REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 82 guests
You are here: HomeForumTeddy → View All Posts

View All Posts: Teddy

» Knee sleeves (Go to post)15-09-2011 @ 13:25 
I have the strengthshop ones. They're OK at keeping the area warm but don't really offer much compressive support. Compared to Vulkan/Rehband, they're like Tesco value, but if they're all you can afford they're better than nothing Happy
» Boltons strongest man 2012. (Go to post)14-09-2011 @ 08:46 
Post Edited: 14.09.2011 @ 08:54 AM by Teddy
I'd imagine the majority of Sugden would say open it up to the whole country, but I'll offer my biased opinion regardless.

(Despite the fact that I'm doing Cheshire's U105s when I'm from Lancashire...) I think regional "titles" should only be available to athletes from that region.. I know some people aren't bothered about the titles and just want to compete etc. But I can't see the local interest (media in particular) staying if Bolton's Strongest Man is from Kent or wherever.

There's a good amount of homegrown talent in Bolton, certainly on the novice and intermediate level - with a few athletes I'd consider to be of elite level. With the novices from this year improving and possibly entering the open, there's room and plenty of interest for new blood in that category.

[/biased boltonian opinion]

This is no slur on your efforts, because you did an amazing job as a one-man band. But what I do think was missing was proper marketing/advertising for the event. A radio interview a few newspaper articles and facebook isn't enough to generate a buzz about a big town centre event, imo.

Next year I'd like to see posters in every gym MONTHS before, a post on Sugden, etc! You know myself and most of the lads would be happy to help with stuff like this. Happy
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)14-09-2011 @ 08:17 
Get in on Cheshire's mate, you can kick my arse again in everything but the deadlift! Grin

We did end up driving back to Manchester behind a customised 'MILSY J' numberplate though.. !

I saw that in the ASDA carpark on Blackburn Road in Bolton on Monday!! Did wonder if it was Milsy's..
» this is a gud 1 (Go to post)12-09-2011 @ 13:24 
I once had to fail a squat PB on purpose just to stop myself from following through.
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)05-09-2011 @ 21:37 
Sparrow said:
Jerk the bas***d up!
Yeah, no suits. But straps on an axle? I don't really get that TBH. Axle should be a test of grip, if not may as well use a regular bar. All IMO of course...Grin

Nice numbers being shifted above fella!

I agree with you about the axle deadlift.. I'd rather it was an oly bar, especially with the logistical issue of actually fitting plates onto the axle with the tyres on. At the moment, I think 305kg was the most we could fit on using standard 20kg plates. Hopefully they'll be able to borrow another gym's 50kg plates, but even then - max will be 365.. if everything fits on!

We shall see!

Are you picking up your log any time soon? It's still at SV! Tongue
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)04-09-2011 @ 15:37 

Teddy - should be a cracker! hopefully plenty of PBs will be smashed. If not at least we can all get smashed. Grin

I'll count anything I get above head as a PB.. even if it's just the axle bar itself Tongue

Not sure if Andy has said yay or nay to suits yet.. any idea?
» Olympic Dragon 3. (Go to post)04-09-2011 @ 03:04 
All the best to the U90kg lads tomorrow. Hope to join you next year once I've shifted some flab Cool
» THE BEST DEADLIFT SUIT (Go to post)03-09-2011 @ 19:34 
I might have a metal pro king deadlifter (with velcro straps) for sale. 99% sure it'll be a good fit for you - size 50.

Bought it off Chris Jenkins and tried it a few times but suited lifting just isn't for me.

Interested? Happy
» UKs Strongest Woman (Go to post)03-09-2011 @ 18:03 
Just seen on FB - Rebecca Weatherburn is UK's Strongest Woman 2011 Happy
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)03-09-2011 @ 15:03 
Glad to see you've entered the push and pull in November mate.. should be a good evening! Happy
» Olympic Weightlifting Technique WorkShop (Go to post)31-08-2011 @ 17:22 
I'll try to get down for this! Never had the courage to try a snatch.

Ahem.
» back pump? (Go to post)28-08-2011 @ 15:15 
Possibly a few knots? I get what feel like pumps in one of my lats when walking (I don't carry carpets Tongue ) and lower traps.

Having someone give a quick deep tissue massage in the area usually sorts it out temporarily, but I think a few proper massages are needed to sort it properly.

Had to get my wife to dig her knuckles into my back half-way through Bolton's Strongest, and while were were just walking around on holiday last week.

As above... foam rolling might help a little!
» Britains Natural Strongest Man 2011 (Go to post)27-08-2011 @ 02:18 
Good luck to all tomorrow especially Mark from Bolton!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)27-08-2011 @ 02:15 
Post Edited: 27.08.2011 @ 02:16 AM by Teddy
"which one is Teddy" He said.

Good meeting you at Bolton's, if a bit brief and my being slightly intimidated! Grin Tongue
» Cheshires Strongest Man u105 (Go to post)25-08-2011 @ 10:29 
Cheque is in the post Happy

You are here: HomeForumTeddy → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions