REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 175 guests
You are here: HomeForummattr → View All Posts

View All Posts: mattr

» Pause Squat PB. (Go to post)31-07-2015 @ 16:05 
AMH_Power said:
haha you should see me without weight! That weight can make anyone ATG!

It's the getting up bit that's the real trick!

EPIC strength as always mate, nice work Happy
» Tips on what I'm doing wrong (Go to post)20-06-2015 @ 22:04 
It sounds like you're only benching once a week?
» best belt?? (Go to post)21-05-2015 @ 08:45 
There are good opinions on the Giants Pro Lever here:
http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/The-new-Giants-Pro-range-...
» The new Giants Pro range (Go to post)14-05-2015 @ 15:31 
Thanks guys, I think I'll give the Giants Pro lever a go

It was either this or the new Zuluglove Detonator
» Oats! (Go to post)14-05-2015 @ 15:29 
Nice, I'm going to give these a try.

I still make your low carb chocolate treats a couple of times a week Happy
» The new Giants Pro range (Go to post)07-05-2015 @ 14:16 
Just wondering if you'd used it yet? Any good compared to the likes of Inzer, Strengthshop etc?

Any other views as I'm looking for a new one
» Another great BodybuildingRev video - Squat Mobility Workshop (Go to post)27-03-2015 @ 10:38 
Very much interested in increasing mobility, just watching it now, cheers Happy
» how do you actually get strong? (Go to post)24-10-2014 @ 10:00 
unit94 said:this is gonna be a case of more than one way to skin a cat

week reps
1 3x5
2 4x5
3 5x5
4 6x5
5 5x5
6 4x4
7 3x3
8 2x2
9 rest
10 1x1

thats one way of doing it

Nice! I like the look of that progression. Roughly what sort of percentages would you use each week, or would you just go by feel? Would you do multiple sessions of the same lift each week at those numbers, or just once a week for each main lift? And any assistance work?

Thanks
» Lifetime squat pb; 280kg @ 94kg. (Go to post)18-09-2014 @ 21:47 
Very impressive indeed.

Got to say thanks also cos I've been having some good results with the previous routine and spreadsheet you posted - a day of prilepin numbers and a day of 80% doubles each week. I take it you're advocating daily squatting over this now? Or do you switch back and forth between those methods?

Thanks
» Increasing strict overhead press (Go to post)06-05-2014 @ 22:42 
What sort of progression/routine has worked best for your strict press?

I have found my deads respond well to Ortmayer 1x/wk, my squats go well with 5/3/1 with some extra volume 2x/wk, so those are sorted for now. But I can't seem to get my strict press to go up unless I over-eat and let my bodyweight go up too (which I don't want to do atm).

I've tried 1, 2 and 3x/week for presses. I've tried working up to a max 3-5. I've tried 5x5. I've tried Russian style routines. I've tried periodisation (loading phases etc). I've tried lots of assistance (CG work etc) and no assistance for periods. But nothing seems to get it moving unless I'm willing to get fatter.

Any advice? What has worked best for you? Thx
» Nike Romaleos 2 opinions. (Go to post)01-05-2014 @ 20:42 
Does anybody know where stocks these in (or within an hour or so of) the East Midlands, so that they can be tried on before purchase? I think I either need a 10.5 or an 11 but since it's quite an investment I'd rather try them on first to get the right size.

In terms of the size, I take an 11 in normal nike trainers, but they are always snug on the width but have loads of space in the toe. So unsure if the 10.5 would be too tight on the width... or the 11 too long.

I know strengthshop, gymratz (Bristol) and kicks-store (Dorset) have them, but all are a long way from me.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
» How do you Train? (Go to post)02-04-2014 @ 12:57 
AMH_Power said:
Cheers, I'll try get on more!
Here you go mate:
http://www.angelware.co.uk/arp.xls
You can merge bench/squat days to condense the routine down (especially if you want to deadlift 2x a week in the same pattern (just look at the formula to add another column for a 2nd deadlift day).
Cheers

Nice posts and thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what happens after the 4 week cycle in the spreadsheet? Do you just start week 1 again off of your new current and target max? Or do you deload for a week before starting again? Or something else?

Cheers
» Cheapest sources of protein from Tesco (Go to post)06-09-2013 @ 19:00 
Nice thread! So oats, unsalted monkey nuts, ss milk and eggs in a blender for the win Happy

Plenty of low gi carbs and good fats in those too
» Powerlifting coach in bedfordshire area? (Go to post)23-08-2013 @ 18:41 
Can anybody recommend a good coach in or around the Beds/Bucks/etc area who can help me with some form issues particularly on the squat. Preferably somebody who knows what to do with a long limbed, short torso'd individual who can't stay upright at all (think more than 45 degree lean) on back squats and some lower back tucking, but no problem at all with fronts or overheads oddly. I'm unsure of whether it's a flexibility issue, tight hip flexors, or whether that's just how I'm built, so I'd be very keen on getting some coaching in person. Any recommendations?

Essentially I want a Mark Clegg type but based much further south Happy

Cheers
» deadlift and squat same day (Go to post)26-02-2013 @ 21:05 
Darrenmac1988 said:
Deadlifting after Squats = Good Happy
Squatting after Deadlifts = Bad Unhappy
well for me anyway lol

I find this too Cool

You are here: HomeForummattr → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions