REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 111 guests
You are here: HomeForumdr_hazbun → View All Posts

View All Posts: dr_hazbun

12345678910 ... ... 560561562563564565566567568569570

» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)24-10-2016 @ 16:30 
Post Edited: 24.10.2016 @ 16:39 PM by dr_hazbun
Cuddles said:
I stand corrected. They have discontinued the gabba, but only the long sleeve. Without having ever seen or worn the perfetto it's hard to comment but castellimare saying it's just a renamed gabba. That stands in contrast to everything I've read about the perfetto which said that it was thinner (my memory of the names might be wrong but I don't think so).
I love my gabba long sleeve, I paid less than a ton for it on sale, it fits great, looks great and is warm enough on autumn and spring days or colder days if I'm riding faster. I definitely wouldn't describe it as a winter jacket and it's not water'proof'.
For proper winter riding you'll want something warmer, and a good base layer. Being cold is horrible on a long ride.

Just been to my local bike shop, chatted to the lads there and tried both the gabba 2 and the perfetto. The perfetto is indeed slightly thinner and it's pockets aren't as good. I bought the gabba in the end as I think actually the better, more versatile jersey. I also prefer the deeper pockets. The medium also fits for snug, race fit. I'd have gone for large if buying online so this surprised me considering castelli make clothes for small Italian men! Got it for £145 which isn't bad considering £165 is the going rate. I think I'll be spending a lot of time in this jersey over the next few months.

Also got myself a pair of castelli nanoflex 2 bib tights for £81 which was a steal. Couldn't resist them!
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)23-10-2016 @ 16:22 
Anyone have experience of the castelli gabba 2 long sleeve jersey? This line seems to have been discontinued and now replaced by the castelli perfetto. I'm a platinum wiggle user so can get the perfetto for £155 instead of £175.

I have a castelli (puro I think) long sleeve jersey but it's more for milder spring and autumn days. Should I just stick with it and layer up with thermal base layers and gilets over the next 3 months? Or is forking out on a quality winter jersey money well spent? I'm new to winter cycling so thoughts on cycling winter wardrobe would be much appreciated.
Thanks
» Clarence the... (Go to post)22-10-2016 @ 12:47 
Strong and lean. Where's he from?
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)22-10-2016 @ 12:26 
That's very interesting. They feel like they'd be good for you but good to know there's some evidence.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)22-10-2016 @ 09:48 
Cuddles said:I do all my morning commutes fasted.

I am unlikely to ever change that.

Me too. I like it. Normally get myself a coffee and something sweet like a chocolate croissant on the train.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)22-10-2016 @ 09:07 
A couple of times a week I do my morning 24km ride to the train station on no breakfast as I basically have no time for it.

What's the current gen on fasted exercise?
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)18-10-2016 @ 20:21 
I must say I am jealous of these post work power hours on Zwift
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)17-10-2016 @ 21:03 
Cuddles said:My commute is long enough to keep my legs turning over ok and my base is pretty good. I guess I've earned that much.

This will be key for me. If I keep my commuting miles over the winter months, I'll be ok as it's 48km a day. Problem is, my commute doesn't end when I park the bike. I still have a 15 minute train journey followed by 10 minutes on a bus with all the little annoyances of waiting at the station/bus stop. Makes it all very faffy.
» - 46 - (Go to post)17-10-2016 @ 17:04 
Fair play mate. Having fun is what it's all about. I went running yesterday for the first time in a while and I spent the whole 42 or so minutes thinking 'I want to be on my bike'. So guess what, from now on I'm sticking to the cleats for most of my training and bringing out the running trainers only when the bike is broken or the weather too crap to ride a bike safely. Running has its place with its simplicity and pure efficiency but no one has enough time to do stuff they don't like.

Oli (the lad I was on about) wants to do Oxford to Cambridge with me by bike in the spring. I thought I was going to whoop his ass but if he's got the sort of engine on him capable of a 1:30 half...
» - 46 - (Go to post)17-10-2016 @ 16:36 
Life after lifting for sure!

The thing about all this stuff is that it's highly addictive and also very good for your physical and mental wellbeing. One of my wife's colleagues went from a fat, depressed, near-alcoholic to running the Oxford half in 1:30 last weekend! This guy used to laugh at me and call my gym antics a waste of my life. He's now obsessed with exercise.

Keep it up!
» People who wear gym specific clothing (Go to post)16-10-2016 @ 09:26 
How about people who wear 'I've done this sporting event' type t-shirts in public when not exercising? Lots of people do it. I don't mind it to be fair.

Cycling specific clothing when off the bike (and obviously not at a café stop) is a massive no no. The other day I saw a lad in town with his wife and kids and he had a castelli gilet on with a pair of jeans. Looked ridiculous. Like wearing knee sleeves in the supermarket!
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)08-10-2016 @ 20:01 
Do you lads not ride your bikes for fun anymore? Bit of fresh air, picturesque village lanes, the occasional café stop and all that.

I'm really just jealous that I'm not part of the Zwift club.
» 340kg squat - belt and knee wraps. (Go to post)04-10-2016 @ 17:33 
BigMacca said:There was a lot to like about that squat Happy

I agree. No disrespect to the lighter guys but there's something very aesthetic about watching a big man walk out a big weight, squat it to depth then walk it back. Lovely stuff!
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)24-09-2016 @ 21:03 
CAJ said:
Thanks Happy
I'm good friends with a guy who races in Cat. 3
He's very similar weight to you at 6ft 3" and still wants to lose weight in order to be more competitive! Crazy old sport is road cycling Roll-Eyes

I love the feeling I get when I'm on the bike, the sense of adventure and all that. I've even learnt to 'enjoy' hills.

I'm not a fan of the skinny fat man I've turned into though.
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)24-09-2016 @ 20:43 
Nice work re the BP and HR.

Regarding the aesthetics, my abs were actually better at 95kg (my heaviest) than what they look like now at 79kg.

I thought that by becoming a weedy cyclist, I would at least have have some friggin abs. Instead, I have weird tan lines and keep getting asked whether I'm ok by people who haven't seen me since my 15 stone days (which wasn't that long ago). It's making me paranoid!

12345678910 ... ... 560561562563564565566567568569570

You are here: HomeForumdr_hazbun → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions