pull downs 3 sets of heavy pull downs

dumbell rows
50k x 10
60k x 10 very slow
» robocop (Go to post)30-11-2008 @ 12:39 
stephen said:
robocop said:
stephen said:
Great last few sessions, shouldering the 170 stone would be cool Cool Eek make sure and video it! Grin How close did you get with it?

mate i was very close i had it up at shoulder but because of the sheer size of it it was difficult to get it on delt to take left arm away must have tried it 5 times got closer every time

next week my friend you should come up we are having great workouts right now great buzz

Bloody hell shouldering the 170's in the bag then! Cool Would be good to head up for some events with you guys, can't make this sunday but definetly the next(7th dec) might bring along another victim if that's ok? Happy

see you then mate
» is this tacky any good? (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 16:21 
alright i dont have my bag handy cause i am in work but it is salon services i get it from the shop is just across from my shop
as i said you just heat it up and it feels looks smells just like tacky stickes to the balls just the same
i have used them all the dave ostlund stuff the jack tack and i find the leg wax is just as good for a fraction of the price i will buy some and send it to anyone who wants to send me the cash and postage its no problem
you get 500mil for less than a tenner

and you have the smoothest sexyest arms ever !!!!!
» robocop (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 15:16 
buzz said:
robocop said:
cheers buzz the forearms are feeling much better asw you remember they started up in your gaff so i blame you
your gym has went al gay with your we shop and heaters and stuff
too classy for me !!!!!

Hey, but it was the magical salty drink that I gave you that eased the forearms off remember Grin

i will return to unit 20 as i want the 150k log i bombed and the next time i shoulder you 160k stone (no belt of taky) i will put it down better than last time, so i dont get barred

i have not really spoke to anyone about this but was thinking of doing a pre scottish qualfier run at the gym over jan
s that the guys can do a total run through of all the events to give them a guage of where they are what you think
might help the guys on the fringes of qualification get the edge on others

You nearly broke the 160, and also f**ked the viking press up you bas***d, so you're already barred! Wink

Run through pre-comp thing sounds good, reckon there's a few f**kers on 'the cusp' of the qualifier at the mo

thats true about dura light
what did i do to the viking press looked fine to me it was onlty 200k haha
sorry i will have more respect next time i am in your cribb big dawg !!!!
how did bern get on at the worlds not text her yet
» robocop (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 15:13 
JC said:
Beastly work mate. Farmers looking exceptionally strong in your previous post!!

thanks JC the work on my biceps tendons and forearms have recovered my grip back to a good standard
hopefully it can recover back to its all time best
» robocop (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 14:59 
buzz said:
Good sessions recently man, looking strong! Let's see SSM bagged next year, and some damage done at the Brits/UKs as well!

cheers buzz the forearms are feeling much better asw you remember they started up in your gaff so i blame you
your gym has went al gay with your we shop and heaters and stuff
too classy for me !!!!!

i will return to unit 20 as i want the 150k log i bombed and the next time i shoulder you 160k stone (no belt of taky) i will put it down better than last time, so i dont get barred

i have not really spoke to anyone about this but was thinking of doing a pre scottish qualfier run at the gym over jan
s that the guys can do a total run through of all the events to give them a guage of where they are what you think
might help the guys on the fringes of qualification get the edge on others
» robocop (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 14:21 
tue 25 nov
pressing

seated log press
70k x 20 warm up
100k x 8
120k x 8 (PB) the 120's just kept grinding up
130k x 4 (PB) never done a 130k before so happy with that i tell you
130k x 3 tried to video it only got 3 for camera , bas***d

seated barbell pres
60k x 10
100k x 8
120k x 6 (PB)
130k x 3 (PB)

decline bench press
100k x 20
140k x 15
180k x 6

done some work on triceps
and went home
i did all my pressing seated as i did not want to put any strees on back as i am deadlifting tonight
hit a lot of PBs but they are prob down to the length of time i have not done these exceises for and so on but very happy anyway
» robocop (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 14:13 
stephen said:
Great last few sessions, shouldering the 170 stone would be cool Cool Eek make sure and video it! Grin How close did you get with it?

mate i was very close i had it up at shoulder but because of the sheer size of it it was difficult to get it on delt to take left arm away must have tried it 5 times got closer every time

next week my friend you should come up we are having great workouts right now great buzz
» robocop (Go to post)26-11-2008 @ 14:10 
CHESTER said:
Nice work.
Glad your back & firing on all cylinders .

thanks chester thats nice of you to say
your one of the good guys
i have been lucky as i only lost about a week with bugg and i couple of workouts with bicep tendons
last year i tore my quad sprained my wrist and damaged my elbow all in about 10 days whole of oct and nov a write off then had flu for the whole of dec so my off season training last year was s**t and i feel this affected my progress between 07 and 08
but this year chester i am lovin the offseason and getting some great gains

what about yourself you beasting the weights over the winter
» is this tacky any good? (Go to post)25-11-2008 @ 11:04 
go into salon services or other same type of shop and buy 500ml of leg wax they come in big tubs that are supposed to sit in a machine that heats the tub up they cost about 6 quid and they even do 3 for 2 sometimes so thats 1500ml for less than 15 pound

all you do is place tub with wax facing heater or buy a we blow torch from b&q with all the money you save
leg wax sticks as good as any tacky if is heated
only thing is it is harder to remove
» robocop (Go to post)24-11-2008 @ 18:49 
alright feeling much better after my s**tting and chucking up bug that got me a couple of weeks ago

also had really bad pain in my forearms found out that it was inflamed bicep tendons very painfully physo

but all the weight i lost back on and feeling solid

it was not all bad as my body got a rest as my back and hams where starting to fall off

here is some highlights of what i have done since i have been back

first workout back legs
last friday, was half a stone lighter and still not feeling my best but rather than ease myself back into it decided to go for 250k squats for 10
i have video will post it
got 9 but was about to pass out so racked it before it racked me
f**king hard hard set

second
events
tried yoke legs where still fired from squats so left them

did some good pressing with log reps with 130k from the floor

then some van deads
520k plus ken plus steve (side handles)
then from the front some great sets
have videos

third
back, worked up to 340k silver dollar had more in me but grip felt funny with all the work to fix bicep tendon
did 260k from 5 inch block

then one of my best moments in the gym pulled 300k dead raw very happy with this as i am not a great deadlifter
also i get a lot out of a suit cause i am slow off the floor but once its over the knees i am solid so i think in my knew suit i am getting for christmass i am good for 330k minimum

fourth
legs
front squat
240k for 3, f**king love front squats hav vid will post

fith
events

best workout in long time

van deads side handles

520k of weight plus stainless and steve both about 200k for 8 reps

front bar like brits adding weight after each reps
went from 7 plates to 11 plates very good fun but hard
then 10 plates for 8 reps very tough

did farmers 150k for 30m turn at 15 no putdowns
170k farmers 10m lost ballance dropped them

stones worked up to the 170k beast then did it for a set of 3 onto high barrel then had 5 attempts at shouldering it nealy got it
will get it next week for the sugden

all in all good to be back after about 10 s**t days
my back and hams feel much better and the rest did them good
my grip feels great after all the forearm treatment and bicep tendons feeling good so lets run a mock in dec
» robocop (Go to post)12-11-2008 @ 16:28 
its all about the weetabix baby
i am feeling much better i will train tonight gonna do some back then legs friday events sunday
plann is just upper back to let lower back rest for friday

gonna try 250k for 10 i think legs have it but lungs not so sure did 220k for 10 one time nearly killed me but i will give it a go

then some solid events on sunday want 410k yoke big log press stones you know how it is gonna get some good vids for the sugden massive
» robocop (Go to post)11-11-2008 @ 11:29 
hello sugden hope you have missed me
i have been off ill as f**k

let me paint a picture for you
trained not friday but friday before (last entry in journal) did a tripple with 300k back squat prob could have got 4 if i had not been rusty with form
then i went to unit 20 to train with the guys there did a 200k viking press and i shoulderd 160k stone no belt no tacky
so things where going good
but i started getting really bad cramps in my forearms never felt anything like it dont know why must have been dehydrated or something took couple of days off gym to rest up

then i was in the shop wed and boooom i started to throw up every 5 mins could not even drink water but it would come stright out of me
then i had the s**ts for the next 3 days still could not eat a solid meal till sat
lost half a stone but i kept protein comming in with shakes and stuff

trying to take positives from it got a week off to rest up as my back and forearms where starting to feel overtrained and it could have been worse last november i got injured 3 times in 10 days

so i will keep the calories comming and get back into good form
» robocop (Go to post)01-11-2008 @ 12:31 
hello sugden

i trained on wed and i did my back workout i just did upper back as my lower back has been stiff all week and wanted to rest it up for legs and events
it was good workout but nothing worth noting

31 10 08
legs
after front squatting and the 666 challenge i wanted to go from a good back squat i knew my form would be a little rusty, as you all know front squats and back are a little different
wanted some reps with 300k and i thought it would be a good basis to switch my squats back from front to back
ken wanted 4 reps and this worried me

squats
60k x 6
100k x 6
140k x 6
180k x 4
220k x 1 put belt on belt was not sitting right form felt a little off felt like i was leaning to far froward
270k x 1 put knee wraps on for this much better than 220k
300k x f what the f**k!!! was not switched on form was not right weight did not feel that heavy just rusty
got a good slap and i went for it agin
300k x 3 wanted 4 but after all the f**king about i will take 3 they where all deep and form got better through the reps

did some leg presses went up to 450k and some leg raises and so on but was in a we huff about squatting
the plan is
to do 250k for 10 reps next week get my groove right again
then 300k for 4 the week after (might try for 5)
light week
then last week in nov go for a 340k single

sorry i have no video of 300k for 3 but needed a spot and ken is the only one with the brains to use camera !!
kens knee cant be that bad though grabbed a 22 stone guy with 300k on his back and picked me up and flung me back onto rack !!!

will get some good videos of events on sunday as i am going through to unit 20 to train with the east coast boys

12345678910 ... ... 115116117118119120121122123124125

You are here: HomeForumrobocop → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions