REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 372 guests
You are here: HomeForumpandion → View All Posts

View All Posts: pandion

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)25-08-2016 @ 12:44 
Terry's big advantage is he's naturally huge and athletic. I doubt he has to push the limits as much as some mentioned and that's helping his longevity. On the other hand he's often admitted lacking motivation and real commitment but hopefully his team can provide that. If he can get technically better and come out firing he's our best chance at wsm from a genetics point of view.
» Smart clothes for jacked kunts (Go to post)01-08-2016 @ 09:42 
Get to a Slaters menswear. Always found them very helpful and can make adjustments on site.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)10-07-2016 @ 20:24 
I don't think Thor and Hall want to keep tempting fate chasing bigger numbers in every sense. A wsm win, a payday and hopefully enough status/exposure to move into something else.
» World Deadlift Championship Predictions (Go to post)09-07-2016 @ 19:26 
Pritchett must be spent Shirley?
» Unusual food combinations (Go to post)01-12-2015 @ 20:28 
Scrambled egg and chicken super noodles !
» Learning deadlift and squat (Go to post)30-11-2015 @ 20:30 
blundby said:Thanks. Nice to know it doesn't look too bad. Deadlift feels like it is not "fluid", like it is three steps and not one... Was adviced lifting shoes to get more hamstring activation by a mate. Feels a bit weird. Like it for squats though. Have lifted since summer. Weigh 110kg but I guess I still have room to fill out a bit Happy also a bit fat...

Very similar limb length to me mate. I'm taller but long legs n arms short body. I'd experiment shoeless for deads and heels for squats. That's what I found best. Perhaps try pushing your knees out more when squatting to reduce the back angle slightly. Best of luck
» Component Based Periodization (Go to post)03-08-2015 @ 11:08 
AMH_Power said:So, CAT training will improve lockout.

For those not in the know, CAT training is accelerating a weight to overcome the zero acceleration curve of a lift. You may not know it, but every time you lift light unless done explosively, you are detraining your lockout and explosive strength due to the fly wheel effect and using the conservation of momentum.

The easiest way and guaranteed way to improve explosive strength is with bands. Bands require that following start strength, you must keep the muscle 'ON' and further and progressively keep recruiting more fibres.

Also, I need to express something I hear all the time...
'banging' off the chest is NOT explosive. If somebody says.. "bro! you are really explosive off the chest but then it slows down bla bla"... this is WRONG.
You can be explosive and still be relatively slow... explosive is the ACCELERATION. If the weight slows down half way, then it has stopped accelerating, and you are not explosive. You probably have great start strength.

Another thing I need to clear up, SPEED work is NOT explosive work. I'm still on the fence with the use of speed work in powerlifting, but CAT work is king. Speed work can contribute to a lack of explosiveness... if a bar leaves the chest fast then the effort required to keep it moving is less and less.
With bands, you can train to be explosive while lifting MAXIMAL weights. This can be against the grain to what most read, but to be explosive, is a skill of progressively recruiting more fibres at a fast/progressive rate.
May I also add, that skilled lifters can lift explosively or in a progressive/accelerative manner without bands (Tom Martin squat is a perfect example. I don't know if it is a conscious effort, or a trait of a natural athlete. Also Andy Boltons deadlift also has great acceleration curve).

So, we now have the two main components of strength: Start strength and Explosive strength (and ultimately Limit strength)......
and Component Based Periodization is born.

So, I will overview here why the micro/macro/meso is constructed how it is:
(Post following)

This is very interesting as i've read a lot about developing power and always find myself debating speed training with a barbell Vs throwing. Without writing a boring essay it's accepted in throwing that you can't train speed/explosive power without the weight leaving the body (snatch, clean, throw etc) So unless a squat or bench leaves the body there must be a deceleration at the end of the movement meaning you haven't recruited all your potential. Are the bands used as compensation for that and if so would a failed lock out be what your aiming for. Just musing great info as always Happy
» Matt Kroc is now janae marie kroc (Go to post)28-07-2015 @ 08:29 
Priceless. Mark Bell next?
» Natural Stone lifting article (Go to post)21-07-2015 @ 16:03 
Great stuff, I hope to have a stone lifting pilgrimage some day for the scrap book. I also find natural stone much more interesting than atlas in strongman, the awkwardness and personal battle more impressive than ever increasing stone weight.
» Europes strongest man (Go to post)12-07-2015 @ 22:24 
Incredible from Edd. I just hope he has the financial backing to stay healthy or achieves his goals soon and can take a break. Can't help thinking he's pushing it hard. Stay healthy big man.
» Mo Farah's coach (Go to post)17-06-2015 @ 16:32 
Cuddles said:
Agreed. Hence why it is so impressive! These kids stand out compared to previous performances and records. They are managing to look impressive, against the best in their chosen field over a period of decades (and sometimes longer), with very little specific training. In some instances they look impressive against the men's open records!
Many of these athletes do not end up anywhere near professional sport. They might not get the right training, their 'career' might be too important (I see this with 13 year olds....), they might go to Church all weekend etc etc.
There is a reason why the Olympic sports that are currently flourishing in this country went to schools looking for talent. What they don't tell you is that they went to very few schools, and tested a very small number of the talent pool and are still dominating on the world stage.

The Talent is out there it's the funding and non existent profile of sports outside football that's the problem. The media is the biggest culprit with profile.

Are all Olympic golds equal?
» Body builders after photos (Go to post)08-06-2015 @ 19:52 
So a drugs free for all based on aesthetics rather than performance shows many to be average guys when not competing anymore. I don't think that's really a surprise is it?
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)29-04-2015 @ 21:48 
remco51092 said:Todays practice

Morning:
10 standing throws with block(15,20m)
10 standing throws with jump(15,30m)
8 short glides with block(16,43m)
8 full glides 18,20m with the 6k and 16,6m with the 7,26k)

Afternoon practice:
5*30m sprint
5*20m sprint
5* standing frog leap
1,07m hurdle jumps
1,07 plyo hurdle jump.

I can upload it if you guys want the last jump and maybe q sprint

Upload its good to see some other types of training for power. Keep it up!
» Getting stronger on a budget (Go to post)21-04-2015 @ 18:12 
McMuffin_Gains said:Well I've managed to conjour up a plan that would cost 190/month so I am going to trial it and see if it works in reality.

It relies heavily on:

Oats
Natural PB
Whey
Lean Mince
Chicken Breast
Wraps
Rice
Spaghetti
Chocolate Milk
and SAAAUUUCE

Leaving a small amount spare for negligible additions and condiments.

Frozen pollock. Buy it by the kilo and cook from frozen. Eggs, eggs and more eggs Happy
» Weights plus tree for sale (Go to post)07-04-2015 @ 14:30 
435kg plus Watson tree to store them.
All matching Olympic International cast plates. 500

14x20s
11x10s
6x5s
4x2.5s
4x1.25s

They're in Margate Kent message or call 07883377772 for pictures. Cheers guys.

You are here: HomeForumpandion → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions