Chest: 52"
Arms: 19"
Waist: 43 1/2"
Forearm: 14"
Quads: 29"
Calf: 20"
Hips: 50"
» massive bench press (Go to post)27-05-2014 @ 22:53 
I've never understood why anyone would bench alone outside of a power rack. I've been doing it that way for almost 15 years, ever since I bought my rack.

I had a good accident when I was a teenager with my first weights sets in my bedroom -vinyl weights and a s**tty DP bench. The uprights were really narrow and I stripped the weight off one side and the bar tipped and went clean through the floor boards of my room, through the ceiling of the kitchen below. That went down well with the parents...
» Good value whey protein? (Go to post)27-05-2014 @ 00:18 
MyProtein Unflavoured. The flavours I tried all tasted like arse -choc nut, some raspberry monstrosity and some mint crime against humanity. No matter though, it'll taste like sour plastic no matter the flavour once you add a teaspoon of leucine so why pay more?
» Drinking and gainz (Go to post)13-04-2014 @ 08:59 
I stopped drinking a couple of years ago now -the hang overs just weren't worth it. All those niggling little pains like slight tendinitis would flare up and I could barely stand up the next day so just not worth it any more. I'm still weak but fell less like s**t all the time now. Plus taking a step back from daily drinking does highlight the amount of damage booze is doing to the people...
» Pulls from above the knee (Go to post)31-03-2014 @ 22:00 
EllD90 said:Appreciate it's the wrong thread, but I've picked up an injury, that probably initiated from these deadlifts and I then ignored the niggle and didn't rest it:

What, if anything looks wrong with them? My hamstrings were extremely tight from previous squat session. I know the injury/niggle may not have been directly from this session, it could've been from anything.

Your lower back is rounding, especially on the last rep so that is at the least an injury waiting to happen. Also, try and keep your tightness when lowering the bar, even if you lower it quickly -you seem to relax and let the bar semi drop. I realise I am the world's worst deadlifter but I blame that on having such a long torso I mash my junk at the top of every deadlift, which makes a strong and decisive lock out a bit of an issue...
» Powerlifting equipment sizing charts - Inzer - Titan - Metal (Go to post)31-03-2014 @ 21:51 
Scottish said:If you just want to protect your hip get the bigger size they will still be tight.

Cheers for that, sounds sensible
» Powerlifting equipment sizing charts - Inzer - Titan - Metal (Go to post)31-03-2014 @ 21:46 
I wonder if any one has experience of Titan suits, I'm after the Superior NXG+, or possibly just briefs but it depends on the size (Pullums doesn't have all sizes in stock of either suit or briefs so I'll just go with whatever is the better fit). I just want them to protect my hips a bit when box squatting so not worried which and the price is close enough. I weigh bang on 140kg right now, with a 30" thigh and 50" pelvis. The chart says 54 but I'm wondering if 56 might be wiser? Anyone have a experience of which will be the better fit?
» Deadlifts, deficit deadlifts and rackpulls (Go to post)29-03-2014 @ 23:18 
As above, it depends. If you can get into position with the 4" deficit and keep the bar in the right path, and it helps your pull, then stick with it. I doubt I could get to the bar with a 4" deficit but I am the opposite of a good build for pulling. That said, if you are failing 3" off the floor you might want to add block pulls or rack pulls with the bar 2" off the floor as this should help develop strength around your weak point as you will be pulling from just below it from a dead stop.
» Uncontrolable knee cave in squats (Go to post)28-03-2014 @ 00:21 
If you have any bands then a mini doubled around your knees can let you work the abductors and stop the knees coming in. Sit on a bench and put your feet one something to get you knees higher than your hips to activate your hips properly and work on reps of pushing your knees as far apart as you can. Sets of 20 reps are good. Also, try pushing your elbows forward to keep your chest up when squatting as you upper back is rounding and which is why your hips are shooting up. Oh, and you might consider breaking at the hips first not the knees so you sit back more, then push your feet and knees apart not down to come back up -this alone should help as you'll use more hip strength. I royally f**ked my ankle doing squats too narrow and in a not dissimilar style to yours and can now mostly only box squat and those are the steps I wish I had taken years ago. Now if I free squat I won't be walking without pain in my ankle for a good week. You want to keep your knees over your feet, I was too far out to the sides of them and you are too far inside.
» A few bits for sale (Go to post)13-03-2014 @ 13:13 
I saw your ad and was wondering if you offer private wrestling training in a discreet location? Would it be possible to hire you for about 4 minutes one evening?
» Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Oli Thompson (Go to post)22-02-2014 @ 00:21 
dannyboy73 said:I remember when I thought Oli would win wsm one day....perhaps he can fill him in instead.

They'll probably save that for the hotel room later in the evening
» How can I change journal title ?? ADMIN ?? (Go to post)21-02-2014 @ 23:39 
Q1: How do you weigh a barbell?
» Whats your favourite War Film, (Go to post)17-01-2014 @ 22:21 
In no particular order:
Paths of Glory
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Platoon
Jacobs Ladder
The Deer Hunter
» Facebook 'friends' - I need them (Go to post)10-01-2014 @ 00:03 
JackRevans said:
I cant remember. it was many years ago, I was pretty much the exact right age for him actually

Did your parents go home with a wedge of cash and you a sore arse?
» help - where can i buy this old school hand grip machine - plate loaded? (Go to post)16-12-2013 @ 00:47 
Ironmind/Pullum. Or get Watson to make one. Or pay JT to weld one, but I hear he is adding a 300 surcharge to the next order made...

You are here: HomeForumMeatfish → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions