REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 51 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumDomRedshaw → View All Posts

View All Posts: DomRedshaw

12345678910 ... ... 427428429430431432433434435436437

» Grip training (Go to post)25-08-2011 @ 23:04 
glad u asked this mate, cos i didnt think of using chalk for grip work. stupid i know lol
» 1979 WSM (Go to post)23-08-2011 @ 22:14 
think the playboy girl lift is my next peice of kit for the home gym Grin
» A day in the life of a strongman newbie!! (Go to post)17-08-2011 @ 10:32 
thanks for posting, il defo remember to try all events b4 a comp if i can. altho im a long way from competing even at a 1st timers lvl. im yet to come across a 1st timers competion for the weak lol.
im guna try n travel to a decent gym every few months to have a go with some proper gear as no1 near me has any.
again thanks for sharing Grin
» D'ya like dags ? (Go to post)16-08-2011 @ 19:30 
hahahahaha sounds like ur mrs wears the trousers, on the bright side at least it will make u look bigger in comparison
» Ultimate Dog Tease (Go to post)12-08-2011 @ 10:00 
hahahahaha
» strongman equipment near Bridlngton, Scarborough or Hull (Go to post)11-08-2011 @ 15:17 
Hello, does anybody know of any gyms near bridlington that have strongman equipment to use. and/or anybody that has any 2nd hand logs or weights for sale?
» Different types of strongman comps (Go to post)09-08-2011 @ 21:38 
i think a variety of comps would be better than a variety of events, so have the odd comp static/max events, another all moving events, and the majority being both at different ratios. for example 4/5 events static 1/5 moving, then 3/5 n 2/5, 2/5 n 3/5 and a 1/5 static and 4/5 moving. but thats jus me, all in all varied event comps r better than jus static or movement if it was 1 or the other but doin a mixture of mixed comps n the odd static 1 here n there wouldnt hurt, wud it? but again a good mixture shows overall strength, so the answer to the question depends on what people want to measure, static strength or overall strength.
» Rest between sets (Go to post)02-08-2011 @ 23:30 
i take around 5 minutes for heavy sets, if a set feels abit easy then i dont rest as long. i think the best thing is to take as long as you feel you need. your reps should tell you if youve had enough rest, for example if u only get 3-4 reps on something u usually get 5 on, take an extra minute or so, if ur still gettin the target amount of reps then your rest time is ok
» Strongman classes (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 20:18 
GATES said:Good too see you on here dom.

thanks lee, glad u told me to come on here theres alot of good info n good guys that know wot there on about, trying to learn as much as poss from ppls vids to try n improve my form on a few things.
feel abit of a weakling looking at every1 elses PB's tho lol
» Strongman classes (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 20:03 
Pompy said:
sounds sensible and straightforward... unfortunately without a fed, people continue to enter comps way below their capabilities... everyone knows who they are, and it just makes them look like a laughing stock.... just pathetic in my eyes, either man up and accept you are not as good as you think, or don't compete. lads who've done 20+ comps and have been training for ten years shouldn't still be doing novice comps regardless if they're top three or not.
not that I think a fed is necessary and would probably cause many more arguments and b**ching than already goes on.

i agree about ppl enterin below their capabilities, better to lose to the best than beat a beginner. that doesnt prove their better if their not beginners. its jus the same as a senior competeing in a juniors event really. altho the intermediate would look rather stupid if they didnt win
» Strongman classes (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 19:54 
thanks for asking, im new to this site, iv been lurkin the forums for about a week now. im also new to the strongman scene and wondered exactly the same thing about classes. basically im from yorkshire n wud when im at a level were i can compete i want to do so in the yorkshire strongman event @ novice u90kg's. as this is the only event i think i would stand a decent go at. however my worry is that there is no gym with strongman equipment anywere near me (im from a small town that lacks alot of things) so i wanted to enter a 1st timer event just to get the feel of things but did not want that to mean i couldnt enter a novice comp later on.
also i think if someones limited to use of equipment it should determine there category, as some of you said 300kg deadlifter is no novice but if hes never used a log to press or lifted a stone except in contests etc they are kind of a novice in a sense

12345678910 ... ... 427428429430431432433434435436437

You are here: HomeForumDomRedshaw → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2018 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto