REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 5 members and 86 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumTerminator → View All Posts

View All Posts: Terminator

12345678910 ... ... 267268269270271272273274275276277

» Leg curl, Hamstring curl, leg press.... (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 23:28 
milsy said:i dont think pagan meant it in that way

just some of the post's you have made seem to be more about what they talk about on there for example the bicep question

this forum is about strength and all aspects of getting strong but from what you have been saying it comes across your more into asthetics which isnt somthing spoke about on this forum

i'm into getting strong, this thread is about the role (if any) that leg machines have in increases squat and deadlift numbers
» Leg curl, Hamstring curl, leg press.... (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 22:45 
Wiegieboard said:I'm doing ham curls and leg extension to hit all of the areas I don't usually get to hit hard. I'd say that they do have a place as assistance work.I'd say ham curl was much more valuable than leg ext though.

yeah i guess there's not so much need for leg extenstion as the squat works it... I do high bar squats though so some hamstring assistance might be useful
» Leg curl, Hamstring curl, leg press.... (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 22:39 
Post Edited: 19.02.2012 @ 21:30 PM by Terminator
PAGAN said:No offence mate but have you tried posting on MT ? From your recent posts it's a forum more suited to youHappy

» Leg curl, Hamstring curl, leg press.... (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 21:40 
Do these actually have any place in a powerlifters routine? Could leg extension be considered "assistance" for squats in the way that dips are assistance to bench press?
» Pendlay Rows, touch the chest or not? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 21:38 
I find that from the ground up to a few inches away from chest is pretty straight forward and i can feel my muscles under tension.

but to clear the last few inches i have to make it more of a "jerking" motion up to the chest, this normal??
» Powerlifting Gyms in Southern England? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 18:23 
I looked at Samson's gym awesome as it looked its still 30 a month (compared to 10 a month at my uni gym), so i can't really justify that expenditure.... i couldn't find area 51's website, anyone know how much that costs?
» Powerlifting Gyms in Southern England? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 14:18 
IainKendrick said:
Good luck Happy
In southampton area only samsons and calmore will actually have the above happening.
I havn't seen anyone squat over 140kg at St Marys gym! Off course that wasn't too depth.
Need anymore help just PM me. I live in the city centre and actually my PhD will come from Southampton although I studied at Chichester. St Marys Rec centre is run by Solent Uni.

thats great, do you train at st mary's then?
» Powerlifting Gyms in Southern England? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 13:42 
IainKendrick said:
What uni are you at?
Apart from strengthtec and Samsons not that many beasts train at the other gyms although there are some strong guys about off course.

southampton

Maybe we have different defintions of "beasts", but somewhere that has guys squatting 4 plates + and deadlifting 5 plates + on the regular would make a nice change
» Powerlifting Gyms in Southern England? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 13:01 
IainKendrick said:Southampton Area PL friendly gyms;

Area 51- Freemantle, Shirley, just up from train station

The Gym- Calmore, Totton

St Marys Rec centre- St Mary's just off from town centre

Samsons gym- Eastleigh

Pompy Area (may be more in Portsmouth area);

Cit Gym- Fratton

Strengthtec- Fareham

when you say "PL friendly" do you mean they allow you to use chalk, scream and wear suits? I agree with this, but also I'd like a gym where there's much stronger lifters than me (unlike at the university gym), do big guys train at these places? Cheers
» Biceps, biceps, biceps (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 12:53 
BigSam said:hammers and 21's!!!

and machine preacher curls!

thats the way i roll!!

how many sets of 21's do you do? same weight for all of them?
» Biceps, biceps, biceps (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 12:53 
milsy said:
Feel the burn? That kind of lingo is way too muscle talk only thing I feel when I sqaut is a lot a lot of pressure in my head I don't even know what my legs are doing
The advise I gave is what I did when I was like 14 then I decided to grow up and train to be strong rather than to look strong get your deadliftt over 200 and bent over row over 140 and pull up yourself plus body weight then your guns will look after themseleves

expect to see me deadlifting 200 kg by October Wink
» Pendlay Rows, touch the chest or not? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 00:09 
drew said:
I find if I squat high I can squat much more

fair
» Pendlay Rows, touch the chest or not? (Go to post)11-06-2011 @ 00:05 
Do I need to make the barbell touch my lower chest or is it ok to fall a few inches short? I find making the bar touch the chest means i have to drop the weight a good 20%
» Madcows 5 x 5.. (Go to post)10-06-2011 @ 20:52 
LukeC said:I ran Madcow for at least two years and I found it did really well for me on squat and deadlift. In hindsight I would add more volume on bench or try doing close grip bench press on your non-bench day which is what I did for a while and it worked well for me. Happy

oh really? i just came off starting strength and found my squat was going to s**t and would always be between 110-120 for 3 sets of 5. I'm not too optimistic about madcows, especially as it uses 5 reps like SS...

I might do dips as assistance on "Wednesday".
» Biceps, biceps, biceps (Go to post)10-06-2011 @ 18:32 
gonna have to get on those hammer curls!

12345678910 ... ... 267268269270271272273274275276277

You are here: HomeForumTerminator → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto