REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 98 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumTerminator → View All Posts

View All Posts: Terminator

12345678910 ... 265266 ... 267268269270271272273274275276277

» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 21:34 
brb, giving him a beasting
» WORD ASSOCIATION GAME (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 15:33 
JackRevans said:
Ukrain

japan
» WORD ASSOCIATION GAME (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 14:28 
oral
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 12:36 
JohnGym said:Which 'The Gym Group' is that?

Looks like Hounslow or Nottingham?

Its Hounslow, I only went there on a one off and can't say I recommend it if you're into serious training.

There was only 220 kg of plates, by the time I'd worked up to a 190 deadlift we had guys asking how much long we would be using the plates for so that they could bench!
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 11:00 
leeboy said:looks like you need to be on heavier weight. really try and swing your shoulders back and your hips forward, you dont need to bend over backwards at the end but it should be past vertical. i dont know if its the environment your in the you need more aggression, it looks like your conforming a little bit whats going on around you what i mean is like no one there seems to be throwing themselves at the weight if it makes any sense at all?

just watched it again. its at the top when you doing a little shrug to pull it in is when your shoulders need to come further back

thanks for the comment on swinging my shoulders back and hips forward. yeah i probably could do with being a little more aggresive, but its a fine line between being aggresive and appearing to be "acting like a dick", especially in a gym not catered for powerlifters
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 10:53 
PAGAN said:f**k me I could not train in that gym!

haha why not?
» WORD ASSOCIATION GAME (Go to post)15-07-2011 @ 10:51 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Schlong

sausage
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 23:28 
vausie said:
LOL
tis true none are locked out push hips thru and shoulders back they looked very fast and easy tho on a plus point and i would have to agree with the man above put more on the bar set it for 5 and tell the dude behind u to man up and start deadlifting insted of queenin around like a fruit
but other than tht good lifting

it was worth uploading the vids just for me to realise that i haven't been locking out my deads, i feel safe to say that i would still have the lift though/

yeah this weight was going to be a 5 rep PB, but I hit 5 and had more in the tank..
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 23:26 
milsy said:stop being a pussy and man the f**k up!

you should have knocked out the fag in the tank top and gloves spat in the guys face wearing the beenie put on some more plates pulled a set of 5 and locked them out standing tall like a man

I didn't see the guy in the tank top until i saw the video on my phone afterwards
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 23:25 
milsy said:stop being a pussy and man the f**k up!

you should have knocked out the fag in the tank top and gloves spat in the guys face wearing the beenie put on some more plates pulled a set of 5 and locked them out standing tall like a man

I didn't see the guy in the tank top until i saw the video on my phone afterwards
» Madcows 5 x 5.. (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 14:59 
Tun said:You made that 165 x7 look easy. Your O.H.P is quite impressive too. I would love to dead 190. Well done fella...

it always looks easier than it actually is haha. cheers, i wouldn't mind your squat either
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 14:01 
Pompy said:yeah none of the lifts looked locked to me, and im not talking hyper extension, just normal locked...

Fair enough, I suppose it feels like longer when you're actually lifting compared to how it actually looks to an observer.

I shall hold my deadlifts locked for a count of 1 in future
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 12:53 
BenMac said:I wouldnt know technique if it came and bit me in the arse, but...

I would say... you seem to be leaning too far over the bar, your heels look like they are coming off the floor at some points - try and sit back on your heels, and keep your back flat.

You also dont appear to be locking it out at the very top, shoulders back, hips through.

Looked very easy for a rep pb, well done.

i locked the lifts out i believe, but only for a split seconf
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 12:52 
danbaseley said:My, but that is a busy gym!!!

Negatives:

1) I'd say you are over the bar like you are getting ready to clean it at the start.

2) You are getting really quite low on the first lift, but that may be related to your shoulder position as above.

You lift both feet up and reset them after rep 3 and then reset your position.

3) You have a bellend in grey sweats, black gay tanktop (with the obligatory Elizabeth Duke chain over the top of it - nice) fannying around behind you.

4) By the looks of you, you are watching yourself in the mirror. I think this is a big no-no when deadlifting as it really takes your mind of the job and focuses it more on what you think you can see. In the deadlift you know exactly where you are depth wise, so it should not be necessary to "spot" yourself in the mirror. If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

Plus points:

You banged through the reps like a man!!

You did so without a belt, which is harder for most.

You managed to ignore negative point number 3 above.

You looked like you were good for more.

Haha, the guy in the tank top is just jelly because he couldn't deadlift 100 kg.
I had my back to the mirror actually on purpose to stop myself looking in it, but yeah i am looking straight ahead to try and keep a straight back.

I always thought that the clean and deadlift had the same starting postion though?
» 165 kg x 7 Deadlift Form Check (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 12:16 
Post Edited: 15.07.2011 @ 18:19 PM by Boar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeqP1Q789VU

I hit 165 kg x 7 last night for a PB, but I don't think my technique was brilliant.... any comments appreciated

EDIT: and someone please explain how to embed youtube vids!

12345678910 ... 265266 ... 267268269270271272273274275276277

You are here: HomeForumTerminator → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto