100 x 3 sets
110F sqaut clean & 1 jerk

Clean pull
120x3x3

Pull ups and stretch
» 120kg power snatch (Go to post)03-08-2012 @ 21:08 
Nowt sepcial lol
» Olympics - Who's Watching What......and When? (Go to post)03-08-2012 @ 21:05 
I'll be sort of glad when the judo and weightlifting are over. Might actually do something other than watch iplayer
» CrossSh1t are bringing back Oly Lifting (Go to post)03-08-2012 @ 17:51 
The best decathletes can bench/ clean/ squat/ dead 300/ 350/ 400/ 500 plus. Can runs 10x 400m repeats all sub 60 secs. Can run a sub 5 minute mile. Can do 25+ dead hang pull ups. These are all really clear indications of "elite fitness". Add in some xfit specific skills such as double unders, muscle ups etc, give them a year to train and they would kill the games.

little_a said:Why all the Xfit, my dads harder than Chuck Norris and me mate Dave's dead fit posts? The link is for British weightlifting advertising British weightlifting courses. If Xfit are happy to get involved and provide premesis for this to happen then what of it? It's not like BWL are up there in the popularity stakes at the moment with people falling over themselves to get involved. A bit of reinvention and collaberation can't make things any worse for lifters.

I love Xfit Manchester and Mark Beck. It's lemon fresh heaven at Pear mill.

Totally agree. But then mark's my coach
» CrossSh1t are bringing back Oly Lifting (Go to post)03-08-2012 @ 09:04 
Well this thread has suddenly turned into a really good read!!

My opinion FWIW as someone who trains at a xf "box", albeit one that has a decent oly lifting squad, Crossfit manchester, and is bezzie mates with a co owner of another, crossfit reading.

Crossfit is a really good way for the average joe to get "fit", provided it is done in the right way. Get people stronger in a sensible, programmed way with basic movements eg squat, press, deadlift, pull ups etc and add a shortish circuit style finisher on the end of it. Train 3-5 times a week. Done. It is of course debateable whether this is really "crossfit" or not, as people have been getting strong and using circuits for conditioning for ever.

Unfortunately, this is not how it is always done. The need for "intensity" means too many bite off more than they can chew, constantly searching for pb's, and using bad form to get quicker times in the "WODs". Add this to too many crazy long "hero" style wods and the need for everyone to feel "elite" and you have a recipe for burn out and injuries.

Re the crossfit games. This seemed to become more of a focus once it was pretty clear that crossfit WASN'T the answer of for sport S&C. Early crossfit claims that anyone in any sport should use crossfit and dominate their sport never came to fruition and I don't know of any competitor in any sport who claims xfit as the route to their success. The top competitors are clearly amazing athletes and can do alot of impressive feats. This doesn't howver make the winners the world's fittest athletes IMO, it makes them the best crossfitters. Fitness is sports specific. Is Bradley Wiggins "fitter" than Usain Bolt, or Anderson Silver, or Lionel Messi? They all need very different attributes.

As others have pointed out, what crossfit is exceptionally good at is marketing. Average joes are "elite athletes" after a few sessions of 3x5 back squats and 10 minutes of kettlebell swings and kipping pull ups. Who doesn't want to be elite? Most xfit gyms have a real sense of community and cameraderies, something that is pretty much absent in total fitness and the like. Who doesn't want to be part of a community? Add in some anti authoritarian slogans, some cool T shirts, some dietary recommendations that work pretty well and you have the perfect gang. Or cult.

I can see that I've ranted quite a bit so I'll leave it there. Roll-Eyes
» What Hold'S You Back ? (Go to post)02-08-2012 @ 09:41 
For oly lifting: long arms and poor shoulder flexibility. Plus lots of injuries, none of which I actually got from oly.

Otherwise: Lack of focus. Every couple of months or so I think about jacking it in for something new. For example earlier in the year I was thinking about taking SM more seriously. Right now I'm thinking about going back to judo after watching the olympics.
» Olympic Dragons 4 (Go to post)01-08-2012 @ 13:34 
MarkClegg said:Some big pull outs !!!

6 in total and at least 3 who I thought would get near the podium

Anybody interested about jumping on board should check out the events and weigh up your options .

Mark

I'm down as 4th reserve. Does that mean I'm now in?
» Which athlete are you most like? (Go to post)01-08-2012 @ 13:32 
David Kavelasvili. Greek weightlifter.
» Pete's training log (Go to post)31-07-2012 @ 21:08 
31st July

Press
47.5x5
55x5
62.5x6

Squat
135x5x3

Conditioning
Dan john complex with 40kg
» Pete's training log (Go to post)29-07-2012 @ 12:28 
Had a very enjoyable 10 days off doing not much training, just a bit of walking and yoga.

29th July

Snatch
Doubles up to 85
95 x 3 singles. 1 miss
103 miss

C&J
105 x 5 singles

Snatch pull
100x3x3

Pull ups and stretch
» Olympics - Who's Watching What......and When? (Go to post)29-07-2012 @ 08:56 
Cycling's one of those sport I'll kind of half watch whilst doing something else, bit like the cricket. Only properly watched the last 20 minutes.

Going to London tonight. Got tickets for weightlifting, judo and boxing. All at the ex-cel so no messing about with transport etc
» London 2012 - Weightlifting (Go to post)29-07-2012 @ 08:44 
I have to say I'm v selfishly glad that Zoe smith is in the B group. I got tickets for that group thinking that's what she'd end up in.
» Sugden Classic is Back (Go to post)19-07-2012 @ 20:17 
slimsim said:
We all know the Ronnie quotes Trav, even the people who don't like to admit it
LIGHT WEIGHT BABBBYYYYYYY! Grin

AIN'T NUTHIN BUT A PEANUT!!

I'm in. Will be aiming for a modest 135/ 235 and maybe a couple of stones
» Pete's training log (Go to post)19-07-2012 @ 20:10 
19th July

Every time i do some dips or (very rarely) bench, my shoulders make me regret it. Won't be doing that again for a while.

Snatch
Doubles up to 85
95 x 3 singles + 1 miss
100 miss

Power clean & 2 jerk
100 x 3 sets
110 miss 2nd jerk

Pull ups and stretch
» Watch out for these guys at the Olympics (Go to post)19-07-2012 @ 09:39 
Very excited about the olympics. I've got tickets for the weightlifting and judo on the same day! Can't wait! And Illiadis ftw. He was unbeatable at the worlds last year

You are here: HomeForumserious_pete → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions