REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 124 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumkirkynick → View All Posts

View All Posts: kirkynick

12345678910 ... ... 754755756757758759760761762763764

» Drugs Ban From the IPF (Go to post)28-11-2011 @ 05:30 
Post Edited: 28.11.2011 @ 06:24 AM by kirkynick
Boar said:
they want to win !
and presumably they think everyone else is at it !

As much as I like my sport drug free, i have to agree with this. It's
basic human nature. Not everybody would do it, but many would.

streak said:
A few years ago I trained with a s**t hit pl'er. He competed for GB at junior level. I'm not sure which fed. Anyhoo at the big internetional comps he told me that the Russians/Ukrainians that came 1st and 2nd never got clapped, as everybody knew they weren't tested at home but were able to turn up clean on the day. The US or GB guy that came 3rd was the true 'winner'. Weird Happy

So do you think all British lifters are clean?
» Drugs Ban From the IPF (Go to post)28-11-2011 @ 05:00 
Post Edited: 28.11.2011 @ 06:21 AM by kirkynick
Steve said:
I would be pretty sure the top Russian lifters are now tested more out of competition than the top British lifters

All Russian lifters who compete for the national team have to come to Moscow to be tested before big comps by their own federation (RPF).

I've also been told, so it is complete heresay, that some lifters who could lift more are told not to win by too large a margin in comps and that at the IPF Europeans Russia sometimes lets Ukraine or Poland win (usually by not sending its very top lifters) so as to keep the IPF off it's back (as the Europeans are not as important as the Worlds).

As I say, complete heresay... (but from a source very close to the Russian lifters)
» The SMALL Workout log. (Go to post)28-11-2011 @ 04:49 
Post Edited: 28.11.2011 @ 12:17 PM by kirkynick
MrSmall said:Thanks chaps Happy
I was a bit embarrassed about uploading the vids really, but at the end of the day I am an amateur in a professional sport and I have always expected more than what I am capable of at the time, so no change there.

Next one end of March, the goal is a 200k total, which is within my capabilities I believe.

Well done! What's to be embarrassed about? I've just started learning the olympic lifts and I'm surrounded by 12 year old Russian boys and (girls) who can out lift me. Now that's embarrassingGrin But I do have the excuse of being an old man...

Good luck with the next comp, sure you'll nail that 200k total.
» Drugs Ban From the IPF (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 19:25 
RossA said:i reckon if anyone get caught for positive PED test results they should have a life ban. or is this already the rules in the GBPF? it is kinda the point in lifting in a drug tested fed i would of thought. so that you know everyone is clean and on a level playing field.

I would really like to agree with this, but in my opinion unfortunately sport is never on a level playing field whether it is due to facilities available to athletes, peds, funding, rewards, incentives, coaching available etc.
» Drugs Ban From the IPF (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 17:56 
Post Edited: 27.11.2011 @ 19:37 PM by kirkynick
crossbow said:Just wondering what would happen to a lifter if they failed a drugs test at an international IPF event. Would they;

- Cause GBPF to pay a fine?
- Have to pay a fine themselves?

Also who would be accountable for sending a lifter to an international event without being tested on home turf first? Would the team management be to blame?

I do believe that after a number of lifters found to fail a drugs test, then the whole country is banned after a number of 'black marks' are found? Discuss.

So what did you/he/she fail the test for?Wink
» What's the biggest snatch, C+J and total by a British weightlifter? (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 15:16 
Wigan said:
Some people are just better suited to the snatch, be it speed, build or technique, but just may not be strong enough, or technically good enough for a big C&J

Again off subject, but what are the rules in weightlifting concerning not being able to lock out an elbow(s) due to previous injuries etc? I read this on the IWF site 'A competitor, who cannot fully extend the elbow due to an anatomical deformation, must report this fact to the three Referees and the Jury before the start of the competition.'

But is there a limit to the extent of the limitation to the elbow?
» Future fat bastard training (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 15:10 
Only 17 and you already have a 1.5 x bw bench press... very solid, indeed!
» UK women most obese in Europe men 2nd (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 14:55 
Post Edited: 27.11.2011 @ 14:55 PM by kirkynick

What is the Guardian telling us? Do we need to order slim brides from Eastern Europe?

I moved to Russia for this very reason. You can take orders for a slim, Russian bride direct from me... markup won't be too steep eitherGrin
» Shoes for strongman (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 14:08 
Post Edited: 27.11.2011 @ 14:12 PM by kirkynick
Terminator said:
Yeah I saw that one, I'm size 11 is all my other shoes though
I found Do-Wins which are similar (from reading other threads) for 75
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Do-Win-weightlifting-Songyong-strength...
And Ironworks 3 for $100 plus international delievery
http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/IWIII08FRS.html

I think the Ironworks 3 are already an old model so you'd be pretty pushed to find a pair in the UK unless they're second hand. You could always get the new Adidas Power Perfect II Weightlifting Shoe, if you don't want to fork out on the shipping for the Ironworks from abroad but they will set you back about 90 quid.
» Shoes for strongman (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 13:21 
Post Edited: 27.11.2011 @ 14:05 PM by kirkynick
Terminator said:Iron works certainly seem popular, anybody know where I can get them at a reasonable price??

They have some on Amazon but they only seem to have size 8.5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/adidas-Ironwork-Weightlifting-Shoe-Siz...
» What's the biggest snatch, C+J and total by a British weightlifter? (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 12:49 
Rusev said:Gary Taylor only ever clean and jerked 201 (cleaned 202.5 in LA olympics) in comp but he did snatch 187 back in 1984 -

but yes Andy davies has prob done the biggest total in comp by a british lifter

Going off subject a little, but how come some lifters have only a small gap between their Snatch and C+J, whereas others have a huge gap?
» What's the biggest snatch, C+J and total by a British weightlifter? (Go to post)27-11-2011 @ 11:51 
Post Edited: 27.11.2011 @ 12:47 PM by kirkynick
Wigan said:I would say you're right with Andy Davies. He may have snatched and jerked
More than the numbers you give ( he was a 200 snatcher and a 500lb jerker) but very possibly not in comp or on the same day.

Yeah, i'd heard he was moving some even bigger numbers in training. Didn't realise that he actually came second in the Worlds and Europeans though until i read the link above; damn good for a British weightlifter.
» Preparing for competition (Go to post)26-11-2011 @ 14:43 
Post Edited: 26.11.2011 @ 14:45 PM by kirkynick
nitsua19 said:I have a weightlifting comp on Friday. Really nervous about bombing all my lifts. Does any one have any techniques to deal with nerves?

First of all, stop thinking so negatively. It's a weightlifting competition... it's not as if you're about to die! What's the worst that can happen? You can bomb... so what! Second, start visualizing yourself at the comp and go through your lifts in your mind... nailing each one of them. Third, get someone to go to the comp with you who is more experienced than you. Fourth, lower your openers if you are that nervous.
» Your top five ladies (Go to post)26-11-2011 @ 12:55 
Post Edited: 26.11.2011 @ 16:00 PM by kirkynick
1) Zhanna Friske (Russian singer/actress)

http://foto.16mb.com/data/media/75/zhanna_friske_118621.jpg

2) Any random Russian bird walking down the street... all fitter than most popstars and actresses!
3) See 2
4) See 2
5) See 2
» Vasily Alexeev dies.. (Go to post)26-11-2011 @ 04:33 
Post Edited: 06.03.2015 @ 16:03 PM by kirkynick

12345678910 ... ... 754755756757758759760761762763764

You are here: HomeForumkirkynick → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto