REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 175 guests
You are here: HomeForumEd_machine_Hall → View All Posts

View All Posts: Ed_machine_Hall

» WORLD LOG LIFT CHALLANGE..(LIVE STREAM)..14/02/15 (Go to post)15-02-2015 @ 10:33 
https://m.facebook.com/343570339056147/photos/a.360942950652219.87728.343570339056147/792671427479367/?type=1&source=44&relevant_count=1

220kg locked out STRICT......
Look at the toes though, the platform was very soft and almost every one lost there balance when putting power into the heels.
Should have been thought through a little better, the platform was made up of 1" of rubber with air bubbles on the surface. Not the most ideal of set ups. I genuinely felt good for 230 how training was going and I'm sure Z would have too. My neck and back hurts like f**k today from the fail and have a quite bad concussion. Feeling dizzy and tired.
But again a set back like that only wants me to train harder and f**k things up next year.
Arnold's next so back to it Wednesday.
Thanks guys
Ed
» ENGLANDS STRONGEST MAN 2014 (UK QUALS) (Go to post)02-07-2014 @ 07:57 
The winner of England's strongest man will win an additional sponsorship deal from muscle NH2 worth £2400. As well as a cash prize and a massive trophy!

Walk ups on the day still available
£10 adults £5 children
Info from:-
www.englandsstrongestman.co.uk
Thanks
Ed H
» ENGLANDS STRONGEST MAN 2014 (UK QUALS) (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 19:47 
All athletes be at the stadium for 11.30 please this Sunday for a 1pm start
Thanks
Ed
» ENGLANDS STRONGEST MAN 2014 (UK QUALS) (Go to post)16-06-2014 @ 20:10 
UPDATE
The winner of englands strongest man will receive a £200 a month sponsorship with a protein company for 12 months!
Prize money is looking around the £5-600 mark at the moment. So 1st £250 2nd £150 3rd £100 4th £50
I'm hoping more sponsors come on board and this can be upped.

I want it £1000 for first within 3 years!!!
Ticket sales are going well getting toward half way full but only been advertising 2 weeks so there's still hope! Radio advertising to go out 1 week out for walk ups.
Iv spent £2500 on brand new kit for this show so it won't dissapoint.
Please spread the word on Facebook and twitter guys, this sport needs to grow!

Thanks
Ed H
» ENGLANDS STRONGEST MAN 2014 (UK QUALS) (Go to post)06-06-2014 @ 12:45 
ENGLANDS STRONGEST MAN 2014

Venue:- Northwood stadium
Time:- 1pm start

5 Events locked in!
60seconds time limit all events!

Yoke 20m:- head to head 400kg
Truck deadlift:- 350kg side handles for reps
Max axle:- 140kg start weight +10kg increments to 160kg then +5kg increments
Arm over arm 20m:- van and truck in tandem 6 tonne
Atlas stones x5 115kg -185kg:- head to head

In case of a tie a fight to the death must be completed to determine ESM 2014

Special guest refferee Terry Hollands and commentator Glenn Ross.
This will be a televised event for a 15min section on the quals process of UKSM.
Top 5 go through to UK's strongest man end of August!

Can all athletes please arrive for 11.30am for 1pm start.

Entry is:-
£10 adults
£5 children u13
Tickets available from :-
Www.englandsstrongestman.co.uk

All athletes are apointed a +1 no exceptions.

Iv had a few people moaning why am I charging for people to watch???

This is the first time Englands will have ever charged for entry and this is for a good reason...
Gone are the days of running pro level competitions on carparks of pubs and gyms for free for maybe 20-30 people to turn up, money is needed to buy brand new upto date kit that looks good and shows professionalism to the sport, the athletes deserve prize money and trophies that aren't from a football league shop with esm printed on it. Athletes deserve prizes, t-shirts and most of all respect!
The general public don't realise how dedicated you have to be financially to support yourself to get to such levels and I want to start making a return to these guys that train hard and spend endless amounts of money on food, travel, accommodation and kit.

I want to make it so there's a few thousand£££ prize money in the pot, all athletes are accommodated, fed, clothed and treated like proper athletes. This may take a few years but hell at least I'm trying to do it properly from the word go.

July 6th will see our own venue, a 750 seater grandstand, BBQ, bouncy castles, face painters, stalls, entertainers. Iv already got sponsors on the case to make this a huge event and even sorted free radio advertising so hopefully this will be a full house and some.

I hope most people are of the same opinion of me and strongman will soon be a nationally recognised sport that parents and children can look forward too year in year out.

I'd appreciate your support in spreading the word on FB and twitter and telling your friends.
Thanks guys and hopefully see you July 6th
Ed
» ULTIMATE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (Go to post)27-05-2014 @ 12:04 
BOX OFFICE NOW CLOSED

WALK UPS ON DAY STILL AVAILABLE
£20 ADULTS
£10 CHILDREN

SHOW STARTS 1PM
DOORS OPEN 11AM
FREE AVAILABLE PARKING 2000 SPACES

POSTCODE:- ST4 4EG
JUNCTION 15 M6

CHECK OUT WEBSITE FOR INFOS:-
WWW.ULTIMATEWST.CO.UK
» ULTIMATE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (Go to post)04-05-2014 @ 12:14 
HI GUYS THOUGHT ID DO AN UPDATE TRY AND GENERATE SOME INTEREST ON HERE!

FIRSTLY SUGDEN GOD GRAHAM HICKS IS COMPETING ALONG SIDE MARTIN WILDAUER FOR TEAM PIRATES!

ZADRUNAS AND LALAS ARE BOTH OUT DUE TO INJURIES AND I THINK BIG Z WANTS A REST TBH

GOT BIG Z REFERRING THOUGH ALONG SIDE GEOFF CAPES.

MIKE BURKE HAS AN ONGOING HIP PROBLEM SO WE'VE REPLACE HIM WITH "DAVE OSTLUND"

TEAMS ARE AS FOLLOWS:- ALL CONFIRMED AND FLIGHTS SORTED.

BRIAN SHAW + DAVE OSTLUND

TERRY HOLLANDS + EDDIE HALL

GRAHAM HICKS + MARTIN WILDAUER

KRZYSZTOF RADZ + ERVIN KATONA

THOR BJORNSSON + ARI GUNNARSSON

MARK HUNTER + LUKE STOLTMAN

SIMON JOHNSTON + NATHAN LLEWELLYN

JONNY KELLY + NICKY WHELAN

WE ARE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR A WOLRD RECORD MAYBE TWO SO KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS PEELED FOR THAT.

TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM:-

www.ultimatewst.co.uk

LIMITED TICKETS AND BEST SEATS GOING FAST.

MANY THANKS AND HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE
ED
» BSM UPDATES (Go to post)16-03-2014 @ 10:57 
Thought I'd give a little write up from yesterday!

I already had a ticket to Wsm along with Laurence Shahlaei and Terry Hollands so didn't need to go balls out but did anyway! Everyone gave it there balls apart from terry his aim was just to qualify but everyone else had there game face on!

I was so delighted to show everyone my improvements as haven't really had chance since Europe's last July.... Iv made my weaknesses a lot stronger and my strengths even stronger too!

Excuse me if I get my placings wrong but this is just from memory no score card handy.

Farmers and duck walk:-
The farmers felt solid and got faster and faster with no slip in my grip whatsoever and the duck walk felt like nothing running back up the course.
Claimed 3rd

Log press:-
My log press felt like a feather did 6 reps all one motioned STRICT 15 seconds to spare could have possible popped another 2 reps out but decided to save energy as didn't think anyone would beat it.
Claimed joint 1st

Deadlift:-
The deadlift is something I wanted to really prove a point, I did 9 reps with 340kg with 10 seconds to spare. I was the only one to do this RAW literally in my boxers. Suits need banning' a few guys there wouldn't have done a single rep if they didn't have a suit on. No offence to anyone just think strongman should stay strongman not powerlifting.
Claimed 1st

Dumbell:-
Tbh wanted to pull out at this point as had a few injuries surfacing from previous weeks but as I was in the lead my fellow athletes spurred me on. Did 4 reps which wasn't what I hoped I took my time as only had chance to practise it twice making the total amount of times doing the dumbell in my career 3 times.
Claimed 3rd

Conans wheel:-
This was a tough event a 300kg quad bike. Did just over two rotations chasing Ben Kelsey's distance as I knew he would win this and was 2 inches short.
Claimed 2nd

Barrels and sacks medley:-
Was pumped up for this, 3.5 points in front of second and wanted to score well and prove my progress with speed and agility. Went all out and even had time to give loz the middle finger half way through lol.
Think I claimed 3rd

Mr static is now mr everything and I still see my moving as my weakness so I will be working on these like crazy for next year... And I don't bulls**t, I would never say il do something or claim to have done something if I'd not done it.

Don't think looking back anyone had me for 1st or even top 3 so was nice to prove my improvements in such an event.

Anyway off to Wsm next week so logging off till after then.
Wish us Brits a good one please guys, am sure someone will keep you all updated Wink

Ed H
» WORLDS ULTIMATE STRONGEST TEAM (Go to post)31-01-2014 @ 11:39 
This is going to be a huge event in stoke on Trent, at Britannia stadium a huge 30,000 seater stadium.
Tickets are £20 adult and £10 children available from www.ultimatewst.co.uk

All athletes and teams are confirmed:-

Zadrunas savickas
Lalas

Thor
Ari gunnison

Brian shaw
Mike Burke

Terry Hollands
Eddie hall

Misha
Krzysztof

Simon Johnston
Nathan Llewelyn

Jonny Kelly
Nicky wheelan

Luke stoltman
Mark hunter

BOOK TICKETS NOW FOR BEST SEATS

VISIT WWW.ULTIMATEWST.CO.UK
» WORLDS ULTIMATE STRONGEST TEAM (Go to post)31-01-2014 @ 11:36 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zHT0wp-uL0&feature=youtube_gda... - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad
» ULTIMATE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (Go to post)31-01-2014 @ 11:29 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zHT0wp-uL0&feature=youtube_gda... - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad
» Eddie Hall 195kg Strict Log (Go to post)11-01-2014 @ 19:20 
hixxy1985 said:
DEAL
That's more than a worthy cause would love to be part of that.

Good man Hix!

Il sort it out when I get chance and we've both got nothing competition wise close too!
Look forward to it!

Ed
» Eddie Hall 195kg Strict Log (Go to post)11-01-2014 @ 19:06 
hixxy1985 said:
I'd do it for charity.

Gay- Yeah the Eddie hall charity!
Hix if you win you have to donate to the "Eddie Hall WSM Trust fund"... charity ref:-giveatleast£10pp
And il donate to it too if I win lol Wink

Nah I'd be happy to do that as long as the money goes to a sick little girl I'm raising funds for here in stoke. "Frankies fight"
3 years old and fighting leukaemia!

I would arrange a venue and get the event sponsored' get national papers there everything!
Will pay for someone to bring a log and weights from anywhere in the country to make it fair!

Hix... What u say? After Brits' possibly after Wsm!
» Eddie Hall 195kg Strict Log (Go to post)11-01-2014 @ 10:15 
Yeah that's right hix iv called you out!!! LOL
» Eddie Hall 195kg Strict Log (Go to post)11-01-2014 @ 10:13 
A logs a log! Feel that was a little dig at me or hix there! Not offended in anyway though and nor should hix!
I beleive Hixxy did a 202.5kg log but as terry said its easy to do fresh in perfect conditions!
Only a competition log counts even if its the first event!
I always log half way through a shoulder session so I feel simular effects I would at a comp.

Maybe me and hix will have a mini battle between us soon and put minds at rest Wink
Up for it hix? After the Brits?
Could even sell tickets and winner gets money!
Who'd come to watch.... £2 a head?
That would make us battle for it like f**k....
Either stoke or Leicester! Or somewhere inbetween on an anonymous log!

You are here: HomeForumEd_machine_Hall → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions