know I certainly wouldn't be stepping up to do that event with a torn bicep.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)13-08-2016 @ 15:59 
Didn't expect arsjo to be last in his group after two events. All super close in that group though and any of them could end up going through. Good to see luke stoltman holding his own in his first wsm.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)13-08-2016 @ 12:53 
CraigApp said:So The loading not going well for us so far then.

Luke stoltman did well at it in his group I believe.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)13-08-2016 @ 11:38 
Post Edited: 13.08.2016 @ 11:39 AM by Benvie
KevC86 said:
I think Felixs group is about the toughest to call. Arsjo seems a shoe in after his display at europes, but 2nd place should be a real battle. Felix could drop points on the squat, and he doesnt excel on fingals, but he is a solid DB presser (not belsak good, but he could beat the rest of the field) and the other events should suit him.

It was the dumbell that I was thinking would clinch it for belsak as I'd be very shocked if he didn't win that event with arsjo in second. Otherwise I think they are relatively evenly matched. Still wouldn't be a massive shock for Felix to qualify.

Groups 1 and 2 seem to be the only ones that don't have two obvious favourites who are all but guaranteed to make the final. Hollands and shahlei in particular have pretty straightforward groups, hopefully that means they can conserve some energy and be fresher for the final.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)13-08-2016 @ 08:51 
dannyboy73 said:Looks good for Hall, Sharli and Hollands. Mr Felix has a very high chance of making the final as well...

As much as I like Felix i think belsak will likely make the final ahead of him. I think bish is more likely to make the final from his group.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)12-08-2016 @ 01:29 
josh_ains said:
eventually cleans will jump up and take far less out of him to ensure he gets a alltime log pb imo

I think it is more likely that radz will be the man to beat zydrunas' log record if he can stay healthy. Hall may well get there too though, depends how much longer he continues competing/how much he concentrates on log.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 19:06 
MJG said:
Pudz has more WSM titles and IMO put in the greatest single performances in a strongman contest ever. His domination of the field at WSM 2003.
Z is still the greatest strongman of all time.

That was a great performance from mariusz but I think that zydrunas' performance in the 2009 final was even better. Admittedly he did have one bad event with the arm over arm but I think he never looked like losing that year in what was probably a stronger field (more multiple wsm winners and poundstone back when he was near his peak) and z looked like he was cruising along at times.

As good as the field was in 2003 there were a few guys there like karlsen, virtanen and samuelson who were getting to be past their peak by that point. Still impressive how easy mariusz made everything look though.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 16:21 
Post Edited: 09.08.2016 @ 16:23 PM by Benvie
BigMacca said:Benni is out!

He's been in hospital for the last couple of days after an insect bite on his elbow got badly infected.

Poor show that mosquito!

Will they have anyone to replace him? They've already gone through all of their original reserves I think and I'd imagine they'll struggle to find someone able to compete on a weeks notice.

It's also a real shame for Benni. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a training injury or something but to miss wsm due to an insect bite must suck.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)08-08-2016 @ 19:53 
SteBennett said:
Hall seems to be getting more into the preparation than ever before. He's got a grip coach, I don't believe if his grip was that bad he'd have left it until the last minute to get his services.
Kb he's undoubtedly gonna drop points on but others will drop points on other events. It wouldn't be the first time someone has a shocking event and still win

It's not his grip that I see hurting him on the frame carry, it's a lack of speed going by the video he put up. The likes of loz, arsjo, shaw and kieliszkowski are all likely to be considerably faster than him. That's a fair few points to drop plus another chunk of points from kb throw and i just can't see Shaw losing big points on anything.

I get people's comments about wanting to support British guys. However there is a big difference between supporting British athletes and blind optimism/ignoring hall's apparent shortcomings in two of the six events.

12345678910 ... ... 260261262263264265266267268269270

You are here: HomeForumBenvie → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto