REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 172 guests
You are here: HomeForumSteve → View All Posts

View All Posts: Steve

12345678910 ... ... 239240241242243244245246247248249

» Weightlifting Rules Changes... (Go to post)25-09-2016 @ 18:50 
Equally the person who lifts the weight first does make sense as well and it certainly simplifies the competition, coaching and scoring. When selecting a lift you know that you simply have to lift at least 1kg more than anything that has already been done to go into the lead.
» Weightlifting Rules Changes... (Go to post)25-09-2016 @ 18:40 
What was wrong with lightest person wins?

Or if not why not a draw? After all if two people have lifted the same weight ... isn't that a draw?
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)25-09-2016 @ 11:36 
Boar said:had a look at the route - do you think you need a group to get a better time ? I'm not sure I could do that far on my own just yet

I'm getting near 75kg , but lower than that people tend to mention that I'm losing too much weight

'have you lost weight ?' = you look like dog s**t

I did it last night in the Iron Goat Series race that is on every Saturday night. Actually after the first 10 minutes I was on my own but I definitely think seeing that someone is just ahead of you and also that someone is just behind you catching you if you slow pushes you to keep going.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)25-09-2016 @ 11:34 
Post Edited: 25.09.2016 @ 11:37 AM by Steve
Boar said:had a look at the route - do you think you need a group to get a better time ? I'm not sure I could do that far on my own just yet

I'm getting near 75kg , but lower than that people tend to mention that I'm losing too much weight

'have you lost weight ?' = you look like dog s**t

Slowman's race weight calculator below:

1. When your freinds start asking you if your sick you have lost so
much weight, you are within 10 pounds.

2. When they start talking behind your back regarding your weight and
how skinny you are, you are within 5 pounds.

3. When they hold an intervention with you to tell you your too skinny.....your at race weight
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)25-09-2016 @ 10:21 
Post Edited: 25.09.2016 @ 10:25 AM by Steve
Boar said:
I see a nice ride around the pretzel in my near future !
228 watts.

You'll need more watts than that, you're fatter than me! Happy

Right the way to the mast at the top of the mountain is a bit more manageable in time for a segment - that took 42minutes.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)24-09-2016 @ 22:51 
Zwift - the Pretzel course. Definitely recommend you try this one when you have a spare couple of hours. Something to beat - it took me 2hours 23minutes tonight averaging 227watts
» - 46 - (Go to post)24-09-2016 @ 14:27 
No I did think about it but we're limited by school hols. We're doing the Thames Half at the end of October - Kenny's hoping he can do a good time at Bushy Parkrun the day before.
» - 46 - (Go to post)24-09-2016 @ 06:58 
Also whilst everyone is different what I find helps is sweets rather than gels.

Rather than fight with a gel or two which can have unpredictable effects on many people I carry half a dozen wine gums or something similar and slowly suck on one every 15 minutes. It helps break the run up and you can then just drink water on the course. Shot blocks and Powerbar also do sports specific ones although I don't think they are much different other than the Shotblocks come in a convenient pack.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)24-09-2016 @ 06:51 
I think first a power meter and then second a smart trainer made sitting mindlessly on the turbo much easier. There are only so many time you can watch Sufferfest vids or repeats of tv programmes.

The power meter at least tells you what you're actually doing and the smart trainer and lately Zwift have almost made it fun. I can get up at 5:30 in the morning and join another 40 or 50 idiots from around the the world and cycle with them!

And in the end coming from a swimming background originally anything is going to seem exciting compared with looking at a black line for 2 hours a day!
» - 46 - (Go to post)23-09-2016 @ 16:08 
I'm planning on doing Parkrun the day before. As long as you take it very steady you'll be fine. And as said whilst you should be fine without carbs over a couple of hours it's worth giving it a try before. They can certainly give you a boost if you're struggling.

I wouldn't worry too much about increasing intensity. You're not thinking about running fast but getting around! Just cut back volume.
» - 46 - (Go to post)23-09-2016 @ 10:22 
It's worth pushing the last 2 or 3 miles on these 9 mile runs. You get the feel of what the last couple of miles are like in the race without the stress on your body of running the full distance. I've got quite a few runs like this planned over the next few weeks before I run a half at the end of October.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)22-09-2016 @ 21:09 
There are some interesting things on the Zwift cast from time to time (I think the idea of offering a pro contact based around Zwift training is very interesting) but your right his voice makes it almost unlistenable.

Just passed 10,000 miles on the Boardman over the last two years. Almost all of them have been done on the turbo.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)17-09-2016 @ 19:01 
Post Edited: 17.09.2016 @ 19:03 PM by Steve
If you can select route the Mountain 8 course takes you up the hill from the far side all the way to the very top (I turned to skip the last section up to the Mast.) Otherwise rather than taking the first turn on the left through the tunnel take the second turn on the left.

The longest climb there is to the top of the mountain (Watopia Mountain Climb on Strava) took me just over 41 min to do last time I did it.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)17-09-2016 @ 15:09 
Post Edited: 17.09.2016 @ 15:13 PM by Steve
It's a bit steeper, so a couple of minutes shorter.

The recovery will come. Just keep at it and remember you can't go hard all the time. You need plenty of long, easy work. You're already more than fast enough to do under 12hrs at Bolton. You just need to be able to keep going
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)17-09-2016 @ 13:57 
Post Edited: 17.09.2016 @ 13:58 PM by Steve
A bit more effort this lunch - more of a challenge for you. I even briefly got the climbing jersey!

http://the-belmont.co.uk/pics/goat.jpg

Reverse side of the mountain Epic climb (steep side) - 21:14 (21:12 on hidden Strava segment) - average power 280watts,

Followed by an hour of steady practice in and of of aero position - total 90mins at 239watts average.

12345678910 ... ... 239240241242243244245246247248249

You are here: HomeForumSteve → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions